I miss the Pandaria portal room

I still have no idea what they thought they were accomplishing by removing most of the portals and cramming them unequally in Org.

16 Likes

I vote that they stop removing perfectly good portals for no reason <3

My computer already takes a minute to load a zone, please don’t triple that by making me go through Stormwind.

15 Likes

You will be funneled through Stormwind and Orgrimmar and you will like it!

8 Likes

Nuts to your funnel!

1 Like

I’ll second that.

2 Likes

No.

3 Likes

i kept my hearth set to shrine every expansion after mop until the portal removal

ree :angry:

7 Likes

I just miss the state of capitals pre-Cata. It was nice seeing life out in Ironforge, Thunder Bluff, Darnassus, Undercity, etc.

Teldrassil and Undercity were blown up in the name of funneling. Ironforge and Thunderbluff will be next. Only Orc and Human potential allowed!

3 Likes

People were spending too much time in the wrong content.

4 Likes

Removing portals is a way to redirect the flow of people. I remember they just didn’t want players still hanging out at the Shrine years later for efficiency instead of the current expansion’s city.

They do that regularly. WoD and Legion had most of their portals removed too. BfA still has its ones though. But the SW/Org portal rooms were great ideas I think. Very useful and convenient over how it used to be.

2 Likes

Just like they didn’t want people to play demonology (or fly). Goodness forbid there’s actually a world outside of current content and queue spamming.

Wish they were added to every major city, it would help reduce lag quite a bit. Instead they decided to destroy 2 of them…

1 Like

I actually don’t think about it at all.

A reminder that someone at some point said “Hey, let’s delete all the portals and re-add half of them in Orgrimmar.”

And nobody said they were an idiot.

6 Likes

Strike the “and Human”, and I’m good with that statement.

Portalhopping makes it feel less like a world.

Just a reminder that when they announced the portal room in a blue post, which was long after everyone knew what was coming, including loss of favorite portals and long redirects, what they said was…

Needless to say, the post was not well received.

2 Likes

I’m still upset at my missing Kara Legion portal

I miss all of those portal rooms. I have also noticed that I don’t travel the world as much as I used to because they are gone. :frowning: (on my other toons, not this one.)

1 Like

none of my horde alts have gone into the Cleft of Shadow since Orgrimmar got the new portal room

2 Likes

I’ve forgotten the Cleft is even there.

1 Like