I Never Miss!

Uh just because a few of them are still intact, doesn’t mean that all are. As long as we don’t have anything stating otherwise, we only saved around 5-10%. That’s a fact and the only numbers we have. It’s you assuming that we magically have hundreds of maw walkers saving night elf souls for some reason.

Their special hatred from the writers where they turn a promised resolution into more misery?

Nope, disagree. From how we’ve seen him perform against Sylvanas and in general, there’s no chance he should be as strong as Elune. He’s not even close to Arthas either, and I doubt he was being empowered by the Jailer at all.

The raid where she isn’t brought to justice, but instead wins and then once again gets away? Can you explain how that should make me happy?

Except that we’ve heard multiple times that not only Sylvanas isn’t evil, but that she’ll also not die or go, and this is especially clear since even Tyrande said that there can’t and won’t be justice.

It does in Sylvanas case, especially since they’re spinning around the Night Elf genocide and the obliteration of their souls to be no big deal, something that doesn’t even need to be addressed in a positive way, something Tyrande can just forget about.

I’m not theorizing, I know it and time will just prove me right.

No, I’m actually seeing positive things as positive. I would’ve even been happy if their souls were freed instead of obliterated, but since the writers hate them that much the only treatment night elves are allowed to get is being burned alive, tortured, and then obliterated while the one who did it gets a pass on genocide because the writers like her and hate Night Elves.

Last time I checked, Sylvanas is still alive and has her own expansion again.
I also wonder why the night elves never got their heritage armor, totally not because they can ignore a race that doesn’t exist in the game or the story anymore.

I’m not forcing any headcanon, just talking about the story.

We don’t have anything stated the myriad of Kaldorei souls was obliterated, but that doesn’t seem to have stopped you from ASSERTING this as FACT every ten seconds.

You can disagree if you’d like, it’s not gonna change that it’s true, cupcake.

The raid hasn’t even released yet, we don’t know how it ends. Why are you criticizing me for assumptions, yet consistently making psychopathic assumptions of your own?

I also heard them say that they’re not gonna let Sylvanas off scott-free for her actions. You musta missed that part, cause it doesn’t fit into the victim narrative you cling to so desperately.

The obliteration is in your head. You fabricated the worst possible thing that could happen to the Night Elf souls, even in the face of something good happening to them, and decided that it was true. Because, despite what you say, you actually DON’T want to see positive things - you want to be miserable.

And she’s not the Forsaken’s leader anymore. She’s actively against them. Can’t say the same for Tyrande.

Uhhh… the Forsaken never got it either. So that doesn’t help your argument. Helps mine though.

Listen, you’re not gonna be happy no matter what. So all you are is just a whiny, repetitive, bore of a person, who can’t go two seconds without pissing yourself over the same thing. If Blizzard has this humungous vendetta against the Night Elf playerbase, it wouldn’t be tremendously hard to see where it came from when people like you are in it.

4 Likes

For the last few years, it really feels like Blizzard is trying very hard to undue what made Warcraft unique compared to other game settings and dumb it down into a more “generic” setting.

3 Likes

My guess is that we just feel starved for more answers and are looking for plot illumination in what’s otherwise typical raid banter. It doesn’t help that in the “No More Lies” cinematic, when we were expecting to finally have everything explained, it still left the “but why though” question feeling unsatisfactorily answered.

I guess in other circumstances or settings, we’d be champing at the bit to find out more, but this seems more borne out of frustration than excitement.

17 Likes

I suspect it has much to do with WoW Devs shooting from the hip when it comes to lore decisions. If they bothered to “look back” on past decisions they might have realized that they tend to favor certain races for better or worse more than others. Combined this with much of the characters and lore being testosterone poisoning personified, they have unintentionally given people ammunition for some very controversial takes and given over-vocal online characters like the Anita-type to reference.

Talking about feminism in the game for PR when characters like Sylvanas, Jaina, Tryande and the night elves as a whole getting the treatment they get is a really big oof.

1 Like

We do have the numbers saying that we only saved a few. And guess where we saved them from? From the place where the jailer obliterates souls and forges them into weapons according to Jaina.

I just explained to you why bolvar shouldn’t be as strong as Elune, pancake.

Guess I’m a fortune teller then for knowing how this will end after all the interviews, the state of the writing team and the fact that she’s talking about justice with Tyrande giving up on justice while being painted as wrong and everything

Yea, guess she’s going to do something good and then be redeemed suddenly, or do you expect her to make up to all those obliterated Night Elf souls, hm?

No, it’s the only thing left for me to assume unless we get a statement or a hint that we magically freed all or most of the souls.
Why should I assume a positive outcome when the past story and the writers make this seem unreasonable?

Oh yeah, that’s why I only suggested like a million positive things by now… including saving all or most of the souls which never happened. No justice, no freeing the souls, no new home, no victories, no getting their zones back etc… Why should I headcanon that we saved all the souls with hundreds of maw walkers when there’s no reason to?

And yet I’m not seeing her as lost when she’s getting genocide justified because she did it and get away with everything, and then either return to the Horde or become a hero for both factions.

Yea, I only listed like a million times what would make me happy.

Yea, because people like me that complain about the lack of positive events after so much tragedy is the reason why so much tragedy had to happen in the first place, right? Because they can see the future :roll_eyes:

Edit: Just for reference:

From the place you go into constantly to pull souls from? Where multiple maw walkers are confirmed to be going? Where there’s a consistent weekly quest to go get Night Elf souls specifically if you’re Night Fae?

Also it goes without saying, everything you said was just you pissing and moaning about stuff that hasn’t occurred yet, so there’s no real way to argue with it. You’re offering your hallucinations as proof, and demanding the world be as miserable as you are.

Furthermore, I’ve seen your constant threads all whining about the same thing. They have no substance and they amount to largely nothing. Linking me them just proves my point further - if you think you were owed something at some point in time, the amount of time you spend on these forums crying over it for no reason has negated that.

Night Elf fans know how to voice complaints in a reasonable way, but you do not. You give them a crappy name and you should really go touch grass, because people like you are just gonna ensure they never get anything - and frankly, I’d be hard pressed to disagree with the sentiment if they decided your behavior doesn’t deserve to be rewarded.

1 Like

This isn’t a weekly quest, it’s a one time quest to free 8. Also where did you pull that “confirmed from”.

If you actually read the threads, you’d know what kind of things I’m asking for, and they never happened.

It has been 3 years now, and Night Elf fans have nothing positive. Only more negatives. And you’re telling me that I’m not allowed to complain…

Anyway if you’re going to be like this, I’m done here.

The Attendants refer to more Maw Walkers arriving from Azeroth. Maw Walkers in plural is used by a couple characters. There’s a dead one in the Maw.

Quit whining, you’re a humongous bore.

5 Likes

Baal confirmed that it’s practically weekly, tied to the Torghast calling being open and he sees it recur. I think the reason why I thought it was a one-time thing was because I must have bugged the quest to no longer appear once I did it twice in the same day.

5 Likes

I did it four times

Multiple Maw Walkers is canon, there’s so many mortals joining the covenants the Cartels have to increase their portal capacity to increase supply

At this point I have to ask, are you playing the live game or basing your takes on second and third hand information?

Because at minimum the quest appears twice (and bugs out if you do two quests in one day). And multiple maw walkers has been canon for months.

8 Likes

What even was the point of this character if she’s just around to get offed?

The point is to serve as an important cog in the Machine of Death to be offed and replaced.

To reforge her Sigil she must be replaced as Sigils are reforged as a result of the Covenants finding themselves and Oribos can only find itself by replacing the Arbiter should she be offed.

The best place to obtain such a replacement would be(as far as I’m aware of) the only Death Realms in the Shadowlands mentioned yet not seen ingame: Craftenium(for crafting the being) and Ra’zunesh(for the necessary knowledge to create a replacement).

Nobody else was killed off to get their sigil so isn’t it a little early to say the arbiter’s dead from losing its own? Assuming it wasn’t dead all along and the watchers weren’t trying to ‘Weekend At Bernie’s’ the body.

8 Likes

I mean the Jailer is right in front of her in the cinematic. I doubt he’s just going to take it and leave anyone at the Arbiter’s sanctum alive if he can help it.

It’s possible it’s place holder dialogue but honestly I don’t have high hopes for any Sylvanas related SL content.

If a stories been chugging along for years now and is still teasing the ‘Your questions will be answered’ ish then it’s a safe bet they never had any good answers to begin with. They’ve had to make retcons to a decade old story to make her actions make some sense retroactively, which isn’t a good sign.

Again as always I hope I’m wrong. Maldraxxus still stands as proof Blizz can spin gold out of what sounds like a really dumb idea so, who knows.

6 Likes

Zone stories generally have never been the issue. I suspect it’s because the writers working on them get to just write, where the big story beats and the raids tied to them tend to be more driven by non story team people wanting things to happen.

4 Likes

True. And I maintain one of the reasons Classic held up was because it was based on zone stories. And WoW still crushes it when it does that sort of storytelling.

I really think they’ve improved massively on organic storytelling over the years too. You can piece a lot together about the societies of this world by just paying attention to your tasks and environment.

In Dazar’Alor for example if any character sits down and expositions about their pretty screwed up caste system, I don’t remember them doing it.

But I remember learning about it from the dailies and just listening to characters. Like if you don’t have the spiritual acumen to be a Loa Priest, or the knack to hack it as a warrior, you’re pretty much dumped on the street. Which goes to explaining why the docks are crawling with grifters, thugs and cut throats.

And that’s just better storytelling to me. Because that’s a form of storytelling unique to games. I’ve always praised WoW’s art team, every frames a painting. Only unlike normal paintings we’re obliged to go wander around this one and chat it up with the characters depicted in it to figure out what’s going on.

That’s to me better than the camera cutting away to two characters yammering on and on and maybe your dudes in the background somewhere. Often making over the top emotes because hey, why would you want to decide how your character should react to stuff?

3 Likes

Krexus says Hi.

Being introduced to die is kinda a Shadowlands specialty at this point.

1 Like

I maintain that they weren’t supposed to die but were killed to force us to be invested

1 Like