I think most would agree Dragonriding was a success, but possible improvements?

It’s still free.

Who said Druids wouldn’t have to do the same?

Are you just making up stuff to be mad about?

Are you angry that druids didn’t have to purchase flying back in the day, too?

1 Like

I accept the fact you knew nothing about GW2s flight as concession that you have no argument at all. Faster, is not better.

Yeah, it was a clear troll title, have fun with it like I am.

Sorry dude, but this is what counts. Lore and canon at this point is utterly irrelevant. Atleast with DR, our dragons ‘come’ to us as we mount them. EVERY other mount just poofs into existence. So the whole trying to “reason” your way out of DR is silly.

If they changed normal flight to 830 speed, sure, that’s good too. DR had to be fast as hell because the DF zones are much larger than the other zones in game.

I’m looking forward to DR in all future content.

Also wow, you’re so passionate about hating dragons lol. Wild.

1 Like

Time is money friend. And…done. lol

2 Likes

Dragonriding is the most rock-solid win this expansion achieved. Just a great feature for a lot of reasons.

As for adding it to druids… Nah. Flight form is nice, has its own benefits, and should probably just stay with the static flying mode. I can already hear the complaints about flight form having to use energy to “dragon fly”. Make them stop!

And again, I’ll ask, what makes you think they wouldn’t have unlocked it the same way?

Nothing of your bad argument makes sense.

1 Like

To whom? One persons likes is another persons dislikes. They could have increased the speed of the existing flying mounts and it would be 100% better and you reminding me that lore and canon no longer matter is just more proof why this expansion along with the 2 before it are drops in quality and thus…not better.

So, this whole trying to “reason” your want into DR is just…silly.

4 Likes

I think soar should be like dragon riding. The rest not so much.

Dragon riding would need to have a stationary hover button for me to even consider it next to old flying.

And I have all the glyphs but it’s just tiresome. Yes, it’s faster, but it’s an attention hog. I prefer to just hit my run key in the air and afk until I’m near where I’m going. I also like to stop and hover when I see a node or answer the door or phone. Or let the dogs out. Moving shouldn’t require me to be riveted to my mouse.

I’m not going to do pathfinder because I only did it in SL when it was kind of unavoidable. My allergy to rep activities means I’ll spend more time mad at pathfinder than I will mad at dragonriding.

Old flight is still superior and it better not go away. If they just “switched it over” I think it might be a dealbreaker for me. Sure, this expansion, big whatever. I’d rather not deal with it after next year though.

4 Likes

Opinion aside, the datamined information shows a toggle between the two, indicating static flying isn’t going anywhere. I doubt they’d get rid of it anyway, due to accessibility reasons.

3 Likes

Exactly. So maybe don’t try to take away something that many of us DO in fact like.

I never said to get rid of normal flight. Unless… were you suggesting that you hope the dragon characters die, but DR remains for those who like it? I took your whole “i hope the dragons die off!” as a “I hope DR also dies with them!” kind of thing.

The solution is very simple: keep standard 310 flight and keep 830 DR.

Even if they did that, people like you would find some reason to whine anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, I like meandering through beautiful zones as much as the next guy for the sake of immersion and appreciating the artistry of WoW.

But when I need to get from A to B, I’d rather do it quickly.

Sorry, I didn’t realize that mere knowledge of a similar system in a different game is somehow reinforcement for an argument that said system “sucks” in this one.

but sure, whatever you say lol

1 Like

No, I will give my opinion which is based on experience. Me saying that old flying is clearly better and the way this one was implemented makes Dragons a joke does not mean you CANT like it. lol…seriously.

And yes, I said I hope dragons die because clearly they are too weak to live due to how they cant fly better than a carpet can, just faster. This does mean that dragon flying should also die because it was a stupid idea to make it a world flying system instead of a flying game competition or something where those skills and limitations are only used to add that new type of limited gameply, much like we have seen in many other previous expansions where we get on a flier and have to do some stupid task for a quest or in an instance. think Nexus in Wrath. You get on a DRAGON OMG WE HAD DRAGONS WE COULD FLY ON BACK THEN! Had a fireball skill, shield skill, heal skill.

But outside, in the real world a dragon should be able to fly better than a damn carpet can and not just faster. Faster, is not better and MANY clearly agree, im not the only person in this thread saying it and there have been MANY large threads with many players saying the same since this xpac released.

At least my complain comes with the fact it makes dragons look weak and not just “its poopy”, which it is. Guild Wars 2 had its flying this way to protect the games core design of being truly 3 dimensional, with vertical zone design, jumping puzzles, hiding paths to get higher and such. This game has nothing to protect and flying should have no limits in the outside zones.

Sure is a good thing that ive said a lot more than that then…troll.

3 Likes

You are not most and can only speak for yourself.

1 Like

Both BfA and Shadowlands broke first day sales records.

or when you have all the glyphs, regular flying is enabled at dragon riding speed…

Here’s my wishlist for Dragonriding:

1. Let me use DR everywhere
  2. Let Cloud serpents dragonride

End of list.

I keep hearing how DF is a success and I am not seeing it.

DF is so quiet and barren. In game, forums, youtube channels, etc.

IF DR is the expansion feature it sure is very polarizing given that BlizZard is holding TBC flying hostage again but this time attaching poison pills to have access to what we have had since TBC.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

5 Likes

Give gathering an herb/mineral node automatically give 2 vigor so that gathering isn’t such a pain if they don’t implement a hover toggle

I would say add flaps. Dragons fly more like real airplanes while regular flying is more like real helicopters. On real airplanes the way you slow down to land is by lowering the flaps. It increase the camber of the wing providing more lift and more drag which means flying at lower speeds without stalling.

What I do instead, to make a soft landing, is to fly to the point I want to land at high speed, turn straight up, then while pointed straight up fly slowly down to the ground. Or course if I’m in a hurry I just point to the ground and crash.

Dragonflying is okay. Sometimes its useufl. Sometimes its not.
( Patsy- It’s only a model)

2 Likes