I loved the story of TWW... but there's something strange

Sounds like you care.

3/5 of your points are " but they are women "

What is your problem with women?

And that’s the whole point—that time was good. Okay, we need some balance, but I pointed out in this topic that the ‘point’ is going too far to the other side…

It was not good lol. That made no sense. It’s just old story.

Why is it going to far to the other side? We just had story about Aspects who are mostly male.

The story will swing sometimes. It is a franchise that always had a lot of women. The focus for years of this game’s history was on characters like Sylvanas, Tyrande and Jaina.

I’m sure you’ll live until we get around to facing Iridikron. And next expac will be in Silvermoon, whose leader is a man.

Deep breaths.

I don’t have any problems with women.

Alleria is a great character, Xal’atath is a great villain, I liked Faerin, I liked Lufsela, I found her story very interesting…

My issue is with balance. There should be more male leaders, and the men presented are weak—either they’re just helpers, or they stay behind waiting (Turalyon), or as someone pointed out, he was TRAINING soldiers while Alleria fought the real battle—or Thrall, who is on a strange “learning” path, or Anduin, who had to be given lessons and moral advice to “come back to himself”…

Can we talk about Baine here ?

Do you see that there are a lot of “weak” male characters compared to the many strong, empowered women who take the lead… it’s definitely become unbalanced.

Players of Champions - the SUPER! role-playing game - will recognize that Xalatath got more build points by going with the Obvious Accessible Focus modifier.

1 Like

An Arathi. A race that has great ties to his family and his own namessake.

Er no, he’s talking about in Azj-Kahet where some random spider woman thing saves him, not Faerin. There’s more quests with her and a mean colleague or something but doesn’t really go anywhere if I recall.

1 Like

Regarding the aspects… Nozdormu’s emotional side with Chromie went exactly in the direction I mentioned.

In the whole story, Alexstrasza was the main character, most of the “lesser” dragons were female, and the male ones were mostly helpers. Yes, there were some leaders, but not in balance, and even the main leader of the centaurs introduced was a woman.

Sabellian and Wrathion’s story was one of self-discovery between an old problematic figure and a stubborn young one. But I have to admit, it was a good story. Wrathion’s path is a young boy going trough life… but… that’s it? That’s all there is, right?

Some of it feels forced. Doesn’t really bother me… more annoyed that WoW’s way of “lifting” females up is to just make the men weak or sad lol. Or you know just ignore them and leave them to rot.

yeah that’s it

Alleria keeps zooming off like a squirrel looking for a nut and doing dumb things. At one point she and Anduin are hiding and observing the spider queen and xallie shows up and she just takes a shot despite Anduin telling her not to be stupid. Her constant stupid, obsessive behavior isn’t “strong” any more than Anduins very short PTSD recovery arc back to solo stomping spider lords is “weak.”

Bad writing doesn’t have to have an agenda to be bad.

2 Likes

So you don’t even like when smaller rank characters are female. Seems like a personal problem. When you start counting the gender of characters in games, it’s gonna be unenjoyable. Especially if you are a woman for most of gaming history. It’s just not a way to enjoy things.

But hey, if it bothers you that much, there’s a game out there about a monkey. I hear a lot of guys bothered by women love that.

Is The Vizier female?

…how can you tell? :thinking:

You care enough to write a list and make a post about it, dude.