I loved the story of TWW... but there's something strange

There’s something that can’t go unnoticed.

SPOILERS AHEAD !!!
SPOILERS AHEAD !!!
SPOILERS AHEAD !!!

• Turalyon just waits the whole time… the guy is basically a chair, doing nothing but waiting, waiting, just staying there, waiting some more…

• Alleria simply manages to shoot an arrow at the most important device of Xal’atath?

• Lufsela took the place of not just one, but two “male” guardians…they said they failled and she, she is the OG master that did what they didn’t in EONS…

• In Dorgonal, in the Chamber of Foundation, we have one male leader of the council, and the rest are just women : Faerin, Brinthe, Adelgonn, Lufsela…

• Who saved Anduin? A woman from a race I can’t remember the name of lol.

• Spiders: all the leaders are female (okay, in the real world, that’s actually true).

• One strange thing I noticed, in the forge (blacksmith profession), most of the protectors/workers are women… the traders or those analyzing the metals are men… hmmm…

• Even in the follower dungeon, I don’t know why, but I tend to enter with 4 women.

• The main villain? A woman. I love Xal’Atath (look at my character’s name lol) - but this is a plus with all other topics here…

Do I care? No, but… isn’t there something wrong with this balance?

6 Likes

Turalyon is in his Baine era. There is less crying though.

2 Likes

Xal’atath been bragging about how she knows exactly how people will react. Alleria tells her exactly what she is going to do and then Xal’atath tries to move it out of the way and turns into the shot.

2 Likes

They had to give Alleria something. Xal’atath was shutting her down like Deion Sanders for so long it was becoming sad to watch.

They didn’t need to make it such an obvious token W moment but that’s what they went with.

2 Likes

Oh well that’s good.

1 Like

Current day writing OP :sweat_smile:

It’s over-compensation for literal decades of neglect. Ironic that it also became more and more prominent after that whole debacle regarding Blizzard’s transgressions in the workplace towards the specific gender. You can see it in other areas as well - i.e. fruit bowls, mid-riff and cleavage armor removal/changes, etc.

If Blizzard weren’t weirdos behind the scenes, we (as the players) wouldn’t be dealing with the consequences of it all in the games they make.

1 Like

There’s a balance, some of the women have a guy beside them. Such as Brinthe has Dagran help. :world_map::robot:

1 Like

so, man now are the little helpers. Got it xD

By the way, just because for years and years it was a “Bro war,” and because internally at Blizzard there were those aberrant incidents happening… why did that reflect so strongly in the game?

Don’t get me wrong, I found the female characters in TWW excellent, and I’ve always liked the game having some female leaders or characters like Alleria, Sylvanas, etc. But it really got to a point where men are just wimps, pathetic, only helpers or secondary characters, and that’s quite weird.

Possible Dagran will succeed her as there’s a model icon for the arms and he takes most of the dialogue. :8ball::robot::sweat_drops:

Only the first patch of story. His job so far is overseeing training of troops.

It’s apparently a Windrunner special. But the heart is just a huge amulet. It didn’t seem impervious.

She struggled in her new role. They didn’t just put her there.

Oh no…

An Arathi. A race that has great ties to his family and his own namessake.

I don’t really get your problem with women. Maybe woek on that.

Absolutely obsessed.

Jesus man.

If it helps at all, the last villain we faced was a dude, lol.

1 Like

i have not noticed half of the people mentioned here. must be my habit of skipping cinematics.

Alleria’s going to die by the end of TWW (“Come back to me…” “I always do…”) which will send Turalyon over the edge and he will (sadly) become a “Light fanatic” going into Midnight where he and Yrel will be buddy-buddy and we’ll get all that moral equivalence blah blah

and was terrible

1 Like

Legion.
Turalyon sees Naaru leader die.
Turalyon shrugs, whatever.

Well we could go back to something like TBC where the heroes of WC III were turned in villains. Two of three of them being men. It made no sense but, hey at least men out- numbered, lol.

More likely to become Varian as long as Turalyon has Arator. :8ball::robot:

…although possible Turalyon dies first. :robot::sweat_drops:

"I was only an infant when my father was deployed to this wasteland. All that I have ever known of him is what others have told me.

Do your dreams change, ? Mine do not. I have one dream: A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me."

Genuinely, I hardly noticed. One expansion that has mostly women in lead roles is fine. Its not like its Korean skimpy bop giggle women in lead roles.

Well it is a fantasy game, set in a made up, magical world and sometimes that world doesn’t reflect the present reality of real life.

Hey now, those games have their place in society.