I think most would agree Dragonriding was a success, but possible improvements?

I’d agree with that.

this isn’t whiney and melodramatic enough. do better

Great point. I’m not the biggest fan of DR because it stinks for farting around and seeing the sights, but it’s great for getting from A to B fast. Old flying should have unlocked in 10.1 for Dragonland and hopefully they get DR for everywhere else up and running fast.

1 Like

The plan is that they carry forward but you know BlizZard and their rug pulls…

Look at how they treat TBC flying while they still sell flying mounts in the store…

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

I don’t mean to steal this cool idea I saw on another dragonriding forum, so if this was yours feel free to take credit lol, but someone said the drakes should be able to cling with their claws to cavern walls/cliffs as a compromise to the “no hover” issue. Not only do i think it would look cool to see a slitherdrake clinging upside down from a cliff, but it would make sense for cavern creatures to have this ability… something for those that enjoy dr-ing, not as powerful as static flight “hover anywhere” but still giving dr people the ability to afk when real life calls.

And of corse static and dragon flight should always be given with equal effort at the same time, everyone deserves to play in the way they like, the option should be open from the start.

1 Like

Was it though? DF has lower population and lower participation than both BfA or SL. And that’s saying something. Why you think the unofficial tag line of DF is “The greatest expac nobody is playing”.

1 Like

I would like to see a faster baseline regeneration if you dismount and participate in any non DR activity.

Mining, herbing, killing mobs, etc. Then you pop back on and automatically at 3 vigor or something like when starting a DR Race WQ. You dismount with a 30s buff. If you do basically ~anything~ it consumes the buff and gives you 3 or so vigor upon remount.

Dragonriding is not the entire expansion. Its a very small part of it.

BlizZard is scared that players will play how they want.

But doe that help with sub numbers by controlling how players play? Probably not.

As I said, I fully recognize not every single player loves Dragonriding, but it absolutely seems like the majority do.

I fully support them having access to both types of flying, which apparently have been referred to others as “Static” and “Dynamic” flying.

I just personally think having the extra list of abilities is kind of unnecessary. I think removing them, and just improving the core Dragonriding/Dynamic flying mechanics (mainly having a minimum-speed) would make it a lot more approachable, and I’m not overly keen on messing with the Vigor orbs. It feels like you have to “unlock” being able to enjoy Dragonriding, so it just feels maybe a bit over-designed, imo.

Just my perspective, of course.

yes dragonriding was a complete success… so from now on, timegate dragonriding behind a 18 month pathfinder achieve and give us regular flying on day one of expansion release.

I dunno, Soar as i see it, is basic dragon riding before you get any vigor bubbles. The main difference is that with Soar there is no way to recharge your abilities. if the Soar abilities were on a cooldown timer it would be much closer to Dragon flight even without the vigor charges. If you were skilled enough to keep airborne while your cooldowns reset you should be rewarded with the ability to Soar more

Imagine when BlizZard does this eventual rug pull and then people realize what a mistake they made by attacking those that like TBC flying.

I agree. Dragon riding sucks.

Correct. There was also possibly a large amount of turnover from said expansions partway through, which would negatively impact DF’s sales.