I miss Alliance AV premade community

Back when AV released, Alliance had 2 types of players that queued AV. Those who PVP and tried to win and those who wanted gear for PVE and could care less about winning or losing.

Alliance PVPers quickly organized and created multiple discord channels so those who wanted to actually pvp could join others that wanted to pvp.

We had some truly epic fights and I got to know a lot of people from other servers. It was a blast.

Horde usually lost, but they would end up with just about the same honor and rep and Horde queues were down to about 20-30 minutes max.

Then blizzard catered to a small minority of horde whiners and nerfed the ability to AV premake destroying this thriving community almost instantly. I havent seen or heard from of any of the AV players since then.

So I decided I would roll horde in order to enjoy semi organized AV games. I got my character to 60, queued up and to my surprise, The queues are now 1 hour 55 minutes.

What horde player out there is actually happy with this?

Which horde would rather go back to the old days of ally premades and 20minute queues?

6 Likes

It was garbage and thrown out as such.

3 Likes

Youre fine with the current 1.5-2hour long queues? I doubt you even AV any more

3 Likes

You ruined entire games for people not in your premades alliance side and you had a ridiculous advantage over horde side because of instant queues and nothing else. No. Good riddance. The reason why alliance lose AV is because its worse honor per hour than WSG and AB and pretty much only alts or bad players queue av alliance side now. Everything else may make it harder to win but thats not why you lose.

I wonder where did that advantage come from? Did blizzard code the game to make alliance into AV instantly or delay horde queue?

4 Likes

Disagree. Ask any alliance how they like the current state of AV. At least back then they could join an AV premade if they wanted to win

1 Like

I wonder if trolls like you are actually happy with their lives. And then i remember no and i don’t feed the trolls.

No one is arguing alliance don’t like it. No one alliance side not in the premade queue liked being dumped into a game where the gates were opened and only 15 alliance were in the game either.

1 Like

i dont im glad premades are gone in retail they are killing classic wow pvp as we speak.

I HATED the AV alliance premade days. They were bar none my least favorite time for PVP in this game.

I loved Phase 2 PVP, I loved premading WSG and later AB. I did not like having to rank through grouping with total strangers only in AV. I did not like having to compete with bots that would run 24/7 and having the bots get higher rank placements because I have a job and could not play 24/7.

My world PVP squad could no longer group. No one wanted to do WSG premades because it cut into HPH very badly. You had to sit in an AV queue at all times. The World PVP in between AV queues was fine but my world PVP friends would be in different places on their AV/AV queues and we pretty much couldn’t group together for it. So World PVP was also solo, although I like World PVP so that part wasn’t so bad.

I really don’t have a single positive thing to say about the AV meta days.

Now had I played alliance I probably would have liked it, so I get why alliance players keep coming back to this, but for horde it was so bad. I know so many players who were excited about WSG and just quit PVPing or quit the game. I have no problem with a 2-hour AV queue. A horde player can raid and then do an AV right after, or just run other BGs and sit in the AV queue. The current queue is not a big deal.

1 hour 55 minutes queue but winning 98% of the time, it’s not too bad.

While waiting you can farm, kill allies in the wild or even do an entire dungeon. You can also do irl stuff like working, chores or even take a nap.

Not even all of the alliance liked the AV premade meta because of what i said. It was a very small minority (who surprise surprise could coast to free honor in those avs and didnt mind opening up and abandoning multiple games).

1 Like

I’d rather wait 1-2 hours and actually play a game of AV instead of waiting 45 min and watch people take advantage of Qs and exploit their way to a win yes.

Join your Alliance servers premade discord… They are up, lively and queuing everyday still. But we don’t run AV anymore of course.

All the fun is in winning AB and WSG back to back if you want to. Id look into it.

Community moved on man. But it exists still on 2/3 of the BG’s so that shouldnt really be a problem unless you just liked 40vs40 for some reason.

Why am i troll? Is it because i make rhetorical questions that smash your whiny cry?

2 Likes

The reason we lose AV is because of the graveyard rez.

Idk why that’s hard to understand, even the pre-mades didn’t have current horde win %.

Also they fixed games starting with less than 15. Then the outright destroyed pre-mades for AV.

You think the changes to AV were to “help” the Alliance, those 15 people not on a premade are still losing now, the only difference is a premade actually let alliance have a fighting chance with the map imbalances.

Now instead of 15 people stuck with an AV loss it’s 40, I guess congrats???

3 Likes

In part the reason why you lose is because of the graveyard rez. IN PART. But that merely makes the game harder for you, it does not make you lose. Your queues are instant which means NO REAL PVPERS QUEUE FOR AV. It’s just worse honor per hour. Horde queues are not instant, and AV is a large boost to honor per hour in nearly every game for horde. It’s why horde players min max it and it’s why real horde pvpers still queue for it.

You can pretend otherwise if you want but thats a HUGE reason why you lose. I’ve been in AVs since they were released on classic and the gear disadvantage alliance have in AV is massive. It’s normally too big a hurtle to overcome even if alliance didn’t have as many afk rep bots as there are.

Fixed games starting with less than 15? ROFL. Do you really think even a 30v40 disadvantage wouldn’t destroy the side for the 30? Are you even capable of reading? I did not say this favors alliance now or are alliance happy about it. In fact i stated the opposite, but every single alliance pug hated AV premade meta. People like you are incapable of rational thought and it’s just sad.

You’re a troll because you don’t even attempt to use logic. I really just feel sad for you man, these boards are probably the best part of your day.

Funny how you say I’m incapable of rational thought, when you sit here and lie to yourself about the graveyard Rez being a small reason we lose.

It takes 5 minutes for IBGY to cap.

1:50 into the cap there would of been up to 60 horde rez’s and up to 60 of those horde players would of made it to IBGY to defend or recap it.

In that same 1:50 into the soft cap of IBGY there would of been up to 20 alliance who rez’d and made it back down to IBGY.

Sure seems pretty massive to me??

My point about the pre-mades was simply that the pre-mades win rate isn’t even as good as hordes win rate now. Any Alliance that que for AV are going into a game that’s an auto loss, with pre-mades atleast it sort of made up for the map advantage horde has. Would being the 15 left in the AV game because a premade left, sure. The outcome of that game would of been the same tho, it would of been a loss wether it had 40 Alliance are 15. If you need proof, look at current horde win rates.

You can blame the current AV on any imaginary thing you want. The fact is after months and months of losing AV, alliance play it how the play it as a product of those months of losses.

2 Likes

When did i say small part? I said IN PART. Once again rational thought. I also like how you skip over every part i said and go right back to your one point which i’m sure you read about or heard someone else whine about and are parroting.

It’s not just about win rate. Do you not get that? The AV premade meta was never intended. It was created because of the horrible faction pvp imbalance and it screwed over both alliance and horde. Do you imagine the 1 game the premades played offset the other 5 games they opened up and had every alliance player in those 5 games lose with 0 chance to actually play?

Do you think maybe the huge gear disadvantage might have something to do with why you lose? Do you think none of the alliance pvpers stepping foot in AV because of the honor might be a reason why? You can pretend it started after months all you want, it literally happened the very first day alliance players couldnt premade.