I tested out the HOJ triple swing bug

well played sir, well played!

Did we have multiple threads about the same topics in Vanilla? Maybe we could check with a dev and have them label it as creative use of forum mechanics.

1 Like

No. Just report the spam and move on

2 Likes

Even if spell batching did account for why the timers are the same, that still would make no sense. The spell batching is i believe on a 400ms timer, if that is the case what melee 2h weapon are these guys using that allow an auto/hoj proc and then another auto in the same batch. Say you squeezed an auto/hoj at even the very possible beginning of the batch, perfectly timed, you’d still need something under a .4 atk speed to get another auto in there.

The other explanation is either hoj is resetting the swing timer to it’s ready state allowing it to fire off another immediate swing or we’re getting some sort of server lag. However, if the cause is some sort of server lag we should be seeing this occur on just regular auto attacks as well with no HoJ proc.

1 Like

i actually replied here

1 Like

As did i /morechars

the problem I had with you originally, is that you conflated two completely separate issues and called gaining Reckoning charges via use of spell batch mechanics an exploit

I retorted back to you and said that both Reck charges and Seal Twisting because of spell batching was never considered an exploit by Blizzard whatsoever - if they had, then quite literally every single Blood Elf Paladin during TBC would have been permanently banned for Seal Twisting…

2 Likes

yes i saw that - I’m merely replying to each thread as I go

Its caused by jamming:
/stopattack
/startattack
in between the proc and the instant swing.

I don’t think you understand what a triple hit is. Let me explain to you.
Warrior has 2 sword, which swing at a different time, trinket gives a double attack.

So because of spell batching that does a triple hit. The delay between attacks is necessary.

Saying something like oh but it’s only 6 attacks all at once instead of 3 second later… no biggie
Paints you as a low IQ person

1 Like

Because combined on a paladin only
/sit ‘exploit’ when i attack you
you have now a 100% chance to be crit
causing 1 instant attack - you then
/stopattack
/startattack
and cause that 1 extra attack to become 2 instant attacks.

So for every single time i attack you in melee, you have a 100% chance to cast 2 instant attacks back at me.

Now the hoj issue ontop

You cast 2 instant attacks towards me from exploiting the /sit and stop/start
hoj procs another instant attack - because of the stop/start ‘exploit’
you gain 2 additional attacks.

So for every melee attack i make towards you, you cast now 4 instant attacks back at me - by spamming 2 macros.

What makes it even worse is in the event any of those 4 instant attacks proccing hoj again - because it can proc from itself.

Hoj trinket does not give adouble attack of anything. It makes your auto attack swing ZERO, meaning the attack you are doing becomes instant. It is then supposed to start your swing again.

lolwut?!?!?

So what he’s saying is by using a bunch of macro. Every time someone attacks him two times, he’s 100% going to attack the person twice.

Not sure what’s the problem

2 Likes

no he’s saying that a Reck Paladin would attack him THREE times instantly - which is INCORRECT

Every single attack the paladin recieves will result in 2 instant attacks at whoever they are targeting, instead of 1.

Gotta love that logic. “I don’t like this single aspect of the game. I think I’ll just quit the game.”

that is literally working as intended - what you wrote earlier stated that the Paladin would attack THREE times instead of one

Ah

How is this intended if the instant attack makes the swing you are currently swinging zero, and then resets your swing timer. The next attack you make should be your swing speed later - not instantly.

Reck gives 1 instant attack - ther same as hoj. Exploiting a macro allows it to giver 2 instant attacks - the same as hoj. And this is made a 100% chance - unlike the 2% chance on hoj - because of abusing a /sit macro to get a 100% chance to recieve a crit.