I mained 2hand frost dk for 7 years

I pvp’d 5 v 1 Arms in BC, and frost 15 v 1 in Cata, I miss a respectable 2h frost dk.

4 Likes

B4 anyone ask’s, pre-nerf death strike was a heck of a drug.

3 Likes

When I think of DKs conjured weapons come to mind.

1 Like

Like Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat? Because if so, that is what I was thinking too lol.

this gave me an idea of a 2h/dw hybrid, where for frost strike you sheath your 2h and hit with two conjured 1h swords to build up a stack of something, then hit obliterate to pull your 2h out hit the target with a BIG physical hit consuming the stack.

or perhaps something where frost is a melee master equipping both a 2h and 2 1h weapons at the same time and switches between them based on what spell you are hitting with.

3 Likes

I like this idea. It would also give obliterate more without the need (even though we really need it) of having it scale with mastery. This could be an interesting twist on Shattering Strikes too. Though I think they should change Obliterate to [(60% of Attack power) + (60% of Weapon Damage)], thus making it unique and powerful.

2 Likes

It’s especially bad this tier of content. I like frost. I also like unholy. Mythic champions drops a 415 2h. Guess I’m playing Unholy because there’s no realistic way for me to get comparable weapons for Frost other than praying for Titanforges or start Mythic raiding for serious.

I think Blizzard is pretty much damned either way. It’s hard to say how many people really like DW frost, but I’m sure some do. I think the majority probably don’t care that much and just don’t like getting jerked around over it and just want to feel like their class is performing well. It doesn’t really make sense from an itemization, gearing or balance standpoint to allow DK to pick and choose whether they can do both.

I suspect that two major reasons for Frost being DW is because it means DKs can’t play two roles and three specs with the same set of gear (usually only possible with casters), and because it means there’s slightly less of a pressure point on STR one-handers (which would then only go to Prot War/Pal and be dead loot otherwise). By that I mean the loot design team might think it would be hard to justify three STR 1h weapon drops in BoD if there weren’t also a DPS spec that could use those weapons.

1 Like

it’s more that the wow well was poisoned by diablo developers who were so shortsighted and arrogant they just decided to make frost DW without asking anyone in order to simply differentiate it from unholy because they both lacked creative depth and a proper feel for our class fantasy. i hope those devs were fired in blizzard’s round of layoffs, or their dog died or something.

7 Likes

This upsets me so much. God i want to play 2handed frost so badly iv been thinking about just hitting up some mop private servers Just to play my favorite spec with two handed like its meant to be played.

17 Likes

Only on wow. On d3, they pushed so hard to get people to rock 2h, I’d just as soon roll with 1h/shield or offhand for extra socket.

Meh.

in an rpg we should have both options. the game was not broken before that choice was taken away. class fantasies are oddly specific right down to the specific weapon type and yet somehow they feel more homogenized than ever.

8 Likes

I like where this is going.

Personally I love on d2 that a barb can dual wield 2h OR use a 2h with a shield.

I’d usually rock a ebotd cb with either a Phoenix shield or a stormshield.

I almost wouldn’t mind if they made runes and rune words a thing. Was one of my favorite collecting experiences. And if they made it so you could runeword any item that fit the sockets to make a runeword , well let’s just say I’d need some new undies. Lol

#makeithappen

1 Like

Well, they could have just added str/agi and perhaps even int on all weapons like they should have from the start. They do it on other gear, never understood the logic to exclude weapons on this.

4 Likes

I mained 2h frost also until they removed it in legion.

I was career PvP 2h frost though… I WRECKED. It was my FANTASY to be a DK after playing warcraft 3. To be able to walk through a battlefield as an emissary of DEATH with my gigantic 2h axe reaping my foes and turning them into skeletons…

the Dev’s class fantasy is a walking tank.

MY CLASS FANTASY WAS TO BE ARTHAS DAMN IT.

Gimme 2handers back please

17 Likes

I like 2-hand for Unholy and DW for Frost - personally though I think the solution is they just need to let us use what we like. If there are some mild discrepancies, who cares? As long as it’s not enormously off, does it really matter for most players?

Or I guess they could give us an odd solution, and just let us transmog to 2-hand frost or DW unholy. I would personally accept that too. Ultimately I just want options.

4 Likes

You…

Summed up my whole thoughts and love for dk’s

3 Likes

You know everyone loves that dual wielding arthas lich king fantasy

4 Likes

If you want an Arthas fantasy, then play Unholy, it’s as close as you’ll ever get. Take a real look at his ability and skill usage from WCIII through WoW. We see him use Frost themed spells a whooping two times, and summon an ice wall. Compared to the dozens of times he raised the dead, or flung around unholy magic and diseases (specifically things that deal Shadow damage).

Lore character don’t follow spec lines to begin with, but Arthas did very little to associate himself with the Frost spec. People just seem to gravitate to that because he wielded _Frost_mourne, and sat on the Frozen Throne. But neither of those things actually further the argument of spec association beyond being misnomers.

Yeah everyone remembers arthas drawing two swords it’s like the first thing I think of when I think of the lich king what does he wield? Two swords ofc!!!

7 Likes

Not every spec has to be just like Arthas. Frost and Blood wouldn’t exist if that were the case.