You have done an awesome job with this one Blizzard. Great work, loving the ability to play rated stuff without the job app simulator/coordinating schedules. I could play this all day, and in fact I’m thinking about leveling a healer so I can play it all day with instant queues 
In my book, solo queue arena is the best thing to happen to WoW in years!
28 Likes
I agree it’s great, and the tuning they are doing will help with any of the little kinks that need ironing out!
3 Likes
Lol maybe if they did it right but it’s current version is terrible.
5 Likes
you’re one of those that just heals and runs around the pillar huh?
ring around the pillar is my least favorite pvp.
2 Likes
In your opinion what is doing it right?
1 Like
So I am going to put my 2 cents in as someone who likes healing and gotten to almost 2k in solo shuffle as Disc;
- I heal most of the time but I found that around 2k is when the games get too stressful for me to heal in solo shuffle. Lack of coordination and fast pace of games eventually leads to frustration.
- I don’t want to always heal as I also like playing alts that are DPS but having a way to send honor/conquest to my alts would definitely make me queue more to gear them up.
- There needs to be a priority queue system account wide for players who queue solo shuffle as healers. This system should give the account priority queue when the player switch from playing a healer to dps class. For example, If I heal 10 solo shuffle games, when I switch to my dps, or queue as dps spec, I should get 10 games of priority queue that puts me in the front of the line.
- Incentives as short term solution would work but eventually what the game needs are new healers. People who play mainly as dps but would like to try healing as well.
- Mid to long term healing in pvp needs a more drastic solution. I am talking about the realm of smart heals. It needs to be easier in general to attract players who haven’t tried out healing before.
- There needs to be a UI overhaul with healing as well. Maybe smart heals would solve this to an extend but far too much time is spent staring at unit frames then actually playing the game.
2 Likes
Fix the mmr problems. The leaving problems.
The honor/conquest gain or lack of. Just a few of the problems
i’ve been leaving every game on my healer that my mmr is >100 points higher than the lobby mmr if i lose a single round
im leaving many games
2 Likes
I love it, but queue times as a DPS need to change. I would have preferred 2v2 DPS only if the queues stay this long.
3 Likes
I play the waiting simulator)
Does this prevent further rating loss? I might start it too lol
No you lose rating. You just dont lose mmr.
Rating is easy to get back your mmr is not.
Starting at 30% dampening with zug zug DPSers makes me not want to heal Solo Shuffle because it’s like babysitting kids sitting on a stove.
I’d love to be able to get even a single GCD to cast something other than a heal or a CC, you know, because I can’t trust a DPS to know how to press their damage buttons in the proper order.
I was thinking that the solution to all of the solo queue problems was to allow 2v2 games with no healer. (Kills queue times which makes leaving a non-issue).
But this thread made me wonder if another possibility would be to enforce healer + ranged + melee teams. That might incentivize people to stop playing melee classes to get shorter queues and it would also make healing (AND caster DPS) more fun (melee cleave train is toxic AF as everyone knows).
Just my 2 cents. Now tell me why I’m an idiot
You’re not an idiot. Just that this will butcher already brutal queue times.
Imo they should just add solo queue RBGs.
It’ll be the same nonsense of imbalance etc., but eventually mmr will settle and people will mostly play with those they should just like soloq arena.
The difference is that -
A. More people per game (though games take longer).
B. More enjoyable for healers and non-meta /zug dps since objectives play a role and death is not the end of the game.
RBGs as they are have been and always will be a dead and toxic af bracket. Soloq eliminated their main benefit - easy rated honor for the vault and easy rating.
Making a soloq rbg just creates more avenues for the casual pvp “rated” experience that is not group oriented.
Now tell me why I’m an idiot lol.
Not perfect yet but they at least are recognizing the issues and working on them. Easily my favorite game mode. Solo Que RBGs next plz.
Always been the worst part of wow pvp. Bad enough melee seem to think they’re balanced around 100% uptime on ranged but then god forbid you want to focus someone down as ranged they’ll just los