I quit my guild today because of ninja looting

I disagree with not giving people loot they won because “they’re bad.” Now, I’m not talking about people willfully being dicks, ignoring mechanics, etc. I’m talking about people who, for whatever reason, seem to just be sorta sucking. Maybe it’s their gear, maybe a new class they don’t know the rotation for yet, maybe they just dropped into SoD and are running for the first time. I just don’t feel like ninja-looting from them is okay, but it seems like I am in the minority these days. Has the WoW culture just shifted? Is this not as widely accepted as I think it is?

6 Likes

Guilds have different standards.

Just find one that you like

10 Likes

I liked this one, sadly. I just can’t get over this issue.

1 Like

Doesnt happen on Horde.
This is your mind on Alliance.

2 Likes

To be fair, there is two sides to every story

4 Likes

This is true. I rolled Ally because my brothers did. I actually wanted to shamalaman. Maybe I should take the chance to reroll.

5 Likes

As long as the loot rules were agreed upon before hand, I don’t care what people agree to.

However it sounds like they showed they won’t stick to their agreements when it’s convenient and so I would bounce too.

1 Like

There’s more of these gatekeepy kind of players than there used to be, but it’s always been there. For whatever reason, this behavior seems more common among streamer audiences.

Maybe it’s an age thing, maybe it’s people putting systems from their real life into the game. A lot of people have jobs where they do performance evaluations every year and get paid based on the results of those evaluations. Hard to say exactly why this behavior is on the rise, but there’s still plenty of people that aren’t complete knobs.

4 Likes

Yeah this needs a lot more context.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean there is a reasonable other side. Plenty of instances in the crusader strike discord where people have ninja’d loot, citing “the roll winner had bad dps” as the reason. It’s toxic behavior and shouldn’t be tolerated.

8 Likes

Man child problems

1 Like

If your ML did this, report them to an officer or GM. If the officers/GM condone this behavior, you are in a bad guild and leaving is the best thing you could do.

My GM has kicked people for ninjaing, racist behavior, people being jerks, etc. You could be in a guild where the officers uphold a standard.

3 Likes

I mean was their DPS bad because they stood in every patch of fire they could find?

I mean just don’t play with those guys.

It’s as simple as finding a guild of like minded players. I don’t think people should have to power to deem what is toxic and what isn’t.

You’re gonna have differing cultures in a game w this many players. We don’t need to be policing people’s mindset and thoughts. Just don’t associate with them

3 Likes

I think that performance should factor in to you getting loot.

2 Likes

It was literally the guild lead who said in our Discord we might have a post up on the realm Discord 'cause he kept loot from a “sh*tter.”

Are you in a loot council guild? If so, good for you.

Otherwise, your opinion is wrong.

To be fair, an opinion can’t be wrong. It’s just an opinion

3 Likes

Sounds like a good thing you saw their true colors and got out of there. Don’t even concern yourself with it anymore. Those types of guilds typically implode from bad leadership.

1 Like

I mean in general.