I want the game to go back to being simpler

I play Ark Survival, way more an MMO than WoW is these days.

I think they are trying to address the issues that drove away the casual audience. It is going to take time for us to see those changes.

1 Like

My view as long as Bobby, Ion, and Mike are at the top nothing significant is going to change. Bobby just wants to keep as many players logging in for as long as possible which the current model promotes. Ion and Mike are competitive players so the course for changing is just not likely. Also Mike was with MS for 16 years prior to Blizz so heā€™s not going anywhere.

1 Like

Question: is it a forced pvp kind of game? Because Iā€™m interested in the game, but not in PvP.

There are PVE and PVP servers

1 Like

It was the most casual of the MMOs for itā€™s day, because itā€™s competitors required even more of your time and dedication.

1 Like

I full clear heroic raid with in 2-3hrs every week pugging and mythic plus only takes about 5-6 hrs tops for a full vault. Its as easy as it gets. The boss mechanics are a joke now adays. I dont think the game needs to be any dumber just people need to have more spacial awareness. This game is the easiest its ever been to gear.

As u can buy a full set of pvp gear and get honor geared pretty fast this is redundant

Seems like it would take a while to fully upgrade conquest gear. Maybe you could do it fast with rated PvP?

Boss mechnics are harder than most in the past what you on.

1 Like

the least no life game is still a no life game. just because others were 2 full time jobs doesnt mean wow being a full time job was casual. im only on my main 2 days a week and i got aotc and 26 almost 2700io. i spend my extra free time on alts when i want to and my evoker is almost as geared as my main with a few other alts around 420+. if i were to put the same effort im putting in now back during vanilla i would be a under geared priest still working on clearing mc

But that is how it got itā€™s casual rep. It was never the hardcore MMO.

1 Like

yea i understand that but when you compared it to now which is what is being done its a time sink for the sake of time sinks that he wants to go back to which is far from casual

It seems heā€™s talking about level of difficulty and not time spent. Since he talks about before Mythic+ and when raids went up to heroic. Heā€™s talking about the endgame experience.

WoW lived long enough to see itself become the villain.

EQ wasnā€™t hard nor was WoW when they launched mostly everything was tank and spank. WoW had far less time sinks and instancing which sped up the process. EQ dug itā€™s heels in and said no. WoW won.

The amount of add-ons and understanding of rotations is just too insane for me now-a-days. If I was to play a MMO it would be FF14 as most of my real life friends have been playing that because lack of add-ons and the overall casualness is something weā€™re looking for in our 30s. But honestly with BG3 and SF I doubt Iā€™d play consistently.

3 Likes

Then just stick with doing the easier stuff you like? Just because you want the game to be easy doesnā€™t mean the rest of us do. You can already just do normal mythics, do them. The harder stuff doesnā€™t need to be removed just because you arenā€™t good enough to take part.

2 Likes

M+ is the only reason I play this game, i dunno bro.

The biggest question I have about Mythic plus is this:

Is it about being able to get gear without raiding? Would you be alright if M+ was still very challenging but only a challenge mode option with cosmetics (but maybe you still can buy some gear from a vendor)? Cause if you take away the gear progression from it I wonder how many would truly still be doing it.

1 Like

yes, i dont care about gearing and if it was up to me I would rather have BiS day 1.

i play M+ because i genuinely love the game mode.

See thatā€™s the important thing there to me. I did Torghast without any real gearing reward from it. Hell even the mount I got I could run around on in the Maw for a bit when others didnā€™t have it wasnā€™t a big deal for me when it was given to everyone. For me it was about the challenge first.

This is already there for you. LFR is the raid difficulty you are looking for. Way simpler mechanics and far less stress. And M0 Dungeons are much lower difficulty. And there is also an upgrade path for all the gear in these dungeons. Which if you grind them out, will net you 424i gear.

What I am perceiving is your problem is that you want the highest difficulty gear, or at least higher difficulty gear from doing easy content. Which isnt an argument you will win or a point you will get much following on.

I would advise is just setting a goal that you are ok with as far as your gameplay goes. For me that is KSM and AoTC each patch. I dont really push beyond that. So that caps me right now at 430i ish. Which is fine for me. You just have to decide what your cap is, and enjoy it. If its LFR and M0 gearing, then go for it and enjoy.

Unfortunately the problem with these types of content, is that you out-geared them quickly, and then after that there was no point in running them, as there were no rewards worth running them for. And making the rewards out-scale the difficulty doesnt work either. There is a good amount of solo friendly grinds, but there are not many solo friendly instances.

The problems also existed with Torghast and Visions. While they were good efforts, just by differences between classes and roles, some class/specs facerolled them. Others struggled. And the rewards could only scale to a point, before they become useless. Torghast was a good experiment and has some potential for future content.

But again. What you are looking for largely exists in the game currently. But you want the gear from the higher difficulties to come from the lower difficulties. If you ignored that Heroic Raid, Mythic Raid, and M+ existed. Then the instanced contend is exactly what you are looking for. You just have to be ok with the gear plateau the content you enjoy has.