I treated BFA to harshly

“I liked the city I regularly had to kill myself and break all my gear to navigate in because it was so poorly designed”

1 Like

Nah jumping off it with goblin gliders was fun and when i got my Zandalari racial.

City was great

2 Likes

“City was great as long as you played a specific race or supplemented it’s poor design with the auction house”

1 Like

I didn’t have flying. If I had flying or the patience to get down the normal way I would have. Me being an absolute gremlin doesn’t mean that it was poorly designed. It just means that I have the mind of a gremlin and will do gremlin things for my own amusement.

And you’re missing the “I had fun doing it.” If you’re going to quote me, then quote me in full or shut up.

5 Likes

I was leveling an alt through BFA yesterday, and found I liked it more than I remembered. The main thing was to AVOID starting the whole Heart of Azeroth mess, and just knock out quests I enjoyed, instead. I ended up getting my alt to 60 without leaving Zandalar, so my troll got to hang out with all the other trolls for awhile, then head into DF.

And I, too, liked Zuldazar, even back when BFA was current. It actually felt big enough to BE a city, it felt populated and alive enough that you could pretend people were living their lives there, it had a great aesthetic, and as long as you picked the pterodactyl loa it was easy to get around even without flight.

Now if you picked the raptor, on the other hand, you only have yourself to blame…

4 Likes

BFA definitely had its weak moments but overall it was a good expansion, like said above if they had added azerite vendors or made it so you could control what traits you got that would’ve reduced a lot of the issues.

3 Likes

That’s the point.

No one had flying

But no other city was it quicker to regularly kill yourself to navigate.

You had fun killing yourself and breaking your gear.

Congrats.

That doesn’t make it a well designed city because you were occasionally on an alt.

1 Like

Damn. What did TBC do?

1 Like

Dude those things were cheap and if you wanted to you could still jump off and not die just riding on your mount

1 Like

This was actually my main hunter at the time. I switch mains periodically.

2 Likes

Say what you want about BfA, between new races and just in general, my number of alts likely doubled. Which is to say, by a lot.

Didn’t make near as many new characters in shadowlands, and actually stopped playing horde altogether, cutting off about half of what I had going in.

This expansion just hasn’t rubbed me the right way. Catchup gear is everywhere and frankly it’s the only reason I’m even subbed, but 2-3 activities that you can bang out 99% of the rewards you want over a two day period isn’t going to make me keep playing indefinitely. I still don’t have a reason to really log in daily, and I have a hard time justifying a sub if I’m only going to play a couple hours a week. I can play steam for a couple hours a week and pay no sub, etc.

I was unsubbed for the beginning of bfa, but stuck around for the end. I’ve noticed most expansion cycles I get more interested as catchup and overall power increases ie the apex or end of the expansion approaches.

So I may try again once 10.2 hits, but I’m going to take the next few weeks as “wait and see.”

3 Likes

Don’t mind him, he made up his mind on this years ago.

Which makes it really, really fitting he’s got the Blood Troll mog on. They hated Zuldazar too!

2 Likes

A well designed city should not have to be supplemented by a profession or a specific race for basic navigation to key points of interest.

You enjoyed it. That’s great. But that by no way means more time was spent focusing on Horde design for BFA when clearly having a functional city hub was not a priority.

You can enjoy badly designed things that were neglected. I play resto shaman for example.

1 Like

Zuldazar felt like a city, if you just want a room with everything that’s not a city

2 Likes

That’s not what I said at all.

I said it was ill designed for practical use.

1 Like

BfA was doomed from the start, but improved significantly with the Nazjatar/Mechagon patch imo–and then the rest of the expansion.

I remember the feeling of less leveling zones and the shock of minimal endgame story content at the start. Right after Legion, where we went to Suramar—there was no endgame zone!

Azerite gear sucked, but the powers connected to the pieces were fun—if they were just talents, or something other than our main gear slots at the time.

I did not mind the infinite AP grind, since it was mostly passive for me–with additional goals when I am nearing the end of each bar. Ngl, I am happy to no longer see that bar at the bottom regardless. I am all for a continued need to progress–but there are better ways to present it, imo—more immersive.

2 Likes

Unpopular Opinion: WoD is the only bad expansion.

-start of gated flight
-cut content
-selfie patch
-garrison playpen
-phone game mission table
-apexis crystals
-shipyard table
-ashran

BFA was actually a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Sure, if you enjoy constantly being told you’re on the bad side that does bad things and you should feel bad about that.

See previous comment.

1 Like

I’m only going to say this once: you didn’t HAVE to kill yourself, or play a certain race, or buy a certain item, to get around Zuldazar. You could walk. YOU didn’t, because you CHOSE not to, and that worked for you. But no one put a gun to your head and said you had to use a goblin glider or you were never going to leave that spot.

Anyway, it’s ancient abandoned content now. You win, Zuldazar will never be relevant again, and you never have to set one big blue toe in it for the rest of WoW’s life. Congrats!

3 Likes

Plenty of crimes

Introduced flying
Started the new island +10 level trend that hurt Azeroth
Terrible story, made the blood elves into light praising diet humans from the fel sucking vampire elves they were given to us as

2 Likes