I paid $60 for a level 60 boost, so I can tell you what it provides

I’m tired of this grandpa

They should at the very least start you off with heroic dungeon gear. At the least.

Change 500 gold to 2,000.

Do we need items to reset talents anymore? I seem to be able to do it without the use of an item. Am I missing something?

Bags are okay.

They should have us choose a crafting profession and provide enough materials to get through the first 20 levels of current expansion crafting, when we boost at max level.

2 Likes

Would you like them to put you in a guild and create some friends for you too?

6 Likes

148 item level gear for a 60$ boost? WTF!

Selling pure garbage!

6 Likes

Thank you, fellow whale, for your service.

14 Likes

You use the items to change talents in areas you cannot freely do, e.g. outside rest zones, in raid, etc.

1 Like

What kind of new age slang is this?

They don’t even max out your professions? I remember they did that when these boosts first came out. How stingy of them

3 Likes

I would’ve saved you the $60 if I knew you were gonna do this. My brother boosted a shaman because he abhors leveling. Needless to say, I had to give him gold for crafted gear and we’re running M0s now. ilvl 148 is incredibly stupid.

EDIT: oh yeah. they also give you 280% flight, not 310%.

5 Likes

A “whale” is someone who spends way too much of their IRL money in a video game. I actually wrote it as “white whale” at first, but it’s apparently just “whale.”

1 Like

Darn you youngsters and your Tom foolery

Ohhhh. My idiot brain was thinking of spec swapping not talent swapping. My bad!

This mage is a product of boosting, and I miss having free profession boosts. It doesn’t even have to go all the way, just put it up to right before it’s really costly to go up in ranks.

I think 148 about what you would get to when questing to max level, 40 renown is already basically free for alts (provided you keep your main up to date)

1 Like

Hmm… definitely something wrong with the extra weapons.

One would think they’d at least give you crafted gear ilvl… craps cheap.

1 Like

If I remember how it worked pre-BFA, if you used a level 100 boost it would boost your professions to the Warlords cap, but you had to level to 60 to get that (since professions stacked like expansions did) but with the BFA splitting of professions into their own category it would no longer be necessary

1 Like

Eek, 60$ for me would of been better spent elsewhere but thanks for sharing and not surprised honestly. That’s some pretty terrible things to get for being lvl 60.

I’d expect a tad more.

2 Likes

That item level is absolutely garbage, at least there’s a good amount of ilvl 200 gear on the AH. And as much as I hated BFA, at least that boost actually gave you something better than what we see here.

2 Likes

Welcome to Level Boosts in WoW?.. We had that sort of thing for a while?..

…I thought you’re (And we’re) already aware on how these level boosts work at this point? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Lol, 148 ilvl gear is absolutely terrible considering you can get instant 200 ilvl gear from the Korthia gear armaments. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: