I Really Think 10.0 Should be "Undermine"

Here’s the Elevator Pitch, Tell me what you think Below, please.

Here's the Idea!

During our Time Away in the Shadowlands, Trade Prince Gallywix has been hard at work trying to jumpstart his Revenge on the Horde and the Alliance. With his Remaining Wealth and Influence he hires the now Leaderless Cartels (The Blackfuse Company and the Venture Company) and Organizes them into a Military Force, who will serve as our primary antagonist.
(e.g. The Iron Horde, The Scourge, or the Legion. It helps to have a good, consistent Villain)
Meanwhile, Gallywix mines to the very depths of Azeroths core to arm his military with the last scraps of Azerite in the Planet, Knowing that he has no chance of defeating us without it. Hopefully uncovering more Threats than just goblins along the way. Lying in the deep dark caves of Azeroth.

Reason why I think this would be a Benefit to the Players:

1. References to WarCraft and WoW’s original Concept.
  • The “Undermine” has been refenced only Several Times in lore, But was planned to be Implimented in Vanilla all the way back in 2004 as an Underground zone. Similarly to the Emerald Dream and Naz’jatar. I think the Undermine would make a great Thematic addition to WoW.
  1. The Underground, and Undermine are actually “New” Locations.
  • Does anyone recall the Patch 9.2 Announcement where they said Zereth Mortis is unlike anything we’ve seen before? And it’s just a bunch of Floating Trees and Rocks? Well Undermine would ACTUALLY be something we haven’t seen before. An Underground city lit by Neon Street signs. We also haven’t really had many Underground Zones in World of WarCraft. That would genuinely feel unique and Interesting, to me at least.

• A Neutral City in the form of Undermine and Several Underground zones would truly feel “New” to World of WarCraft. It would make new content I actually want to Explore.

1. Better Villains for World of WarCraft.
  • I for one am Sick of Cosmic scale villains and “Master Plans”. The Jailer to me feels unrelated and generic.

• A Villain Like Gallywix may not be the most Threatening, but he makes a lot more sense and is much more believable. He Wants Revenge on the Horde and the Alliance, and he’s willing to Organize a Military and play General to meet this goal.

• A Villain’s goals should be easy to understand, and reasonable to carry out.

• Deep Underground we could encounter Additional Threats like Leper Gnomes, Quiraji, Corrupted Earth Elementals, and Anything Else!

Please if You have any thoughts or comments or additions let me know Below.
I Really think this Expansion concept could Work to put WoW back on Track!

11 Likes

2 Likes

Kind of like the Underdark in Forgotten Realms. I love deepholme, I could easily get down with an underground expansion.

1 Like

If this is means we get to use another version of the Deeprun Tram I’m down! :smiley:

1 Like

Gallywix is more powerful than The Jailer

Confirmed

1 Like

An underground expansion is definitely a cool concept. There is lots of potential there!

But I wouldn’t peg Gallywix as the main villain. He’s not really even evil. Just a fat greedy goblin with a lot of money who pays better people to do things for him. Not really the picture of intimidation. And all he wants is to live comfortably, not for world domination.

The true enemy down there is crab people :crab:

4 Likes

Any expansion that lets us focus on more cute goblin girls I support.

3 Likes

Undermine was just a city on Kezan. Kezan had a volcano explode on it in Cataclysm.

Someone should show the Goblin starter zone to Jesse Jackson

Absolutely true. Which is why he’s just the dressing of the expansion:

Case in point. The Warlords of Draenor were not the ultimate enemy of draenor. The Sha were not the ultimate enemy of Pandaria.

Gallywix would not but the ultimate villain of this either.

This is incorrect. Undermine was a city UNDER Kezan.

When mt. Kjaro exploded, Undermine was damaged, but not destroyed.
We know Mogul Razdunk and Gallywix were strip mining out of the Undermine as the primary source of Azerite

You couldn’t possibly make 1 city into a whole expansion.

1 Like

No. I couldn’t.

Undermine would be the central city like Dalaran. The Expansion would be set across the massive underground chasms of Azeroth.

Imagine abyssal caves. Bioluminescent forests, Azerite mines, abandoned gnomish cities. All sorts of new locations

I don’t know about that. But the Jailer is hella boring.
Also. BFA made it pretty clear on the Horde Side that only 2 people know about the source of the Azerite. Mogul Razdunk and Jastor Gallywix.
1 of these 2 people are dead.

You really think theres gonna be a 10.0 ?

Yes. I very much expect there will be an expansion after Shadowlands

It would actually feel new. Without being completely removed from the universe like Shadowlands

1 Like

That actually seems like a cool idea. Zones would be really cool, maybe one a huge cavern, another maybe a massive underground lake. Another filled with massive glowing stalactites and stalagmites.

I wouldn’t make gallywix to be the villain though, he’s more for comic relief than main story. Plus it would be kinda bad having final boss just be a fat little goblin

2 Likes

Gallywix has actually demonstrated some understanding of planning around his opponents. Unlike Sylvanas. The Alliance tried to Assassinate him in BFA and he had Body Doubles in place.
I like him much more than current Villains.

Put that Fat little goblin in a Pacific Rim level Mech Suit like King Mechagon was.
That’s a Villain.
Imagine fighting it on the back of Zepplins and the Skyfire

Exactly! New zones could be so cool and still feel like a part of Azeroth.

Would this not be significantly more interesting than the Jailer and the Maw?

1 Like

Yeah good points about Gallywix, but I still would rather have a different villain than him :slight_smile: maybe a clan of deep dwelling dwarves or something instead.

Also would pave the way for a geomancer style casting hero class. Now that I could get behind

With mayhem happening at blizz , i dont know

I should add. I don’t think Gallywix has to be the only Major Villain. I don’t even think he needs to be the final major Villain. But he’s a good excuse to make us head underground.

I assure you the big money making company would like to continue making money no matter what happens

1 Like

Sure and we gonna get another SL expansion with poor design and content. they dont even care about wow anymore they making money from other games