I played FF14 So You Don't Have To

I feel so bad for the people reading this without realizing what day it is

2 Likes

Well, even after a year I learn something new.
I must find this divine off-turning.

Character settings. Though you won’t be able to cast positional requirements for spells. I had just gotten used to jump casting instant spells to avoid that, then I found the setting and life was good again.

The game is purposely designed like this so newer players aren’t overwhelmed. As you level, you get abilities that are off the GCD and make combat feels more intuitive.

This isn’t that huge of a deal. Just pay attention to the spells you have when you first start the dungeon.

Trash mobs, yes. Boss encounters in raids and dungeons are much more complex.

It’s not really all that much different from WoW, where every trash mob encounter is the same.

Damage meters are definitely allowed. Not sure about healing meters. However, if the boss is dying and teammates are alive, you shouldn’t really care about this.

Most classes top out at 30-40 abilities (if even), and maybe a fifth of those are CDs.

Maybe you should just pay attention?

Again, 30-40 abilities. I have no clue where you’re getting the 100 number from.

Yes, that’s why you’re allowed to play every job on one character, because every job as predefined roles.

Want to tank? Switch to paladin. Want to heal? Switch to white mage.

It sounds like you played this game to level 30, stopped, and are now basing your opinion on the game from what you’ve experienced in those 30 levels.

5 Likes

Just because you disagree doesn’t mean I’m a troll.

1 Like

It’s glaring at low levels sure but you get a lot of abilities that operate off the GDC so it is hardly noticeable after a point.

1 Like

FFXIV is just another MMO but I do agree, there is so much talking and cutscenes but I have a personal reason as to why I don’t really like it. Tho I do love seeing my character make expressions.

Really the only thing I should warn is that player housing is a nightmare. I thought I would be able to get a house but nope. Glad I had fans with a mansion. (also the flashing lighting, wish I could turn that off) and no account wide stuff.

YEah, it is hard to get a house.
Both personal house and a FC house.

As for flashing light, if you mean spell effects, that can be turned off. I also learned that not too long ago.

I knew it was a troll the moment I read this, because even though I make fun of ff14 a lot to my friends, even I know this is totally misleading because the GCD isnt as restrictive as it is in wow; there are still buttons to press during the GCD. Good bait though you caught a lot of fish.

2 Likes

the weather. like mainly in gridania and during that fight with zenos that has the scripted weather.

Not going to argue, no point really. You’re factually wrong and that is that.

But here we go, 1/10 for the effort in replying. No points for originality.

Try playing a caster. 2.5s GCD = 2.5s cast time.
Stop using “lol u troll” as an argument because you don’t agree with something.

2 Likes

This SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Huh, despite playing the game on extreme graphics, I never noticed that much of a probably with lighting.

So I would not know if you can or can not turn things off.

Stop using the day of the week as an argument for why something isn’t true… Schools these days don’t teach good.

1 Like

I went to sunday school. All i learned was trolling

good one me

2 Likes

There are still buttons to press between those 2.5s GCDs.

You just gotta level beyond level 30.

It does not take long.

1 Like

sadly there is none. I asked once. which is a shame.

The differences are why it succeeds. I think their scaling is much better even if you lose higher abilities.

It’s kind of funny that you would rather engage with the people not making an effort to argue with you over the people who are.

I, and other people, have thoroughly responded to your post and have made points about why your perspective on the game might be a little misguided, and you’re still choosing to engage with someone who clearly doesn’t care about what you have to say.

Feels less like you want to generate a discourse over the game, and more like you just want to make people mad.