I re-did the essence grind on an alt

Why would they care about having a small number of players to resub rather than keeping people subscribed or invite people back through new Classic/Expac content?

Which is a real shame because I think alot of players have caught on and are done. 80% of my raiding group is quitting and not buying the next XPAC. Alot is riding on this BlizzCon and the news to come. However I doubt many would change their minds. Not just that but the developers are screwed also. They will make the greatest expansion ever lorewise and visually but possibly the least played one because of all the bad reputation Activision Blizzard is building.

3 Likes

I didn’t redo the essence grind even once. I knew from the start, considering I didn’t want to do it even the first time.

Also doesn’t help that my main alt is/was VDH and I still wasn’t happy with it in 8.2 though I overall like the spec.

2 Likes

You remember something that never happen ?

Think they should just make things like rep and expac resource sinks account bound, similar to what they’ve done with honour.

It encourages trying out new classes and you can choose what you want to buy for which toon if its a resource that allows you to buy things with.

Right now we have so many currencies from different expacs smh

What a strange thing to brag about.

i just rerolled to a maghar priest. he’s like 403 and only has two essences but i a big part of the content i do on him (since i don’t raid) is grinding to make him stronger the non account bound essences give me more to do.

i’m sorry that it isn’t any good for you guys that want to play a certain way but for me, i don’t WANT the fact that this pally has all of the essences unlocked except for the raid on and the pvp one, to make it so i have less content to do on my new main. i WANT to do that stuff. i have 14 120s and some of them have more essences than others though. i don’t need rank 3 of everything to do what i do.

edit: you don’t need rank 3 essences for every single alt you have. you’re only hurting yourself by being a completionist. the only reason this pally has so many different ones is because different specs require different essence. on my priest i’m getting the ones that are good for disc and that’s it.

When i see posts like yours Meccah i think making threads like is these are pointless.

4 Likes

i find doing the unlocks fun and want to do them. is that somehow wrong to enjoy playing wow?

No It’s just i can’t wrap my head around someone wanting to do dailies for three weeks to unlock and essence and finding it “fun”.

7 Likes

This. It was okay the first time. Not the 2nd plus.

I hear you. I’m close to having 2 characters with bis (still working on r3 conflict and strife for this guy).

Being a healer main makes it worse, since the grinds are all rep based for the bis healing essences (Ert, well, Lucid).

It’s painful.

End of patch 8.1.5 i had 5 characters tp jump between and do what I wanted. Now I have two because pf the stupid grind.

Every now and then i feel the urge to gear my warlock, but then I log in, see the essences, and log off to go play something else.

3 Likes

i like grinding rep to get things. i really loved in cata that you could get normal raid level gear that was meaningful to me as a casual from doing it. different people find different things fun. i need to get the rustbolt healer essence and the nazj healer essence and then he’ll be good to go. :slight_smile:

this is my priest. he just dinged a few days ago. :slight_smile:

Whoa amazing so far you’ve posted on two characters with green essenced necks.

Good thing essences aren’t account bound or maybe they might get invited to groups…

2 Likes

Gating behind time/rep is the dumbest thing if there’s no tangible gear reward that comes out of it.

I liked classic due to the fact that the time you put in, you got very well rewarded for it in questing. In BFA, it seems like arbitrary gating for nowhere near as a fun rewarding feeling

1 Like

you’re attacking me now because i don’t agree with you? why make a thread if you don’t want differing opinions?

I used to like that stuff. I guess I have less patience now for repeating content. Or maybe I dont enjoy the content. It was fun to wear a tabard and get rep. Now its so limited by world quests. If there were more ways to get rep maybe that would be fun. But right now it feels so gated. I find more fun playing another game then to regrind an essence I already did. Idk why. Im fine with lvling and questing but the essences just bother me for some reason.

1 Like

No I’m saying you’re taking a stance against account bound essences yet you’ve not yet proven you’ve even done any of the grinds once.

4 Likes

I took 11 characters into BFA hoping to spend the next two years enjoying leveling and grinding.
9 of them arent even level 120 yet and wont be leveled anymore until I can dungeon run them in the next expansion, which assumes I even buy it because if there is any AP grind again, Im out.

they took what could have been a fun game like Legion was and turned it into crap.

2 Likes