I re-did the essence grind on an alt

Honestly It was much worse than the first time and It took a lot of willpower to keep going and not just quit the game.

Blizzard, isn’t it about time we get some word on account bound essences?

I’ll post on my alt below so nobody can say “you just want multiple mains for nothing” because I now have 2 characters with BIS essences.

122 Likes

Very boring.

26 Likes

Blizzard I don’t want to do it a third time.

34 Likes

There would be no chance of me doing it a fourth time, that’s for sure.

27 Likes

A fifth time? You’re dreaming Blizzard.

24 Likes

Why must the rest of my alts be nonviable in keys and mythic raiding because everything has a boring timegate behind it.

Edit: There was nothing rewarding about doing mechagon once a week for 3 weeks, or doing conq cap for 5 weeks, doing EP for 3 weeks.

34 Likes

The word is NO.

You’ve presented a stellar argument there, thanks for stopping by.

55 Likes

How this hasn’t/wasn’t rolled in is just beyond me.

I, for one, would be playing a lot more and leveling many more characters if a ridiculously huge portion of their performance wasn’t gated behind rep that I’ve already earned.

I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met that feel the same way.

I remember Ion announcing shared rep account wide. Yeah sorry guys, not on this front!

32 Likes

Are all of your alts a Dark Iron army? I don’t have any valuable input here, hehe.

2 Likes

My guild went from having a full guild alt mythic raid to having 2-3 people playing alts. People might have the time to regrind essences but in a day and age where there are so many activities and games fighting for your time it’s a hard sell to say “Hey wanna grind Ankoan or Mechagon rep again?”

14 Likes

No argument to be made… they’ve said zero about account wide essences.

1 Like

They’ve also said nothing about bringing back master loot which everyone wants, they also haven’t mentioned about getting rid of the GCD changes which everyone wants.

If i had made a post three weeks ago about how Titanforging/Warforging was bad they’d had not said anything about it then but here we are.

What exactly is your point?

9 Likes

Thanks OP, I completely agree.

The biggest problem being that it’s all exactly the same quests/mobs/dailies as your first character.

The grind is :skull_and_crossbones:

10 Likes

Alts really should have some kind of discounted amount that they have to do.
So not necessarily account-wide rep but maybe 80% of the rep requirement for the first alt, 70% for the second, etc until it’s free on the 8th alt or however they want to do it. But something…

4 Likes

What you talking about I love getting 15 Fathom Ray meat, It’s really the ZENITH of enjoyment for everyone.

It’s so engaging redoing dailies boy golly.

21 Likes

That none of those things are likely to be changed especially ML and GCD.

I think the best way to make them understand the value of your time is unsubscribing, it is just not worth it to work that much.

2 Likes

Honestly If i wasn’t a raid leader for my guild, i would have.

3 Likes

Yeah the essence grind on alts = most alt unfriendly version of WoW since Vanilla.

13 Likes