I miss BFA

I hated the music, like the harbor music actaully annoyed me.

Once you kill a boss and get the loot you wanted, why would you want to come back to kill that boss again? The loot scarcity is the result of the titanforging removal. I am sure people preferred titanforging over what we have today. Go ahead and ask, the number one common complaint in the forums is loot scarcity.

1 Like

I find this post funny. Next expansion you will just come out and say “I miss shadowlands” on the launch patch of the new expansion. Give the expansion some time to grow. We literally just got the xpac a month ago. BFA only felt rewarding near the end because of all the catch up mechanics.Shadowlands will be the same but right now everything is slow because it’s launch latch.

1 Like

Loot scarcity is due to going from 3 item drops to 2… which is not that big of a deal.

Titanforging has nothing to do with that, at all.

1 Like

I prefer the Shadowland dungeons over the BfA ones. Hated how much extra trash mobs they shoved into the BfA ones just to slow players down in mythic+.

You missed the blue post, you are uninformed. Loot scarcity IS the result of the titanforging removal:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/raid-vs-mythic-loot-tables/652040/5

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the screwed up scaling on old content etc I would be happy. That is truly my biggest complaint.

1 Like

He literally replied to say that it’s due to removing the total amount of loot gained in M+… which is exactly what I said.

It will level out once you have higher item level, quote me on this.

1 Like

I agree with some of this. But also, you are comparing 2 year expansion to 5 weeks of Shadowlands. I just don’t think it’s fair.

Give it a year and then we may be able to actually do a proper comparison. More stuff is coming. But yes, M+ loot is annoying. I just pretend its normal.

1 Like

So you didn’t play BFA huh

Its the first time in years it feels good to get loot

Thank god

Good bonus rolls were garbage now lets get a badge system again

3 Likes

No my friend. Ion said multiple times they reduced loot because of war forged system removal.

More about this:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/55531-reduced-loot-quantities-in-shadowlands-yay-or-nay/

BFA had its good parts for sure, but are you mad?

The litany of problems it had did a very good job of tearing down every little advantage it had. I say this as someone who enjoyed BFA.

It was a good expansion that was consistently clawed down to its grave by horrible decisions and even more horrible systems. Maybe if not for them, I’d agree, but given they existed, hooooooo boy.

Not to mention blizzards excuse for this awful balancing is because theres an arena tournament soon… good to know to just unsub if the games broken with their esports coming up

1 Like

BfA got only 1 month from me, Shadowlands is already at 2. Shadowlands is at least better than BfA imo. But, I’ll see how much I enjoy it long term.

Previous to SL, the expansion hated most was Cataclysm. I have never said I missed Cataclysm.

I may, in the future, say some expansion is worse than SL, just as SL is worse than Cataclysm. That won’t mean I will miss SL.

Yeah, BFA was a dud for me. I’m loving Shadowlands. Best expansion I’ve played since MOP.

3 Likes

More info about loot scarcity and its relation with the WF/TF removal:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311952/liveblog-of-the-shadowlands-sloot-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas

No Titanforging/Warforging. However, less loot will drop.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/04/10/warforging-wow-shadowlands/

One of the things Ion mentions is that gear saturation played part of the problem in terms of the proliferation of Titanforged/Warforged style gear. That there was so much varied gear dropping between Mythic+ and Raiding and questing that you could easily be kitted out before you even finished a raid, and so Warforged and Titanforged gear essentially filled the excitement quotient for raid gear. You weren’t bored even though you already had gear in every slot, because the chance of a TF or WF drop would keep you interested. That does work, but it doesn’t hold its luster — and the devs are aware of that. The cure this time seems to be to remove TF/WF and to lower the amount of gear dropping, so that people don’t get geared up as fast.

BFA was an abortion from the moment it was announced. Getting shot in the head and left in a ditch is more fun than BFA. Ge out of her with this BFA is better than anything BS.

1 Like

This is how the ebb and flow goes. People swear the current expansion is crap while also swearing the last expansion was good, then when the new one comes out people swear THAT ones crap and the last one (which they complained about) was good. In 2 years everyone will swear shadowlands was good and that new expansion sucks. Ahhhh yes yes :] watched this flow for years

The issue is that expectation carried forward into a new expansion. Now people are thinking that they should have end-of-patch power because they have been shotgunning it for barely over a month.

It is a new EXPANSION. It is supposed to last half a year - eight months or so until the first big patch. Hell, people were complaining about Twisting Corridors being too hard when it is the challenge wing of Torghast that is meant to resemble mage towers / horrific visions in difficulty on the day it was released, when most people are still sub-200 ilvl.

The “I want it RIGHT NOW!” mentality of the player base is higher than it has ever been.

1 Like