I resubbed for one month to warn about the Kidnap Meta (which will continue next expansion)

I made two threads on this topic at the start of Dragonflight and the middle of Dragonflight. The topic went unnoticed and unaddressed by Blizzard both times. I unsubbed both time sin response.

This is my last time subscribing to this game if I don’t hear something about this. Every priest was in Rated BGs were benched at high MMR because of Blood Dks. No one wants to risk a priest if a MW or Dragon is available, because MW and dragon doesn’t need to fear the Kidnap Meta.

Below is the video of the captured Kidnap Meta griefing mechanics roughly a year ago.
Kidnap Meta exposed. When will this unintended griefing mechanic be fixed?

Kidnap Meta exposed. When will this unintended griefing mechanic be fixed?

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHb1kATegFg

A lot of people straight unsubbed because of this (myself included). Over 90% of RBG priest Btags haven’t returned to the game (those that mained priest).

This is griefing.

This playstle is not intended.

Nor is the implementation of the style “clever use of game mechanics.”

It’s a clear oversight by Blizzard that permits griefing.

Good day.

7 Likes

Ok ok …first I’m having a hard time with the very first part of your post. High MMR rated bg…I don’t think ANY high rated rbg team is going to take a blood dk. In randoms yes. Blood dks can grip priests relentlessly. Yes it’s a broken part of the game. Their grip cooldown should be the same as unholy or frost. I agree with you it needs to be removed. But no blood dk plays in high rated bgs

You’re right. No one takes a blood DK. But when there’s a priest on the enemy team, they switch to blood. If they know priests are in queue, they snipe with blood (there’s snitches in every group paid to inform the carry/boosting groups when there’s a high MMR team in queue with a priest).

So, your point?

Are you also saying what’s in that video is fabricated?

Are saying me and many other priests unsubbed an entire expansion for no reason?

I’m saying that no team in Rbgs is taking a blood dk and if I was actually playing vs a blood dk in high rated rbg I wouldn’t be at the same node

Ok, so you’re claiming the video is a lie, even though everyone can watch the video.

Thank you.

I’m claiming that they aren’t playing high rated bgs. Maybe some yolo stuff.

Keep dreaming.

They SWITCH from dps to blood when there’s a priest.

You seem to missing that fact.

Dps Death Knights are in most groups, with the expectation that they’ll switch to blood against a team with a healing priest (as rare as that is!), because then they are trading one non-healer for one healer, which is winning for them.

Also, this very paragraph contradicts itself:

" Blood dks can grip priests relentlessly. Yes it’s a broken part of the game. Their grip cooldown should be the same as unholy or frost. I agree with you it needs to be removed. But no blood dk plays in high rated bgs"

Since you are very well aware that a priest cannot play the game against a Blood DK, what on earth makes you think high rated teams don’t employ Blood Dks vs team’s with a healing priest?

Your Priest was yummy :yum:

3 Likes

Death grip is a cancer, and yeah this is really and annoying.

But also…

Welcome to like half the specs in the game.

I wouldn’t really say it’s griefing any more than a melee spec being entirely at the mercy of a frost mage.
Or like every prot warrior forced to swap to guardian druid, you bite the bullet and reroll prevoker. No king rules forever.

1 Like

My counter argument is that you can still play the game as melee vs frost mage, even if it sucks and is not fun.

The BDK prevents a priest from playing the game.

No matter what map you’re on, you’ll be dragged the corner of the map and afk.

In short, there are many balance issues present in bgs that don’t affect arena and vice versa.

But this is not a balance issue.

This is a griefing issue.

That’s the difference.

2 Likes

That’s a generous interpretation of the matchup.

If it’s a viable strategy with the ultimate goal of winning, I don’t really agree.
If they were throwing games or actively hindering their ability to win just to do this, then yeah maybe you could call it griefing. But I think you’re doing your own efforts a discredit by insisting it’s griefing.
This game has always had an element of rock / paper / scissors to it. It’s not fun for me to fight a frost mage, it’s not fun for a frost mage to fight a hunter, it’s not fun for anyone to fight a rogue. Rock isn’t griefing scissors just because it’s a counter.

It’s cheesy and they should probably shave 5-10 yards off death grip to alleviate the issue. It’s a legitimate problem that needs to be looked at, and calling it griefing just makes it hard for people to take you seriously because you’re crossing the line into being unreasonable.

2 Likes

Explain how forcing someone to go afk is not griefing?

Do you think this is intended gameplay?

2 Likes

Sorry, but Blizzard hasn’t spent much time on PvP in DF.

At this point, I’m pretty sure they’re completely focused on the new expansion that comes out in 2 months.

1 Like

#1) Stop wasting your money if you think a subscription cancel and resub is going to add any weight to your suggestion. If you want to stop it, communicate with your teammates.

#2) The armory scrape could have pulled an UH or Frost in Blood Spec but I recognize a few names on that list.

https://murlok.io/death-knight/blood/rbg

Oh, please tell us the team strategy that solves the issue of Blood DK kidnapping a priest to the most remote corner of the map that doesn’t forgo battleground objectives.

We’re all ears. Teach us.

1 Like

It isn’t hard if you communicate and prepare for it. If you see a BDK before the beginning of the RBG then you kind of know what to expect. I mean what are you doing up to this point of frustration? Are you adjusting your strat?

Also I find it hilarious that you are crying about being trained with your toon name.

1 Like

No, because I am fairly certain that trying to change your mind would be a waste of energy.

To the extent that there is intention behind any other RBG meta strats, yes.

Again, simply reroll to prevoker like so many others. Though it’s not even like blood DK is anywhere near as represented as guardian druid, so it really just kinda seems like a mild annoyance.

1 Like

This discussion is going to end one of two ways as it has with every other person who tried this “Team Strategy Argument.”

You’re either going to realize there is no strategy that can be employed against it (which is why MW and Dragons are the meta heals) that doesn’t throw the game by sacrificing battleground objectives to rescue the priest.

Or you’re going to dodge the question forever.

The question: Tell us the team strategy that can save a priest from begin kidnapped that doesn’t forgo battleground objectives.

And comparing Guardians Druids to Blood Dks.

Blood Dks are frost/unholy DKs (dps), unless a priest appears on the enemy team (then they switch to blood).

I distinctly remember in season 2 Death Knights and Priests playing chicken with spec switching (healing to shadow, and dps to blood) right before BG started with, which is when I totally stopped playing the game and unsubbed a second time.

The game was decided before the gates opened by which team won the game of chicken. They actually got a dedicated shadow priest to cast mind vision during the 2 minute countdown and see if we were spec switching.

Or worse, there’s an informant on your team tells a carry/boosting team there’s free CR to grab if they snipe with a blood dk (like winter).

They trade one dps slot on their team for one healer slot on the enemy team.

2 Likes

MW is meta because double peaceweaver continues to be insanely strong, especially with high moonkin rep. Also life cocoon just denies kills like nothing else.

No real argument against dragon mobility making it more appealing. But again, a big part of your problem seems to be that your spec isn’t top tier anymore. Did you ever make a thread asking for meta changes to help resto shaman or holy paladin or like 70% of the other DPS specs be more viable in RBGs?

They should probably lock people in as the spec they queued as.

If we nerf healers so that trading a DPS for a healer isn’t such an appealing choice, problem solved. IDK about you, but I definitely feel massively overtuned in battlegrounds when I heal, probably because we’re tuned around like 30%+ dampening.

You have had multiple conversations about this with other people and they or a majority of them fall into the “Team Strategy Argument” but you think that it should be countered without a team strategy adjustment? I don’t know what to tell you other than to hit that cancellation on that subscription for the final time and save yourself some time if you think that you can succeed without making strategy adjustments.

As a Guardian FC should I not have my ranged DPS get the enemy DH’s in combat ASAP so I can try to keep my advantage of stealthing to a flag room?

As a shot caller, should I not get my rogue to try and harass the efc and delay them an opportunity at the flag long as possible?

If my Priest is getting kidnapped by a BDK do I sac the Priest and push on with a 9v9 or do I send a Ranged DPS to try and assist the Priest? Is the Priest in a group that makes them an easy target or are they with a main assault group?

You have to make adjustments every game. If you see a DK flipping from DPS to Blood, call their bluff and figure out a way to use it to your advantage. It is not your burden alone, if you team isn’t helping your then that is on them as well.

1 Like