I want new races

Which are not lazy knockoffs of old races, I want races from Shadowlands covenants to be playable, vampires, maldraxxi.
Do you really think I’m going to do all these achievements for just a Tauren with deer horns?

9 Likes

I don’t think the SL races can actually leave the shadowlands other than brief jumps by kyrian to ferry souls

15 Likes

Eeeeew, no
I want playable Azerothian races like Ogres, Mok’nathal and Sethrak

26 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s healthy right now with all the changes going on. Could be another rush job in my opinion.

1 Like

So, you don’t want fancy Tauren because they’re boring but blue humans, dead humans, and emo humans are much more original?

11 Likes

Next expansion will have either a new race, class, or both.

We tried an expansion without either, and the “replacement” feature was this lazy, halfhearted “customization” push which comes nowhere near the impact or scope of either notion. A few new skintones and hair styles can’t compare to new skeletons, animations, textures, architecture, lore, characters, zones, plot, and everything else a new race would entail.

So yeah, either a new race, class, or both. What it is, we’ll have to see, but its clear without either an expansion just falls short.

3 Likes

The Brokers can leave all they want. They even send you to Argus in a quest.

Did one follow you to Argus? Cause sending somebody else doesn’t mean you can go yourself. Kinda implies they couldn’t get there on their own

1 Like

Sub-races were a popular request over the years. Allied races was the answer to that. And because they were based off existing ones is the entire reason they could be mass produced in one expansion.

SL races will or should never be playable. There is no reason why they would abandon their sacred duties to pal around in a world/reality they don’t belong in.

10 Likes

It’s this quest.

You do find Brokers there.

3 Likes

They need to add another twink race like blood/void elves and not something ugly and swole like most of the races in the game

Seriously?

1 Like

Leaving Shadowlands for other realms to keep threats at bay is not abandoning their duty if they are called to do so. They already protect the Shadowlands, they can continue doing so elsewhere as well. Some of their problems came from the living realm. They have every reason to try and keep those problems from repeating. The living doesn’t belong there either, yet there we are.

1 Like

Maldraxxus disproves this. They can apparently leave any time they want, and have done so in order to take the fight to the Burning Legion. It’s why they have a demon gladiator you can kill in the middle of the map.

4 Likes

San’layn are more likely than anything Shadowlands based. Everything Shadowlands, they’re already dead, I don’t see how they’d get out without needing someone else’s body.

1 Like

I used to joke about it, but now I think tortollan would be cool. Tortollan could be like pandaren and be on both sides.

3 Likes

Right? This game rips off DnD, but where are all the cool races? Give me my Kenku blizz.

3 Likes

The new races are probably the best thing they made in Shadowlands imo.
If the next expansion is a sequel to Shadowlands with even more worlds to explore of vast multiverse then these races make sense. Shadowlands is pretty much like Ravenloft+Planescape in D&D.

Maldraxxi are pretty massive just like Taurens but without flat bellies, that’s why I like them and I don’t expect that half of this forum who are playing elves will ever understand that. I also always wanted to play MMO with vampires, the Ravenloft is my favorite setting in D&D.

1 Like

Lol, allied “races” are nothing more than glorified customization options that could/should have been added to the game years ago and could just as easily been accomplished via the character creation screen and the barber chair.

3 Likes

I personally would love to see a few of the races we’ve already worked with become playable. Not as allied races , but full races.

The Malkura and Gilgoblins (Or Naga), Arakkoa, ogre (though they might be too big.) Sethrak ect.

5 Likes