I waited so long to play Wrath of the Lich King again and I only got to play it for a year

I REALLY don’t want to lose it again, this game means so much to me. I don’t understand why they don’t have plans for era. Cata overhauled the entire game; once it’s gone, it’s gone.

34 Likes

It overhauled the 1-60 zones. And they still exist in Classic Era. TBC and Northrend are basically untouched.

But that’s just the world. Obviously there were big class changes, system changes. But…they did this when TBC went away. Not sure why people think it’ll be different for Wrath. Besides the obvious question: can Blizz monetize it. So expect a cloning fee if Wrath Era is made.

3 Likes

That’s not true, theirs whole questlines missing like the battle for undercity.

That’s fine, let people vote with their wallet and keep their wrath characters.

10 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot we lose one of the buggiest, broken, mind numbing quests in the game.

We’re sad about that?

3 Likes

Hence basically untouched. You lose 1 quest. Maybe a couple. Not really sure. But let’s not exaggerate and say Northrend and Outland are radically different. They’re not. Just the 1-60 zones. And as I said the originals will always exist in Classic Era.

Yes we are, what’s wild to me is this idea that we can’t have both co-exist. Cata and Wrath can both exist at the same time. This shouldn’t be “oh only wrath or only cata”

8 Likes

Yeah in the lackluster vanilla talent system.

This 71-talent system is the one I was waiting for and want to play in…

For good.

3 Likes

I understand this sentiment but what about when we get to BFA classic? Where does it stop? That’s another part of why some players do not want to proceed.

It doesn’t doe, Wrath changed parts of the old world to be solo able, in classic flat out their are zones and quest that you cannot solo no matter what, mind while in Wrath you can.

3 Likes

They can.

They aren’t though.

Your cope about losing “the world” is only true for LK going into Cata. It still exists in classic. Changing your example to a LK specific quest doesn’t really mean much, especially when it’s one of the worst quests you could have picked. I enjoyed doing that quest multiple times for one character because it would just break. I really love the anti-on the rails classic feel, that’s why I’m so sad about the broken on the rails quest being removed :cry:

Like, if you love the 1-60 world so much, then why are you not playing 1-60 classic?

Dedicated wotlk would be dead in 2 months…

It just isn’t worth maintaining

1 Like

“Stop bullying the billion dollar company”

That’s you. That’s what you sound like.

7 Likes

They are a business after all thanks for pointing that out.

The servers would be dead, just like the classic servers they kept around are.

Apathy to me it seems your just trolling at this point to get a reaction from folks based on your post history, your just being contrarian and trying to mislead the conversation. If you want to waste your time doing that go ahead but don’t minimize or depreciate the views those have with preserving a Wrath Era Server.

Also your mention of “ Like, if you love the 1-60 world so much, then why are you not playing 1-60 classic.” Is fundamentally wrong, I never said that once and it just seems like your trying to paint some false narrative. For me it’s the gameplay, narrative and how the old world experiences is completely different from wrath and Vanilla

Cata introduced homogenization of classes

Example;

“Blood DK DPS Gone”
“Frost Tanking Gone”
“Unholy Tanking Gone”
“Dual Wield Shaman DPS Gone”

This was back then one of the single biggest reason Cata got a lot of hate, you could only spec into one full tree and not into 2, losing the ability to create hybrid/meme specs which currently in wrath you still can.

The Old World is also different in wrath and Vanilla; in vanilla their are zones and quest which you can not do alone no matter what, MEANWHILE in Wrath you can, wrath was built to be more solo player focus if you wanted but the power creep hadn’t reach the point were you character is godlike either. it was a happy medium, classic is completely group focused. You were able to fully experience the old world solo unlike classic, and that’s beside all the chances wrath did to the old world with certain quest.

lore wise too it’s also important The timeline progresses through each successive expansion, moving from Classic, to TBC, to Wrath, to Cata, etc. As it currently stands, it is possible to play through each of the expansions in the intended order on a Wrath Era server, meanwhile the minute cata comes out that’s completely gone.

2 Likes

I expect the cloning service to cost a lot more this time around. Blizzard will have to bump up the price because they know players will just quit all-together after a month as soon as they realize 100 people does not make for a satisfying MMO experience.

Yeah just like Classic yet look at how it “died” and now look at the amount of people playing with each new season and hardcore.

4 Likes

Yes they’re playing hardcore… That wouldn’t be a wrath server.

When does it stop? When it stops being profitable.

What, do you think Blizz is doing this for the players? :laughing:

Again how do you know ?

1 Like

No, I understand that. I just meant as far as the premise of Classic and the discussion you were having about the preservation of TBC/Northrend zones and their relevance in the space. At a certain point in progression they lose quite a bit of relevance and Chromie timing through them for 6 hours doesn’t scratch the same itch for classic players otherwise this wouldn’t be an iteration of the game, no?

I’m just trying to point out that as far as the discussion of Classic WoW goes, we’re not really just talking about cata. Cata is very similar to Wrath but the expansions the release of cata classic implies will be released in the coming future of the classic space are not. Everyone keeps comparing the current iteration of Classic to only Cataclysm Classic in these discussions when part of the sentiment of players who want to stop here is that this is becoming a slippery slope that some people didn’t intend to sign up for.

1 Like