I miss Classic

Not sure why people keep bumping this post from a year ago… I wrote it when I quit Classic. I’m playing SoM now like the rest of you and having a blast.

Stop bumping a year-old irrelevant thread lol

13 Likes

I’m really confused how you think blizzard could enforce faction balance. Rather than saying there are ways how about you list them.

5 Likes

Faction ratio queues (40/60).

ex: horde has 4 people logged in, alliance has 6. Another alliance character cannot log in until an alliance logs out or another horde logs in. (level 60 toons only)

2 Likes

Yeah because thats gonna work reaaalll well. Blizzard will never do that. They don’t want to limit people from playing the game. They didn’t do it in classic. They won’t do it in TBC.

3 Likes

Maintaining blance isnt imortant past p2, and never will be again, cept queues.

As far as loving Classic: ever consider rolling fresh on a populated pve server that favors one faction?

1 Like

Are you really interested in my ideas? Or are you just looking for an argument?

Be honest now… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I want another AQ gate opening event. Now that was epic.

Not really, tbh. I’m just interested in why you think they would work out better than what we have.

With the exception of this one:

Sure. What exactly is it that we do? Also, where exactly are you experiencing problems?

In APEX Legends, which is an FPS Battle Royale, if bots are killing people and winning in ranked play, then there’s a major problem. That ruins “the point” of the game.

In WoW Classic, what are bots doing? Personally, I don’t know, because it’s not interfering with what I’m doing.

So, here’s my question: What are you doing that bots are getting in the way, and how can I confirm that for myself?

1 Like

Ha! I purposely didn’t even log on during that whole thing. :smiley:

2 Likes

world buffs and bots are the reason i quit classic. if they get rid of those two, it would be a much better game.

5 Likes

Rite?? I agree. Those were the two biggest issues for me as well. Fix just those and I’d be happy! :slight_smile:

I disagree. For PvP servers especially, a healthy world PvP environment makes the game more more fun in all phases.

It would though… Or at least a much more sophisticated version of it would. It doesn’t have to mean preventing people from playing or restricting choice either. I agree with you that Blizz probably won’t go for those.

It would need to be thoughtful and carefully crafted system that can self calibrate and adjust over time. But yes I believe absolutely - it could work.

1 Like

I strongly suspect bots are manipulating the AH in ways that benefit them and often harm regular players. And that gold buyers are inflating prices. I don’t play the AH so I don’t know. But I have a working knowledge of how unregulated businesses operate. I can’t confirm and to discover what they’re doing would take a deep and long term analysis of the AH.

And you just kept friends, and family, from playing together.
How are players going to react when their family cant all log on.
How is a raid team going to react when some of their team cant
on? This will cause players to just find another game that they
CAN all play together.

2 Likes

Well same, more or less. I do sell stuff on the AH, but I don’t spend more than 5 minutes/day on the AH.

While I don’t disagree with the point you’re making, I could also say that I suspect aliens have inhabited the majority of our society’s brains and are causing fundamental problem in the way we communicate, and someone should really do something about it.

Without saying precisely what the problem is, how to identify it, and how to deal with it, that’s a relatively meaningless statement, isn’t it?

2 Likes

I’m not looking for an argument… I’m curious if they are actual good ideas or if they are the same dumb ones everyone else tries to say. I’m not looking for an argument at all… because I know blizzard will never do it. There’s no point in arguing about it. I’ll simply tell you that you are wrong if they are the same bad ideas that everyone else has… and simply stop responding to you.

Trust me, Naxx is pretty damn hard already. It has been a logistics nightmare for my guild, and we were like NA 30th to clear AQ40 (going by Viscidus kill).

The other ones… Well, they could have been much harder if we weren’t permanently stuck in the easiest iteration of Vanilla WoW.

One conforms to the nature of reality as we understand it and the economic systems we’ve created. It’s a good guess and likely to be true. The other is far outside any normal reality and doesn’t fit with anything science has learned or studied. It’s unlikely to be true.

That you think there’s some sort of equivalence between the two is one of the reason the internet is rife with so many conspiracy theories, fictions, and other nonsense that so many believe to be true.

1 Like

As long as there is a way to live, we will live :slight_smile:

This was an interesting assumption. Would you like to explain why you came up with this?

I think my post was clear and self explanatory. If you explain what part confuses you or how and why you disagree I’ll consider responding if the conversation seems interesting to me.

1 Like