I miss Garrisons. Anyone else?

The auctioneer in the trading post was really nice but the quest to get it felt so damn grindy.

I loved Garrisons! I still visit mine regularly… all 13 I have. I still decorate them for Hallow’s End and Winter Veil every year. :smile:

2 Likes

I still use mine, it is a great place to hang out. Have everything I need, bank, anvils, AH.

1 Like

Yes! They just came at the wrong time and were too tied to pushing you toward the mobile app at a time when people were still clinging to the idea of vanilla WoW and hated the idea of mobile apps. I don’t think anyone is pretending that retail WoW is still a “social” experience that Classic was. It’s just about giving us a ton of stuff to do, like Delves. And, while I won’t pretend like everything feels the same way, I certainly wouldn’t mind some way to engage with WoW while communicating or something, as long as it isn’t a requirement.

Would love for Blizzard to revamp it or, even better, copy Albion Online and give us our own personal/guild islands.

1 Like

I still build my garrison on characters I invest in. Just did it on my druid.

2 Likes

Not really. Didn’t offer choices and variety in terms of New Building Types from other races like the Night Elves, Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes, Worgens, High/Void Elves, Kul’tirans, Dark Irons, Blood Elves, Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Goblins, Pandarens, Nightborne, and etc.

Plus we didn’t get a chance to move the bases and yea it was disappointing as player housing and guild halls.

Thanks for reminding me to decorate my garrison for Chris… argh, I mean Winter Veil.

2 Likes

was a fun side thing to do could have been expanded on as well

I would hope if they revamped them or did something new like them they would take suggestions like that and make it possible. Would have been way better with customizations like you mentioned!

I like that Garrison NPCs would detect and attempt to walk around you. I don’t think that functionality ever turned up again.

I also liked that my whole roster of battlepets could be spotted wandering around.

4 Likes

That interaction can be taken to an extreme when wearing the Mesmerizing Fruit Hat from Valley of The Four Winds, Pandaria. Sadly, that item is still not a toy in your toy box. :frowning:

I go to my garrison almost all the days I log in, if only to grab the ore and herbs to sell.

I’d love the Worldsoul Saga to have a garrison-like base that we can upgrade throughout the 3 expansions. I’m a player housing fan, and having a base similar to the garrison that would stay current for 3 expansions would help fill the housing gap.

3 Likes

I’d be really happy just having them build upon the existing ones. Should be easy enough to put garrison resources everywhere. lol

2 Likes

just dont have them as the MAIN thing to do like WoD and garrisons are fine, just have it as something extra.

2 Likes

only if you get to remake how it looks.

id rather some dark spear like huts over more orc buildings.

1 Like

That’d be cool. I don’t need it all at once, I’d just like seeing it iterated upon.

They could make up some “magic” reason it exists in a pocket dimension like how the mail room worked. It could be like Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Mansion or something.

Khadgar: “Champion, we pulled your garrison into a pocket dimension for you to use for cosmetic reasons. I thought of this after snorting apexis crystal dust and putting my head in a magical ball in your pet collection” or something. IDC

But it’d be cool if we could change stuff like the ground texture to represent a season or the sky box, too.

1 Like

I kinda feel bad for Scout Valdez. Every time I visit my garrison he’s quick with the “I’ve assessed all the threats and ready to discuss them when you’re ready” and every time I just walk past him without saying a word. Poor guy.

1 Like

When I get bored with old garrison I like to visit my new garrison, its much bigger, nobody there but me, there are quests and rares that just sit around all day waiting for me to show up. I think some of you call it Korthia.

Always have, always will.

1 Like

I think the gutting had more to do with the massive amount of cut content that was planned for that expansion.