I want Spellblades

Mages have no melee interactions, and it’s a very bad idea to be in melee unless your goal is to die.

I did say I’d be up for 4th mage spec Spellsword.

An eldritch knight?

I mean there’s like 15 different names for the same concept, pick your favorite, I’m in no matter what it’s called

Yeah, but so much of wow class lore is based on dnd, I just thought I’d point it out.

I think that’s a great idea, personally. And I wouldn’t mind branching off from the established tolkienesque roots, either. Something like a ninja or samurai, for example.

So… Enhancement Shaman?

So… you want Spellbreakers from Quel’thalas?

For clarification the Spellbreakers of Blood Elven origin are the WoW equivalent of D&D spellblades, combining magical mastery with swordsmanship. Theoretically possible, they could either be a 4th spec for Warriors since they already have spell reflect or maybe Mages.

I already established that Shaman are DUMB. And kind of just not really what I want.

Shaman are primal, elemental fury. Spellblade is precise. SHAMAN SMASH-- Spellblade cut. I want melee mage, but I want it as both a DPS and tank spec.

Sure! We can call it whatever makes everyone happy, I care much more about the fantasy than the name, and I’m not really invested in whatever lore backing could make it happen. As long as it happens :angry: