I re-did the essence grind on an alt

Blizzard is creating rings with serious drawbacks for 2% increased damage/healing, If Blizzard thinks that 2% is enough to require a serious detriment then even 4% is gigantic.

1 Like

Duffle can back me up on this, but i won’t be able to do that for another 15 days. U work on oil rigs and can’t log in to the game right now to do that.

They are 428, that’s a reasonable item level to sim. I can run through and do more people if you’d like.

This is an alt with account achievements set to per character.

Personal skill can still make a 20% difference in DPS for almost all specs. Some it’s more, some it’s less. And total, as in counting all three, yeah, they can definitely make a 15% difference; depending on the combinations. The argument is that the 3rd is making some insane difference in overall DPS, which it isn’t. I’ll have to hunt down some mythic geared person and sim them.

Hey you can sim more people (I’d suggest mythic raid dps people) if you want to stand by your original comment that essences don’t do much. Or you can amend the comment. Or retract it. Up to you, really.

Alright, I looked up the Method team and here’s an example using one of their ret paladins named Narcolies ilvl 447. With only two essences: 41,424 DPS, with three essences: 42,630 DPS. Net change: 2.91% increase

Want me to do more?

no, keep grinding, it’s good for metrics

So, like, ??

90s cant have HoA achs with character specific turned on, so why lie?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/medivh/dauntless/achievements/expansion-features/heart-of-azeroth

1 Like

What about if you took each one off one at a time or just all of them off? Now I’m just curious how much power is tied up in essences as a whole

Given i can see curve achievements for argus and xavius on this character (a level 90), but none for any BFA boss, i can assume you don’t have any curves on this account. So you probably don’t have a clue what you are on about.

But hey, thats me.

Duff this guy still uses askmrrobot to sim. Can’t expect much from him.

BiS essences are cool gimmicks but don’t make you any more viable in any content.

I was wrong, you can get more clueless than our hunter friend.

Things get buggy when you have it turned on and it doesn’t always show everything properly. For instance, my actual achievement points are 16385 on this account: imgur dot com/a/CrPioUu but you’ll only see a portion of them on armory for this character.

This point still rests though that 3rd slots aren’t adding as much power as you think they are. And AskMrRobot is pretty accurate. Nobody is 100% accurate with skill pressing and sims like this factor that into them.

LOL

I mean, why not just post a comment on your main if it’s that buggy?

1 Like

Lmao imagine actually believing that not having BiS essences will make it so you can’t do certain content.

Get real.

I really have no faith that retail is headed anywhere but this direction.

What content do you do? From what I can see, not much.

DAILY DEAL
300 BLIZZBUCKS, SLASHED - 250 BLIZZ BUCKS-
13 MINUTES REMAINING

I’ve decided to make a horde toon and do rep I haven’t done just to make the having an alt thing more interesting. Hell I’ll prob unlock Maghars and Zandalaris along the way, that’s the plan at least.

Essence grinds NEED a ketchup mechanic at least

And you’ll never be able to because raid feats don’t show up for low level alternate characters in different regions from one’s main.

I do Heroic raiding, though. BiS is almost universally attained after getting AotC. Getting BiS is icing on the cake, not a necessary grind to partake in content.

inb4 “muh u don’t do cutting edge raids opinion discarded.”

Ah i see you went with this option.

Personally I would have gone with the classic “wow you’re going personal now because you can’t win a point hehe!!!”

Look I have nothing against people who raid LFR, Normal, or Heroic. But don’t tell me essences don’t matter if you don’t do content where DPS and Healing checks are tight enough for a few % to matter.

Cheers

3 Likes