I miss Classic

Indeed…

But it wasn’t your post. It was my post.

I’m curious as to what you are intending to contribute (or whether my post was unclear).

Requires tuning only, but the literalist no changes types that want 1.12 and only 1.12 state of play is why we couldn’t have nice things.

Getting rid of megaservers by itself would fix a lot of the problems.

Yeah you’re right. Naxx can prolly stay as is.

Heh, I agree. :wink:

Agreed!!

What does this even mean? Faction ratio queues are 100% “you can’t play that character.” There’s literally nothing to them that isn’t restricting choice. All you’re doing is saying “it could be done, it could work” over and over. You can think at a faction ratio queue until you give yourself a migraine, and you still won’t have fulfilled the pie-in-the-sky fantasy you’re insisting on here.

Multi-Boxing isn’t banned. Use of key broadcasting software is.

Two totally different things.

2 Likes

Without resorting to scummy tactics that private servers use (such as free epic mount training or bonus xp for the lesser faction), faction balance is impossible for wow.

2 Likes

The problem everyone is experiencing is seeing multiple bots across multiple zones, and even more sitting in instances. Don’t know why you would even question what exactly it is affecting. Gameplay I guess? Integrity of the in game world? Maybe bring up RMT. Economy?

1 Like

Ah…the good 'ol days. They’ll remove seatbelts in cars with human drivers before we see earnest efforts by a community to relive open world pvp.

Blizzards solution was warfronts instead of forcing balance, so probably never happening.

P1 and that window before (unlayering + server cap lift) honor point farms started in Classic was awesome though.

Ya, the only real world pvp now is either A) Ganking near areas where people with world buffs come. or B) 1 v X in farming spots such as the winterfall camps. I have fun there though, and ganking while I herb on my rogue is always an option lol.

1 Like

Lol. Rogue ftw. Too bad C) used as a deterrent to bots on pvp servers, is possible.

Vanilla is just broken on too many fundamental design levels, player abuse/exploitation/cheating/cheesing aside. TBC Classic will ultimately fix much of the former, but not the latter.

Well, I’m not saying “There are no bots.” Nor am I saying, “Bots don’t affect anything.”

I’m simply asking. In my day to day gameplay, I haven’t noticed bots. People do complain about them a lot on the forums, so I suppose I’m curious as to when/where people are finding pain points.

Certainly. People who are paying real money to support bots should be banned. Indeed, that is against the EULA, and is actionable.

This goes both ways. It might be interesting to do some math to figure out what sorts of effects botting has on server economies. On the one hand, people who buy gold contribute to inflation. On the other hand, bots farming resources may increase the supply, and keep the prices of such resources lower than they would otherwise be.

1 Like

Original timeline Velen messing with us fo sho

1 Like

Because everyone loves anecdote from a forum alt:

I switched my position on bots, now deeming them as a priority to be dealt with. They are more abundant, more elaborate and are ruining the herbalism market as to significantly alter group content, and finances.

Been on Faerlina, now just to keep up with my spreadsheets, be nosy, give away stuff…its true that latest content created plaguebloom demand. I couldnt believe it.

The bots are forcing some guilds to consider…buying gold…instead of farming mats for top tier mana pots.

The bots are doing similar things in retail.

The incentive to buy gold has increased beyond the typical spendhard shortcutters.

If I knew nothing about the game and looked at it objectively: its a brilliant side hustle for the company.

That’s one possibility. The other possibility is bots may be able to monopolize the supply of certain mats and price them at the highest cost the market will bear.

1 Like

There may even be more possibilities than just two!

But yeah, it’s possible that people who are botting are working together to monopolize economies. That would require some coordination and agreement, though, and its not obvious that breaking such agreements would be disadvantageous.

1 Like

welcome to cartels XD

Cartels require a way to enforce penalties for breaking rules.

true, which in a video game that would be hard…

i guess cartel would be the wrong word here but the act of monopolies acting and engaging in similar behavior is very similar sentiment.

also they may have ways to enforce said penalties with hacking or ddos or even bad reviews for the rival…the enigma of faceless boogie men and all that