I miss legion

Small Brain: I miss Legion

Normal Brain: I miss Vanilla

Big Brain: I miss WotLK

Galaxy Brain: “To ask why we fight… … is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question. Why do we fight? To protect Home, and Family… To preserve Balance, and bring Harmony. For my kind, the true question is: What is worth fighting for?”

2 Likes

Legion was awesome and my fav xpac so far. There was so much stuff to do. The only thing I didn’t like was the demon stuff. Mainly seeing the fel green / brown color palate.

I miss it too. I’m actually leveling my warrior and monk through the Legion range now. I still like the Broken Isles zones a lot but the removal of artifact power and abilities has made it feel very unrewarding. Half the time you just get a gray piece of crap that sells for 10g as your quest reward. They should have kept the artifact stuff in until you hit 110, because as it is now it feels really bad.

1 Like

I love posts like this because these same posts came up during Legion except not saying they missed WoD but missed MoP. Yet during Legion nothing by whining and complaining and saying how bad it was etc. Same during WoD. Same during MoP etc.

I did chuckle at the “Been playing BFA since launch” like it is has been out sooooo long. A whopping 7 months.

I loved every inch of Legion, the good and the bad.

That’s why BFA stings so much for me. How they could go from something great, take all its system and practically ruin them.

3 Likes

Almost like everyone’s different and I never posted a complaint on the forums in Legion, nor did I ever seek how things were in MoP. I get what you’re trying to say, but you’d only be valid if i specifically was the one complaining.

I also will say I don’t despise BfA that much. There’s a lot I dislike personally but I was only saying I was more engaged in Legion.

2 Likes

I never checked the forums during Legion… i only started getting into the forums in BFA every other xpac i have played I NEVER even knew there was a forum, because I was playing and enjoying the xpac.

I recently started playing DH and had never got the class mount. Went back and worked on it. Much more fun than BfA.
BfA feels like everything is on cooldown.
I’d go back to legion in a heart beat.

How is this relevant?

It’s like me saying that even though you liked an expansion you must be lying because there were negative posts about it written by other people on the forums…

3 Likes

Legion was epic. Until they changed my af lock. Those changes made me unsub just before ToS.

Malefic Grasp build was my favorite build since SL/SL was a thing back in tbc.

Having said that, I do actually like how af is now, except I am so bored with it, so am just casually playing 5 classes.

I go back to Legion when I want to have fun. I play BFA to keep up with gear and progression on at least a few characters.

2 Likes

I listen to Antorus raid theme… we will probably never get the sheer epicness and titan-esque planet spanning space opera again. So sad.

Tbh I kind of like when people who dedicate to a main are rewarded over people who want to maintain 47 alts all at the same effectiveness of their main.

1 Like

I miss…certain things about Legion. I would be dishonest if I said I missed Legion as a whole because I did not. I miss mage towers,class halls, the artifact weapons and quest-lines and Suramar, but there’s a whole lot I don’t miss.

1 Like

Dont get me started…Legion was awesome! Theres a reason why Legion is rated 8.4/10 and BFA 3.1/10…The tribe has spoken.

2 Likes

Pretty much.

I like BFA way more than Legion in general. Just a better feel to it and obviously we’re in the beginning of the expac. There is more content to come.

We all thought Legion was crap lol The changes to professions was still bad and the story was still mainly focused on Alliance but everything else, was 100% better than BfA.

Got my Heritage Armor awhile ago and now, I am like “I’m done. I beat the game, as far as I’m concerned.” But if I want the new allied races…“Sigh” Serious Dread

TL:DR Wall of text below regarding Legion class design and gameplay systems (which are still some of BfA’s major issues - class design and the artifact power grind to complete your class for temporary abilities that will go away at the end of the xpac). Rental abilities feel terrible. Legion content is good minus Argus and after pathfinder is completed, but everything else about it was terrible. Revert classes to MoP (plus dw blood/unholy and minus Colossus Smash for fury). Good content can be overshadowed when the interface to that content (class design) feels terrible.

Begin wall of text about Legion gameplay systems:
The gameplay systems in Legion pushed me away to the point that I skipped the entire xpac. The Legion class changes destroyed pretty much every class for me and the only saving grace that BfA classes have that Legion did not was victory rush for fury (which is HUGE for me).

Frostmourne needs to be a 2h weapon (wtb 2h frost). Getting toothpicks of Frostmourne feels wrong and it’s one reason why I wanted nothing to do with Legion until after artifact weapons removed. it’s important to me to choose my weapon (and weapon type - customization options in a game that claims to be part of an RPG should never be removed). Being forced to dw on my frost DK still feels just as wrong as it did in the Legion pre-patch. I’m not getting used to it, just playing my DK much less.

For fury, part of being a “berserker” means not having to care which weapons I use, and as a weapons master (warrior) I should be able to pick up any 2 melee weapons and swing them around; I’d love to have the option to use any combination of 1h and 2h melee weapons, or at the very least a choice between SMF and TG fury. That’s what I think of when I think of a berserker (fury) and a weapons master (warrior). TG is really cool, but it shouldn’t be the only option.

BfA seems to have a lot of the things I didn’t like about Legion but worse. Artifact power, rental abilities that will be going away, and the terrible weapon restrictions are still there (I can’t even xmog to weapon types I could use before such as a 2h on my DK).

My original plan was to get my character to 120 and gear up a bit then go back to Legion because I just really dislike BfA but wanted to be able to do some of the group content a bit more easily. As you can see my character is stalled because I dislike BfA so much I can’t even crawl to cap. I’ve ended up playing low-level alts waiting for my sub time to expire.

Nah, I miss 7.0 and 7.1 Legion specifically. 7.2 was rather meh, as Broken Shore offered literally no story aside from the class hall follower and mount missions that bookended the glorified weeks long tutorial of the Broken Shore. Argus was pretty fun, but Legion was a blast at the beginning. Working through the Nightborne story stuff and Kara before it was standardized was amazing. And Nighthold is one of the best raids they ever made.