I re-did the essence grind on an alt

I hear ya, i wanna play other characters but the whole artifact spell grind prevents me from doing so

An interesting pattern I’ve seen in these threads is most of the people defending the essence grind don’t have the achievement for slotting 3 rank 3 essences. A good bit of them (especially in the other bigger threads on this topic) don’t have the achievement for unlocking a rank 3 essence at all.

I wonder how that could affect their view on the grind?

4 Likes

probably not going to happen since the Azerite system will definitely be scrapped for next expansion

Interesting question is it not?

I play heals, it’s what I do. And the Ever rising tide is bis for nearly every healer.

But lets not forget dps have other fun grinds, like blood of the enemy.

Its not hard. But time consuming as hell. At BEST you can get around 1500 rep per day from mechagon, getting to exalted is going to take a long time. Never mind the associated grind for the mats to buy the essence, which admittedly got slightly less painful.

You seem to be misspelling you a lot here. These are things you want. They aren’t things everyone wants.

Because he mythic raids on multiple healers.

And healers want the rep essences.

Going in to mythic raiding without the best gear/essences/consumables available to you is potentially holding back your guild/close friends as you fail to hit dps/hps checks and get stuck on a boss for weeks.

Stagnating in mythic raiding causes some players to unsubscribe or find a new guild.

The raiding scene is suffering as is, the people who still enjoy it would like to enjoy it on multiple characters.

But people who get “immersed” by doing WQs for weeks at a time, claiming its “easy” and “just playing the game” conveniently forgetting not everyone plays a fantasy mmo with dragons to match jewels or hunt chests DONT WANT TO DO THIS LIKE YOU.

If you want to hit exalted with the same rep six times, that should be something you can do. It should not be a requirement for someone who wants to play 2-6 classes in the highest level of content.

We know “how it is”. Many are just asking to go back to or move on to “how it was”/“how it could be”. Because they want to play this game but blizzard keeps making the same mistakes from previous expansions and losing players.

4 Likes

You say this like it was some big achievement… LMAO!!!

1 Like

Nope, it won’t happen and we all know this because daddy Blizzard does nothing wrong apparently.

Why do people get so hung up on essences? It’s not like it will increase your dps by some insane amount like 30%… Your personal skill level will have more of an effect on your dps than the essences will.

Agree on this. Legion Artifact weapon is not too bad on alt since we get it at the start and we basically level it naturally just by playing like we would normally do when we gear up normal weapons. But essences is gated behind reps etc. Things that i would never do again on my alts nor would I want to. I just get reps to a certain level on my main to get the stuff i need like tabards recipes etc then leave it. To force my alts to all grind those reps etc again is booooring lol

It really depends on the essence combination. My dps on my boomkin set went up by 10% just from unlocking the third essence slot. I wasn’t even paying attention to the first two. So it could well be 30%.

And as far as healing goes, there are essences that give back mana, a lot of mana, which can be the difference between going OOM at 15% or not. Essences that boost your healing for short bursts that can be the difference between a wipe or a kill.

Invest in the purchase of a clue.

5 Likes

I really doubt that, but okay.

I mean anything could be possible if we’re arguing with your feelings instead of facts.

Perhaps you could back up your claim by showing logs or sims showing that essences are a minuscule part of your character power?

1 Like

Okay, I used AskMrRobot on Xenshu above because they were the first DPS character that I scrolled to. With their current gear and 3 essences, they simed at 32,250. Removing the 3rd slot, they simed at 31,095. This means their 3rd slot gave them a DPS increase of 3.71%.

#PleaseComeAgain

This is probably my biggest issue with timegated content. I understand my $15 a month is paying for nothing more than ‘access to the server’ (though this argument seems to hold less weight with every passing year, as the servers seem either less capable, or have outright been outsourced to the cloud) - but it vastly lowers the value proposition for the game when I think of what I could spend my time doing for a month.

I’m all too happy to keep on dungeoning, PvPing and what have you on my main, but the moment I get bored of them, I’m not going to roll an alt. I’d rather spend that $15 a month on a few new games, and take a break.

The content is just so unengaging, the only reason I even do it is because I have to. I’m not repeating content that doesn’t offer me anything in the way of fun - I’m playing another game for a while.

I feel like I should probably clarify why the first time is ‘okay’, too, if the content is as unengaging as I say it is.

The first time through, you still have the novelty of a new zone to keep you going - you’re seeing new WQs, new dailies, every other day, and that sense of newness makes the content feel a lot less stale, for obvious reasons.

It does not, however, hold up to repeat playthroughs. This is, IMO, a huge problem for content that is designed to be repeated ad nauseum.

1 Like

Pre 3rd essence i was simming at 39k. Immediately after unlocling the third and putting one in (it wasn’t even bis) i simmed again. 44k. 10% right there from a Minor.

3 Likes

Show me… I would sim you but your armory profile is on resto.

How about you show me the account you’ve unlocked the third essence on, because you’re on the side of “People arguing against account bound essences who have yet to do the grind yet” crowd of people.

In fact you’ve yet to gain a single rank 3 essence, at all.

2 Likes

You managed to sim someone’s LFR character with green and blue essences. I’d hardly call that a meaningful case to draw a conclusion from.

It’s also the third slot, which is minor power only. I’m sure a rank 3 major/minor could add more than 4%.

Heck, what about 3 rank 3 bis essences vs 3 rank 1 or even 1 rank 1. I’m sure that would get near your 30% overall :wink:

1 Like

Personal skill has much less impact now than it did back in say Cata/MoP because of how idiot proof the classes have become (yet somehow people are even worse at the game now),

You’re delusional if you think essences don’t make a difference, they’re almost a 15% increase for some specs

1 Like