I take your pettiness and raise you 1, Blizzard

Why are you comparing?

by doing so you’re saying that their voice is less important than someone else’s. again, a statistical viewpoint and not technically incorrect.

but people aren’t just a stat. and they have the right to voice that they’re unhappy by the choice.

This is one of those times where it doesn’t hurt to listen to the anecdotal evidence.

You’re the one comparing. You said there was a large group complaining about this. Large is a relative term. Large in relation to what? Large in comparison to what?

Are you saying that the group complaining is larger than the group that isn’t?

I agree the change is stupid.
If you want to pay monthly just sub, then cancel when you don’t want to play anymore. Ezpz It’s not going to matter for people that play continuously.

In every business, the customer always has the right and the responsibility to contact them with their concerns. The customer is the reason the business stays afloat.

Are you saying that the customers should NOT share their concerns with the company?

Thats the thing, people have been brainwashed into thinking that they are supposed to blindly support a business because they once purchased something from them and if they got scammed to write it off while saying “well they got me, they are a business, they gotta make money somehow!”. Its weird.

1 Like

Can someone actually post this “change”? When did it go through and for what region?

I checked the shop and I don’t see anything different.

Its in all regions under game time. it only gives the 60 day option now. Sub and token remain unchanged.

So much fuss over something that really isn’t going to affect most people in a meaningful way. This change has combatting botting written all over it. This is not a target at the average player as a money grubbing scheme so long as the subscription service still exists - spoiler alert, it’s still there. If you as an individual cannot fathom managing a subscription when you do/don’t want a service, that’s a you problem.

1 Like

You are silly if you dont think that they will change how canceling subscriptions will work in the future. Not to mention that there are plenty of people who charge the game 1 month in advance. To commit to a longer sub period is risky especially nowadays when the game has taken a turn for the worse. Imagine paying for a 6 month sub and having a content drought for most of that time. Fun to think about, am i rite?
Also, not everyone has 15$ each month, people take breaks and etc. Again, they will most probably change how long it takes for you to cancel your sub after purchasing it, to combat people subbing/canceling right away.

This does not effect most people. If you sub, you can still do 1 month sub.

This was purely done to prevent the discount We`ve got when We bought 6 month game time mostly with gold > bnet. It is a net nerf to AH Goblins, albeit a small one, probably few thousands gold a month.

Reading is hard.

I have to say… yeah.

This is undoubtedly the age of subscriptions. Everything is a sub.

Streaming services, amazon, food delivery, even your dogs food can be a on a sub.

Not to mention, every.single.game.console.

If you cannot manage a sub, or feel “uncomfortable”, you gotta evolve and adapt, or live in a cave.

Active subscription users won’t see in the battle.net store app the option to buy the game time.

if you’re unsubbed you’ll now only see 60 days for your regional price. Up until this announcement, it showed 30, 60, 180.

Players who were relying on using 30 or the 180 are now only capable of buying that time via the subscription model. Something they wish not to, or cannot do for various reasons.

I feel like you missed the part about the subscription still being there. Buy one month at a time, and cancel when you don’t want it anymore. That’s all it takes to fix what you’re complaining about here.

Did you read the post that you quoted m8. I said that they will most likely change how subscription canceling works. They will most likely implement something like a 7 day wait from purchasing a sub to being able to cancel it. There is no way, that they will leave it this way, its abusing the system that way.

You know you can still subscribe for 1 month at a time right? This only affects prepaid game time. I know this because I checked my account and the option to sub for 1 Month for 14.99 still exists.

Edit - I am in no way defending this change I think its greedy and obnoxious but i think a lot of people are misunderstanding what is actually changing.

And until that happens, you’re banking an entire argument on supposition. That’s worth about nothing in the current context of the discussion.

leave it to the playerbase to get pissed off over nothing…

1 Like

Not the entire argument. There are people who don’t want to be subbed at all. I had friends who had charges for subs even after they canceled, so the system isn’t perfect.

“Yea, but what are the odds of that happening” you say. Dunno, don’t care, and the less contact i have to have with blizzard support, the better i feel.

It’s petty when they’re demanding more money. The company keeps raking in money hand over fist already.

1 Like