I want the game to go back to being simpler

I just want to do upwards of Mythic dungeons with no mythic plus. And all raids besides maybe mythic being very pug friendly. Simpler mechanics, easier gearing, and they can add in the mythic plus system to challenge mode for those that want to climb the difficulty ladder.

More fun stuff like scenarios from MoP added into the world you can queue for for fun and some loot. Stuff like that would be fun. Fun relaxing content I don’t have to be a pro gamer to do. WoW used to be so casual and relaxing but these days it stresses me out.

Edit: I’ll add I do like challenging solo to small group content like we got with Horrific Visions or Torghast. This was nice cause I could set my own pace, do what I felt like doing, and repeat it without feeling like it was a headache.

110 Likes

Anything less than a M+ should only give less than M+ gear. Stressed out…come on. It’s Sunday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Wasn’t Mythic, without M+, only in the game for the final patch of WoD?
I like M+ but I do agree with your underlying point. The game is too difficult and too time consuming to play it as casually as we once used to.

I used to be fairly well geared by doing random BGs, world content, Heroic dungeons, LFR and the occasional normal clear (like one or twice a month).

To be “fairly well geared” by todays standards I’d at least need to do one +15 a week for the vault and to try and find my way into a pug HC clear (or a guild).

21 Likes

It’s too much of a chore to keep up with people because the game is mostly hardcore players now. So then you dont’ get invited to do anything and everything is tuned for people who put a lot of effort into gearing.

I want to do the new dungeon but it hardly seems worth it to spend so much time gearing up.

Same thing with PvP. You apparently need full conquest gear now just to be competitive in casual PvP as honor gear is obsolete.

40 Likes

I see that tacklebox hiding behind you.

4 Likes

All I know is I have zero interest in trying super hard to get optimal everything by farming for weeks and weeks. I don’t like M+ and going through that with random people despite how much easier it is this season. I can’t even get into a normal raid even with 407ish ilevel for a normal raid in the easiest raid we’ve had probably in years from what I hear.

It’s crazy what people expect of you these days. I think this may be one thing that has pushed a lot of people away from the game. But hey maybe I’m wrong who knows.

The only thing I did like somewhat that was hard imo was Twisting Corridors in SL which I pushed through to get Tower Ranger for fun solo.

17 Likes

Raids being mechanically complex has nothing to do with you not getting invited to pugs because you have a low item level.

It doesn’t matter how easy the raid is - pugs are going to default to preferring higher item levels. Surely we can’t pretend to be surprised by this, or that this wasn’t the case back when gearscore popped up way back in 2010 or whatever.

9 Likes

This is still allowed.

11 Likes

I mean it drops 415 from the first few bosses and is again pretty easy. The first boss feels like an LFR boss I don’t get it. Most tryhards are pugging heroic and mythic now and don’t even care about normal. Normal is a chill raid or should be considered one.

5 Likes

It still is; but you can’t expect pugs to choose people progging norm when there’s a practically infinite number of DPS already at or past the item level it drops.

Like, there’s no shortage of players trying to pug. All else being equal - would you choose the applicant that’s 427 or 407? Which one’s going to be more likely to make your casual, sweat-free run go smoothly?

Also, if Aberrus is this easy, why does the game need to be simpler?

8 Likes

I don’t know if I’d consider heroic raids tryhard, especially this tier.

Although competition for spots can be fierce considering there’s a million people with a good ilev fighting over a spot.

1 Like

“i want to make everyone play like me , please blizzard do something “ pass

15 Likes

I 100% agree OP this game has gotten far to complex to be fun for us casual players anymore, add to it the absolutely insane complex rotations and the unbelievable gatekeeping!!! Its so so so unfair and unfun. Like how are we suppose to get higher than 402item level if we cant get invited to anything. I mean sure theres the weekly to get a piece of 415 and then the assaults and now timerifts that let you buy gear but ugh its not enough blizzard!!! We need to be hand held more to combat the evil gatekeepers of normal raiding and very low mythic keys!!! Its not fair blizzard stop catering to try hard elitist!!! Ugh i havent even tried to run anything for weeks cause its just not worth the headache of being gatekept!!!

16 Likes

You think you want simpler days of one button rotation where only mages got invited, but you don’t.

6 Likes

There’s currently 5 sources of veteran / champion track gear a week, one of which being fully deterministic. Crafting gear can be made at effectively no cost at 408 ilvl with a single whelpling crest on any slot. Spark gear starts at 424 at baseline and you can make two of them 437 with the items from the end of the campaign and 20 loam renown.

I was helping a friend, who’s not played wow since mop, and she got to 412 in her first week just from learning where all the available gear is. She was 425 after 2-3 weeks before stepping into a normal raid and has since found a cool casual guild to run heroic with who don’t care that she’s brand new to the game.

I couldn’t be prouder, genuinely.

9 Likes

You can do that btw. You dont have to participate in m+ and can stick to lfr raids. But if you are asking to put a cap on skill level requirements on the game and keep other chars from being better than yours, no.

Wow is more casual now than it used to be in many ways, as well as being more challenging content wise than it used to be in other ways. You can easily switch mains nowadays with minimal effort compared to vanilla as well. Its a less time consuming game now than it was. I used to do mythic raiding but no longer have the time and i am ok with that. Just adjust your goals to fit your life, dont expect everyone else to change the game for you.

7 Likes

I disagree I think the current game separates the haves and have nots way too much. The have nots get almost nothing for their time in comparison. The flightstones and leveling up gear is a nice attempt at a solution for this but it’s merely a bandaid.

Not only are people spread across multiple phases in merged servers that don’t even have their own identity any longer but they are spread across multiple difficulties. People barely care to talk to each other. Gatekeeping has become more enforced as a principle of the game now in various ways perhaps unintended by Blizzard. It’s a lot like the old amount of levels we used to have and how daunting that could seem, and now we have all these tiers and levels of gear and difficulty. All the annoying things you have to put up with to climb to the top that all have in mind weak auras, parsing, addons, and more gets ridiculous. It’s a giant monster that has told those of us who just want to play the game and have some casual fun to get lost or play their way.

The game has only suffered more and more with this attempt at catering to an overly hardcore super tryhard community. So many blame LFR, but why would people even be running LFR at all if the alternatives were fun?

2 Likes

How are you 407? Fresh toon? Doing the absolute bare minimum of LFR, fryakk, & crafting I have multiple toons over 420.

2 Likes

/Grumbles in Tuesday.

No this character I’ve been playing steadily is now 416 but it takes awhile to get the crests and everything to even upgrade it. No idea how you can get to 420 super fast at all tbh.