I want to become invisible to the guy harassing me - not a pvp issue

Stalking, in and of itself, isn’t something we penalize for in a video game environment. There are no restrictions placed on where a character can be in-game. If they are physically harassing you, that is another matter and something that can be looked into. However, being in the same zone, same area, knowing where your character is, is generally not something we can prevent nor penalize.

3 Likes

You want options thats a option that way as long as none of your friends are snitches hell never know u moved servers and he cant harrass you.

This honestly shows how little blizz understands about deliberate harassment.

1 Like

We understand it, Chitinud, but you are misunderstanding what we must do to verify and penalize such behavior.

2 Likes

Come on, now. Someone placing pixels in front of you isn’t harassment, and we’ve already given you tools on how to avoid the text this person is producing.

2 Likes

Joys of an MMO if you make a good or bad rep for yourself it tends to stay with you for quite awhile.

Seriously, Chitinud, if the filter doesn’t allow for the word, circumventing that isn’t the best idea.

I edited it out this time around but that language is a violation and can result in a silence on the forums.

2 Likes

That’s nothing new for females on the internet. Most how ever know better then to broadcast they are female. It’s like putting a giant target on you sure it may get you free stuff and allow you to get away with certain at times but for the most part letting ppl on a video game know you are female is not a wise move.

3 Likes

Why are you censoring what actually happened to me? I am not threatening another person, I am saying that this is the extreme length that they will go to, and you won’t even let me speak about it?

I don’t think that is an excuse to just let the kind of harassment that Chitinud described in their last post happen. We all have a duty to curb that kind of behavior and not enable the folks doing it to get away with it.

4 Likes

None of the horrible behavior you just mentioned is allowed in Blizzard games. Report anything said to you like that.

If your realm knows who you are, given you are a member of the community, they will see this person as a bitter and angry troll. He won’t have the standing to make you look bad - just himself for going after you.

Blizzard can’t, at this time, prohibit pixels from being near you.

If you ever feel there is a real life threat though - reach out to law enforcement. Blizzard will comply with, and assist, law enforcement with valid investigations.

You may not realize this, but you are telling women that they should have to hide their gender and that if they don’t - THEY are at fault for any harassment they get.

Nobody should have to hide super basic things like that. People need to stop being jerks.

16 Likes

Because it’s a breach of the forum code of conduct that WE ALL have to abide by.

5 Likes

The language you are using violates the Code of Conduct, Chitinud. Period. There is no gray area there, don’t use the language.

Edit: By the way, if that is happening in-game, report it. That absolutely is harassment. We have no tolerance for behavior like that.

4 Likes

im a woman and I see what you mean…im pretty sure you are very young and dealing with this. just IGNORE and move on. Don’t need to sweat so much about this. change your name, make another account, transfer your toons, etc. the more dramatic you are going to sound after LEGIT answers that people want to help here, the harder youll understand…

gurl … :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

You can talk about it. You need to avoid the actual words though - that includes masked versions.

All the things you said are terrible and Blizzard does not allow them. At all. There are ways to get the idea across without breaking the forum rules.

4 Likes

This is just more victim blaming. Again, I should not have to pay money and lose my community because some dude is obsessed with me. The systems that blizzard has in place to deal with harassment are inadequate and quite often blame the victim- see the ignore vs report issue.

1 Like

Not an excuse at all Vrak. But after gaming for so many years you start to notice trends. Not only that I play with multiple females including my wife and outside of raiding you would not know they are females as that type of behaviour has become all too common. It’s kind of like don’t pour gas on your leg if your standing next to a fire.

OP has been provided options, but thread is becoming quite circular I think.

3 Likes

Indeed. We’re going to be wrapping it up in a moment.

4 Likes

Why do men get to be men on the internet but women have to be careful of everything they say lest someone decide they are their bullying target for the next six months? that is a huge double-standard and victim-blaming.

1 Like