I want Spellblades

… And you can’t tell me no.

Spellblade would be a melee-midrange class (I’d even take 4th Mage spec, though I’d prefer a whole class) utilizing cloth armor and instant/short cast time spells and empowered strikes.

“But Sam!” You might say, “That’s just DK!”

WRONG

DK is plate, melee, and DUMB. The fantasy of DK is based around disease, whereas the fantasy of Spellblade is based around flashy spells and magic combos.

The closest analogy would probably be Enhancement Shaman, but Shaman is dumb too. I don’t want lightning bolts, I want POINT BLANK FIREBALLS TO THE FACE.

I also want it to be a class because defensively weaving magical shielding as a tank is cool.

I would appreciate it if this was made Blizz’s number one priority, thanks.

3 Likes

Enhancement shaman.

Flashy melee spells, still incorporate ranged attacks.

Basically let blood elves be shamans for the single lore reason we allow void elves to be priest and kultiran to be shamans.

Lava lash, flame shock…?

2 Likes

You want players to take your ideas seriously yet you say stuff like this…?

I want to be in a DRESS with a SWORD.

:angry:

But really, I want an Arcane fantasy, not an elemental fantasy. With a sword and a cute little offhand orb.

Edit:

DKs are dumb, their brains have rotted. That’s just science.

You are the one that said fireballs.

1 Like

Fireballs are arcane, don’t you go around pointing out the flaws in my reasoning.

1 Like

Agreed. Nightborne and Highborne (Night Elves) would be amazing ones. I think that’s their term, while the other races call it battle mage?

But this class would be amazing. A swordsman mage.

The thing is how do you implement your version of Spell blade that wouldn’t just be a recolor shaman.

This is why Tinker is the highest on most people list because it’s the only class that doesn’t.

The other option I could see is creating a Spell Breaker class over a spell blade.

1 Like

I don’t care, just give it to me, I want it now.

As a more serious answer:
Bring back ‘On Next Melee’ for fire/frost empowered hits. So the FIREBALL TO THE FACE would give an empowered next melee hit of a fire DoT, with the frost spell or empowered melee interacting with that DoT in some way.

The resource could be fire/frost/something else? charges a la old DK runes, where they’re charged either via some other action or over time.

Primary combat mobility could be an antiblink based on Transcendance, where they can lay out shorter duration teleport zones, or something like a Door of Shadows delayed blink as a class ability.

There’d be overlap, because every class has overlap, but Shaman and DK both have elements to them and their playstyle that I just don’t find fun and leaning more into a mage flavor is just something I find very appealing. I’m neither intelligent nor a dev… But I want it.

We can call it whatever you want, I’m not picky!

Dragon age inquisition had a cool take on a melee magic user. Would be fun to have a spec that works something like the knight enchanter.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a spellblade, but if I were to design it I would probably focus primarily on an arcane/melee theme and not have point blank damage spells to avoid it basically just being a reskinned Elemental Shaman.

I really want point blank fireballs to the face. :frowning: SHAMAN DON’T DESERVE THEM THEY’RE NOT COOL ENOUGH

But really I feel like there should be a way for these things to exist without stepping too much on each other. Rogues get to cast Gun without it robbing from Shaman, so there has to be some ground where they’re comfortably separate.

Eh, like it or not mixing fire/cold with melee is already an Elemental Shaman thing.

Which there is overlap between classes sure, but what you’re asking for here is basically just Elemental Shaman 2.0. Especially being that you’re just asking for Lightning Bolts to the face to be replaced with Fireballs to the face.

If they’re gonna make a new class that already kind of close to a current spec in theme, they should at least try to make it different.

Play ESO and spellblade away :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, definitely agree! I mean it could lean more into the combo side of things, like Fire-Frost-Fire triggers a cool detonation or something. If Shaman is Primal Fury, then what I’m asking for would be more of an intricate, smooth combat style. Words are hard. But I think there could be lots of room to differentiate by people much smarter than me!

Solvable by removing xmog restrictions.

1 Like

You had me until you said shaman was dumb. No spellblades!

I’ll take it back if I get swordmage in a dress!

Mages can use one handed swords. It’s just that there’s almost none that are any good for us.

And you can. Thanks to the magic of transmog. Well, unless you’re packing a staff.

That just sounds like an enhancement shaman with swords and fire instead of lightning.