I think there should be a group size slider for all content

I will sit outside rexxar for over a minute waiting for it to come off cd before engaging.

That is a benefit, actually, to solo content.

Group content shouldn’t exactly feel forced, it should be natural to want to bond together with buddies and share stories.

Then a piggy dies from cleave and it’s easier to bypass some mechanics. Not all, mind you, like the Void Sha’s.

I disagree. The Risk vs Reward system has defined mmorpgs, and it shouldnt go away.

If I wanted to play a game where your progression was based off of single player content, I’d play a single player game.

I am not against the occasional piece of single player content letting you progress in some ways. Visions, Torghast. But it should never be a major feature of a MMORPG.

Events that require more people should always give better rewards.

3 Likes

The problem with that is LFR N’Zoth.

N/H/M N’zoth is easier to organize for and kill than LFR, from what I’ve seen. Those are harder content that require more people, but LFR feels unrewarding in terms of Risk Vs. Reward, even if just on the quest.

But time will tell, either the occasional expansion feature or this idea or a mixture of the two, but we’ll see when it happens.

LFR Nzoth is harder because you have a group of people that dont want to work together.

I feel thats irrelevant to this discussion. Clearly LFR NZoth is easier than N/H Nzoth. But the people doing N/H Nzoth are more willing to work together.

Thats user error.

3 Likes

Yep, User Error is a factor in the Risk.

But its not a design factor.

Objectively, LFR Nzoth is easier than N Nzoth.

For the sake of argument, if we see possible user error as a form of risk in the risk/reward system that supports my point.

Larger scale content should have better rewards. There are more users participating, therefor more chance of more user error. So more risk.

3 Likes

Interesting idea, Blizzard did experiment with AI “player” enemies on expeditions, could do the same thing with a raid environment.

Queue by yourself for your preferred role, learn with the AI doing mechanics perfectly instead of working with people who don’t understand basic instructions or even care.

This system could prepare players for Normal-Heroic progression with a guild much better than the current LFR which should be deleted immediately.

2 Likes

They also did that with Comp Stomp, the Brawl.

Yeah it’s good stuff, really good.

I think a lot of players confuse LFR with endgame, they think they “played” the game to it’s extent by doing LFR.

LFR is more of a stepping stone, but it’s so jacked up that it’s actually easier and more casual friendly for someone to jump into a Heroic guild run on Discord than try to work with LFR people.

Speaking of Nyalotha, a guild run clears whole handfuls of bosses on Heroic faster than LFR can get stacks of Determination.

Which is ironic, because Determination would really mean moving beyond LFR, not living in it.

2 Likes

The people not doing things the right way will still be the problem. It’s not like the LFR fights are actually harder, they’re mechanically much easier. It a people problem. At least with the current setup, LFR soaks the damage from the AFK /DGAF crowd and makes normal pugs relatively safe.

1 Like

yeah, solo scenario would stop the do-nothings from being carried by other people actually doing mechanics or overgearing the content

1 Like

And that’s where you’re wrong. You stack the meme class and you win.

Good luck in Torghasts with the stupid torment garbage.

1 Like

I can imagine a scenario where someone could probably walk alongside the raid AI doing nothing, but imo if we went this route then the player dying should wipe the AI too.

2 Likes

I think they do that in the FF7 Remake when Cloud dies.

Another example is when Sora in Kingdom Hearts dies.

Yes, exactly.

Let’s face the that it would be too hard for Blizzard to tune Mythic raiding for less then 20 people. They would lose the ability to add some special class specific mechanics.

I think that this would be lovely! Me and my 11 WoW friends could finally do everything together and that sounds like a lot of fun.

They kinda did before SOO, though, from TOC-TOT, as 10 man was a thing.

Also bear in mind Torghast is to be made for a flexible amount of people.

The “special class specific mechanics” mandated Priests in BRF Mythic Blast Furnace, to the point soloers needed them in Legion/BFA. I’m glad they don’t do that anymore.