I treated BFA to harshly

You can go play it now

Clearly people didn’t care… the Horde is like 75% the population and the alliance is 25%

1 Like

I mean coming from a rp server when it gets brought up by people all the time, I can understand. But I like to seperate ooc stuff from ic stuff.

1 Like

This rehtoric is just echo chamber on moon guard, on wyrmrest Accord no one cared Sylvanas burned Teldrassil, go look at all the Sylvanas loyalists requests post, the people are on Horde servers on Horde characters

I still don’t care about Teldrassil, the night elves had half the continent and was being greedy with resources despite them having an abundant amount.

Good riddance

Yeah I remember rping on WRA on alliance and I don’t think it was mentioned as often as it is on MG.

I will say that the “oh go back to your tree oh wait hurr hurr” jokes do get old and pathetic. At this point even though I rp a night elf usually, I don’t care about it much either. It was never her home.

Yeah, no interest. The leveling is still the same as when I joined in BC.

I am talking about IC stuff. See this thread for a full list of examples, but here are some samples:

And the big one:

1 Like

The lore didn’t even make sense… how is 90% of the night elf population living on this tree when for thousands of years they’ve lived in the whole of Kalimdor and the tree has only existed for 8 years.

3 Likes

Not to mention their Feathermoon base, which is pretty big in the game, so I would imagine there’d be a lot of NE there. There’s also Moonglade and the Broken Isles and other settlements in Felwood and…that area below Felwood whose name I’m forgetting…

Oh, and Mt Hyjal.

3 Likes

Boralus is way better than Dazaralor

2 Likes

I’ve said it time and time again. The ONLY reason BFA got as much hate as it did was because people WHINED after the weapons were depowered to that sword that never did nothing. Plus, per usual Blizzard stripped away our powers but then tried to drip feed them back to us in Azerite gear. If you take those problems away from BFA, and it had the talent system we are enjoying now in DF, BFA would never have had the massive amount of outrage people “claim” to have for it.

Yes the power strip absolutely sucked and was the worst thing to ever happen to the expansion, but it didn’t make the expansion the worst expansion ever by any means.

1 Like

Not to mention that the tree wasn’t blessed fully and was later corrupted. And with Legion there’s the introduction of Val’sharah with each territory (Ashenvale, Darkshore, Feathermoon, Val’sharah, Hyjal, etc) should all have a healthy population where not everyone was and should have been in Teldrassil.

Like most should likely be at Nordrassil or in villages surrounding Nordrassil makes a lot more sense to me. Not to mention that during the Long Vigil, the Kaldorei have always been largely been nomadic. They move frequently place to place.

It also infuriates me when there’s the Darnassian refugees in Stormwind and everyone on Moon Guard always mentions them. Like…they wouldn’t stay a year let alone five or six years in one place. I was happy that Shadows Rising mentions that most left as they should have. Like it just infuriates me that people are like “well now they live in Stormwind.” Like…no.

Sorry I went on a rant.

2 Likes

Exactly it made sense when the blood elves got sacked that the majority of them died.

They all lived in that corner of land for thousands of years.

The night elves have controlled the entire northern and western Kalimdor for thousands of years, on top of locations like the broken isles… them all moving( or existing) to a tree created 8 years ago made zerob sense

3 Likes

Feralas. And Ashenvale yeah.

2 Likes

I loved basically everything about the alliance side of bfa.
Kul tiras, boralus, the drust, the story. All of it fantastic.

Not a fan of the horde side though.
Aztec and dinos were never for me thematically.

Im so glad void elves came out or i would have been horde for bfa and would have liked the expansion less for it i think.

3 Likes

Yeah and then after the night elf heritage quest im convinced the devs just refuse to learn anything about night elves or their playerbase

1 Like

Don’t get me even started on the Night Elf heritage quest. That was such a cluster that I don’t know where to begin and at this point I don’t even acknowledge it. After I’m done with college stuff I’m going to do a re-write on how I think it should have gone for my characters.

2 Likes

Bfa more than any other expansion requires a context rating:

Launch bfa-hot garbage
Essences bfa- ok finally we’re having fun
Corruptions bfa- A tier expansion

1 Like

I bailed on BFA initially, cancelling until they put pathfinder and flying into the zones, but then I stuck around until the end.

2 Likes

I think we all judged BFA too harshly. I wish we can undo SL’s and DF and go back to BFA. WoW needs a reboot.

2 Likes

Other than various problems with azerite, and 8.3. BfA was pretty good and 8.2 was probably the best patch they’ve made, once you could fly. Nazjatar was pretty annoying on the ground.

Overall dungeons and raid were excellent. For the most part I only run FH and underrot this season, and underrot was one of my least favorites at the time.

1 Like