I sided with Sylvanas out of spite

She was overruled when they wanted to show her being overruled. When they didn’t feel like showing that, she was essentially a monarch. So they got to have their cake and eat it too.

You misunderstand my complaint.

I can think of nothing more boring than having to watch endless cut scenes of council debates. That is one reason I am not in favor of this whole council plot development. It’s going to be the worst of both worlds: I’m going to have to watch Baine be the head of the Horde without him actually having to take responsibility for his decisions because “the council agrees with him unless we decide to show them disagreeing.”

I wouldn’t hold your breath. They have already proven that they like having one character be the “face” of each faction. So I wish they’d dispense with the whole stupid* council idea and just pick someone for the Horde, even if they don’t want to use the title of warchief now for reasons.

*It’s not a stupid idea for RL. I just don’t think it will work for the game.

1 Like

What can I say, I’m eternally optimistic. Plus Baine has so little personality I can not conceive of a Horde that puts him up front all the time.

Well, not with that attitude.

5 Likes

You John, Charles the First, or James the Second?

4 Likes

Jane Grey, Louis XVI, Nicholas II, and many more from rl history say hi, too.

Also, Sylvanas overruled and replaced herself when she screeched that the Horde was ‘nothing’, then flew off to Icecrown. To depose another monarch, funnily enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Okay, fair enough. You can overrule and replace a monarch. I should have specified, you can’t overrule and replace a monarch legally or peacefully.

James the Second says hi.

The Glorious Revolution was only ‘relatively’ peaceful. And that’s relative in terms of deposing monarchs.

Also, even though it has happened, it’s a huge and unusual deal when a monarch gets overruled or replaced.

1 Like