I want 9.3 Patch

All a new expansion does is introduce some new leveling continents, a raid, a handful of dungeons, and new systems.

I’d honestly rather see Blizz flesh out the current expansion and continue improving it as they’re attempting to do at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong 9.1.5 still has problems as of now, but with Blizz’s perceived change in attitude towards our gameplay, 9.2 & 9.3 have the potential to be amazing.

This is a tough year for WoW and has served as a massive wake up call. I’m willing to wait for a good patch/expansion as opposed to having them rush out a new one with the same problems again.

On a personal note, I really hope that in 9.2 or 9.3 we return to Azeorth, maybe even Northrend. They don’t have to remake an entire continent, but having a cata-type rework of specific zones for Shadowlands story would be so sweet.

4 Likes

They’ll make more $$ with box sales then continue with something they are constantly on the backfoot with. SL was just ultimately a miss, both with the stuff that happened, and the ideas were not well thought out and implemented well.

I honestly don’t see a reason to stick around past 9.2 after the Jailer is defeated. And I sure as hell don’t want to stick around in SL past the 2 year mark.

5 Likes

I originally was hoping we don’t defeat the jailer at the end of this expansion so we could have a background overarching villain again kind of like Sargeras or the old gods, but tbh I hope we straight murder him.

Jailer is such an underwhelming villain, I really hope he doesn’t get the Sylvanas treatment.

I’d love if we take out the Jailer in 9.2 and return to Azeroth for 9.3 to deal with the damage done.

3 Likes

The idea of a 9.3 would be happening late 2022 at any rate, even early 2023. Just no, stop it, lol. Best to end this crap and attack a new expansion. They can’t handle story, so while I agree an overarching enemy would be nice and something WoW needs. They screwed up with the Jailer and had the opposite effect I believe then what they intended.

6 Likes

They tried to have the Thanos effect forgetting Marvel had almost a decade of narrative building up to that character.

Still want a 9.3, even if it’s just a prelude to 10.0.

Maybe 9.3 could be the “rebuild Azeorth” story people are asking for. While that would be cool, it would be boring for an entire expansion. One patch would suffice for that theme.

1 Like

It won’t happen. The way it’s looking atm it seems what was planned with 9.3 will be combined with 9.2. The story already seems like it’s being rushed and it’s doing so to make room for 10.0 quicker.

Idk about you but a 5 year expansion of one of the worst expansions to date is not something blizz will do.

9.2.5 will be the prepatch for 10.0. That’s my prediction

2 Likes

That can very well be 10.0 to have an expansion of more calmer events before they bring in another big baddie.

i’m not in a hurry to pay another $50

1 Like

I know this is a subjective opinion, but I really don’t feel Shadowlands is one of the “worst expansions.” BFA was an absolute disaster for 75% if its duration & WOD had almost every feature gutted.

1 Like

Side-note: We’ve already got an “overarching enemy” introduced in Shadowlands. They’ve established Sire D and his Dreadlords as a threat. The Dreadlords can lurk in the shadows and pose a constant threat to us that can pop up in almost any context as needed. Sure, we’ve defeated him in battle, but he’s not a fighter he’s a lover strategist.

Like, think about this - the Dreadlords were a threat in Warcraft 3, they were a threat in TFT, they were a threat in Vanilla, they were a threat in BC, they were a threat in WOTLK, they were a threat in Legion. Dreadlords are basically our “Eternal Enemy” we’ve battled against for two decades now. And everyone loves to stab a Vampire Demon in the throat at any time. A truly evergreen eternal villain we can love to hate, and now they’re essentially their own faction outside the Legion.

1 Like

Hopefully because with the Jailer, it’s clear they kinda put him into the past to make it seem like he’s this big force. While the dreadlords have always been around and Sire D is actually a cool villain [though they did originally plan to kill him off]. So I have like zero connection made w/ the Jailer to even care if he lives or dies lol, but with the dreadlords, still kinda sprung up on me that they are controlling all these things but the connection was at least made to some extent [from a writing perspective]

I’m not sure but it seems likely they’ll be using him for later so he could be used as an overarching baddie but knowing Blizz, I don’t see 'em going that route for some reason.

So would scrapping this trash and moving on to the next thing.

Get 9.2 shipped and announce the next Xpac.

1 Like

okay then time travel and prevent china from creating covid then prevent the devs from attacking women then prevent blizz from hiring SJWs and yeah there would be a 9.3 out by feb :slight_smile:

1 Like

U right they are subjective wod bfa and shadowlands are all pretty bad expansions so they can be swapped out.

1 Like

WoW has established the Old Gods / Void, the Legion / Demons / Fel, and Scourge / Dreadlords / Death as the three main “villain” pillars that they rotate through. I see Shadowlands acting as a way to make the Scourge pillar more evergreen. We defeated Arthas in Wrath of the Lich King and for a long time that was the end of “Death” as one of the big three, but Shadowlands, separating the Dreadlords from the Legion, allows Blizzard to draw a line backward in time and say “Death has always been an enemy you’ve been facing in the same way you’ve been facing the Legion and the Old Gods for decades”.

The Legion may be broken, the Old Gods may be dead, and the Jailer may fall, but these enemy factions still exist or will still exist in such a way that they can be brought back.

They could get away with it if the patches were good enough, but it’s a big ask. At some point, the patches would need to almost feel like expansions themselves to satisfy people.

I would expect 9.2 to be an Argus-style “mini-expansion” truth be told. I’m expecting three new zones, a new dungeon, a new gameplay system to replace Torghast, a larger raid, etc.

1 Like

Yeah I was kinda hoping for more slime stuff: enchant, armors, the saber cat, weapons, pets etc.

I sort of just want to put SL behind us. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a small 9.3 patch to wrap up the expansion (like how 8.3 tied up the BFA story line) before moving into maintenance mode and working upon the next expansion.

2 Likes

I want a 9.3 patch to undo problems and maybe make this expansion decent at the end.

2 Likes