I think it's the developers that are burned out

Not really what I just said is very true, at least it is for me, however the game has been garbage since WOD so I expect Shadowland to be a big disappointment like what WOD and BFA was, but I’m pretty sure the artwork of the zones will be fine.

Its funny though every expansion who did a stat squish was bad.

WOD > Bad
BFA > Bad
Shadowland > Bad?

1 Like

Nobody wants borrowed power, I mean i don’t know how many ways to sunday it can be said, and Ion refuses to listen to the playerbase.

6 Likes

Even that could be done a degree better than what we are getting… 0 events leading up to the new raid?

Wait what there is none? Even Vanilla had event leading up to raids. lol

I’m pretty sure there was some sort of introduction for most raids from Classic up to MOP, I believe even WOD have them.

1 Like

Mind listing/naming those elements?

It isn’t? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If your bored, your not incorrect. Your not really correct either, it’s just a subjective feeling. And Breayanna is offering an advice to try something else if your bored.

1 Like

I would love to see them move some devs around.

1 Like

actually just found out there’s 1 weapon model for the entire raid and PVP share the same copy paste model.

Yeah i change my mind, they are definitely burnt out.

9 Likes

Everything in this expansion feels low budget.

9 Likes

Stop acting like its that simple. The devs have no creativity and there is deffo something off about this expac to where its not pulling in players like previous expacs did.

13 Likes

I played in Vanilla and every expansions except MoP. I find SL to be very fun and enjoyable.

2 Likes

The mission table, the flappy bird WQ, the entire renown system was ripped right out of a FPS battle pass. The extreme time gating is a copy pasta from mobile gaming. Torghast is terrible version of a roguelike. The mandatory campaign is a copy pasta from FF14. I could go on, there is more.

7 Likes

Honestly, I prefer Blizzard to make maps easier to navigate and maybe a bit more empty.

Tanaris, Uldum, Nagrand (TBC) are among my favorite maps.

Why do I say this?
I’d rather they pay more attention to dungeons or make more dungeons.

Make fewer pets, fewer mounts, and fewer silly achievements, and put more effort into different classes.

Blizzard can make the best pet and the best mount in the game, but if your class, your link to the world, doesn’t work then no mount or pet is going to do any good.

I think the problem is that Blizzard wants to give a little of everything to all the different types of players and that is the problem.

Before, the mounts, at least the “special” ones, were the result of an effort of weeks or months. But the mounts weren’t the target, they were just a bonus.

Now Blizzard comes up with any excuse to try to add mounts or pets and they can’t meet the dungeon quota or keep classes unique and different.

1 Like

these devs are not allowed to do what they want. they have to follow stats that have proven to make money.

5 Likes

It is that simple. Some people like the expansion, some people don’t. If you don’t, then stop playing, and come back later when you’re interested again. It literally could not be simpler

I took a 2.5 year break from wow just bought the expansion and re-subbed for 6 months and Im having a blast. I definitely echo others who say take a break. As long as you need… not just a few months!

Does anybody want to inform the OP about The Exodus?

6 paragraphs of criticism but there isn’t a single thing in there that I can actually look at and ask whether or not I agree with the criticism. You don’t like SL but you have no idea why. That’s fine, might just be time for a break.

Tommy Wisesu’s voice Go on.

Funny thing for me is, I don’t agree with any of you :slight_smile:

I am finding SL fun but only in Ardenweald due to some RL holding me up.

My favorite world quests in BFA were the key lines and destroy the runes quests in Naj, they were fun side quests that just made things different.

I am not burned out, but I DO think the current devs have a completely different way of looking at the game than I have since it launched. Sure I wash they stopped seeing it as “just a video game” and stopped making everything like a console game would be, but its not gonna happen.

To me the telling part was Metzen new company not being a video game company and just a tabletop RPG thing. To me, his loss is what’s missing the most from the game today.

1 Like

If you think WoD was passionate and unique and think Shadowlands isn’t we need to have a fight.