I love "push" weeks

because everyone has collective amnesia of how to play properly

• stand in cone effects with a 10 year telegraph time
  • go ham right at the start of a pull, who cares about tank threat
  • healing and utility spells are optional
  • defensive cooldowns are optional
  • everyone runs around in random directions and ignores basic commands like “stack”
  • harmful avoidable mechanics are assumed to be LFR level damage and thus negligible

I have a billion times betters progress and success on literally any tyrannical run. Please blizzard, make every week tyrannical so people can’t just zerg through things.

I love failing on 19-20 keys that should be 10x easier than the weeks in which I previously timed them. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside so much.

8 Likes

bUt TaNk ThReAt DoEsNt MaTtEr

8 Likes

tank looks in the general direction of the next pull
DPS players proceed to open up the unholy gates of apocalyptic mongo AOE cleave

4 Likes

Just take a party of shadow priests, we don’t do any damage for 60 seconds so you can get all the threat :wink:

7 Likes

If you’re spriests don’t pull for you because their sanity was about to drop, are they really shadow priests?

6 Likes

New shadow class theme rework:

As your insanity bar increases you steadily lose control of your character, causing it to stutter in random directions and cast random spells.

3 Likes

Shhhhhh. At least it’s easy to pull aggro from us.

Also super thanks to blizzard for what this does to group leaders trying to host groups after this week.

95%+ of applicants with good scores will look good until I load up their profile and see a wall of useless bursting + volcanic scores with the next ones being +15-16 and a timed tyrannical if I’m really lucky. Then when I decline these people I’ll get a wall of rage whispers as if I’m a horrible person.

Please take the affix system and launch it into the sun, thanks.

2 Likes

Couple things I learned this week.

There are a butt ton of people that don’t understand how to deal with the last boss of Underrot. This includes 3k+players.

There are also a ton of people that don’t realize triad fight on WCM is a single target fight.

People absolutely struggle to wait for me to call them in blob obby after I snap the tenticles. Had a dozen people come in just after I went in and lept away only to screw up the entire pull and cause many people to chain die.

Some people are really good at cannons on TD… some aren’t. And those that aren’t are the ones that always volunteer.

Had a mage blame me 4 times for dying in a KR earlier when we were boosting a key. It was only a 22 but he was getting hit by everything. The hunter ended up chirping up and pointing out he was the only person in the group dying.

Some people need you to babysit when they kick, they don’t have the intuition to kick the very important cast when they’re the only kick available.

1 Like

Spent 4 hours on and off putting together an ML 20 group. Got to the last boss with 5 minutes left and two people died on the bomber volleys AFTER I positioned the boss. These people had good experience in much harder keys than bursting + volcanic.

Spent 4 hours on a different character making a shrine 19. Got to the last boss with 6 minutes left and people could not organize the interrupts on the phase adds.

2 years later and people failing simple pass/fail mechanics after they have done said runs at a 15+ difficulty 10+ times, mechanics that are muscle memory for me after a few runs.

If I don’t time at least one +20 on a tank character of mine by the end of this reset I’m done with this game. Give me bolstering + explosive + tyrannical week over this garbage because at least I have some confidence that the people I bring won’t make the stupidest of mistakes repeatedly.

This endless constant failure by players that should know way better based on their experience has exhausted my patience and I’m the most ultra masochist of anyone I know when it comes to WoW pugging.

Every hunter I’ve ever invited has claimed 90-100k DPS and has ended up pulling 55-70k overall regardless of how I pull, even in ilvl 475 with good corruption. 3k+ score and vouched by people I know ? still terrible damage. I’m done with hunters this expansion and I’m done with mages since they think they are the tank demanding how I pull my run. Blizzard please turn arcane into a tank spec so mages can live out their fantasy.

Food for thought, how many newly minted 3k havoc DHs do you think know they have an offensive dispel in their spellbook ? Way less than one would like to admit.

2 Likes

I’ve been having bad experiences with demon hunters this week, even 4k io ones doing like 90k overall, attacking on pull with TD and getting 1 shot, pulling aggro on tank buster while we kite to a snap point and dying. Feel like all the io on this class is inflated and to get a true DH io you need to subtract like 1k

1 Like

Fire Mages are the best DPS in the game and you should absolutely be pulling around their damage windows… without proper pulling, mages damage throughput is severely limited. It is on them to communicate and let you know when it’s available. Some are obviously douche bags, but there’s a reason FM is mandatory in high keys. We timed +24 motherlode with 25 deaths because our FM literally deleted backs in his combustion windows. The rest of us just made sure kicks/stuns were handled while he destroyed the pack. It’s honestly a joke really.

Hunters on the other hand, should pump no matter what.

DH’s are a support class these days. They buff mages and help with mob control while dealing medium tier dps.

If you want to time a 20 lmk. I’d be happy to smash a few with you.

Hosted a few more 19/20 keys. Got screenful after screenful of applicants with:

• no timed key in the dungeon above 16 that wasn’t bursting volcanic
  • timed 15-16 tyrannical in that key or none at all

So I typed "if you’re full of bursting volcanic scores then don’t apply"in the description. Now i’m getting no applicants and a wall of hate from people full of said faceroll scores and nothing else acting like they’re the most amazing players in the world because they have 3k score when their true score is probably 2k.

I’ll just wait until next reset when I can play M+ again in a solo pushing environment where the average applicant doesn’t think they are queing into a random 5 man heroic. This is after I spend 3-4 times longer checking each person sifting through the timed affixes that aren’t a joke.

You’re going to struggle to find higher-ish players that have scores not including this weeks affixes since it is the best week to push. I understand your frustration, but you’re asking for something that is going to make an already difficult situation of finding decent players into something borderline impossible.

Cool

I’ll wait until other weeks then where I can time more 19-20 keys with people who actually realize it’s a 19-20 key and not LFD.

More fun that just happened in workshop 20, after I took 4 hours to form the group.

• 3 people died on flame turret on engineer boss at once, leading to a wipe
  • DPS warrior died to AOE from breaker obelisk on the way to last boss
  • DPS warrior died on recalibrate on first phase mechagon
  • resto druid died on phase 2 magneto arm like he had never healed it in his life
  • leaving me and a mage to wipe at 10% phase 2 with no time for another attempt

When I told them they ruined my key they called me immature. Complete incompetence and no shame.

I’m done. I can’t take it anymore. Everyone has reverted to idiot mode this week. The fact that I had 10x less trouble timing a temple 19 key last week than anything this week is beyond absurd.

1 Like

None of these scenarios are effected by affixes, just bad play.

These situations happen all the time in all types of keys on all weeks.

I lost multiple 25 keys this week to stupid stuff as well, it’s frustrating for sure, but it happens.

Get yourself a pocket healer and run with them. A guidly heals me and since no one else in our guild truly wants to push we would join other peoples keys a few levels lower than what we were pushing, run with them, and if they perform well, keep playing with them and befriend them. You gotta put in the time obviously, but the long term result is having a friends list full of well performing players to scoop up for higher keys… then I can pug lower keys for fun and laugh at the players that think they’re good and fail at everything.

It is, indirectly.

They happened because the affixes created an impression in people that this is a joke week and that all mechanics are trivial and negligible. Therefore you can let your guard down and THINK you can make stupid mistakes. I have ran dozens of workshop keys in the 15-19 range across several characters this season and I can count on one hand the number of people that stood in that turret or died to that breaker AOE or died to recalibrate on phase 1. Now I had all of those happen at once in the same run because people thought it was a joke and they let their guard down.

The same thing happened this week with the torches in AD. The same thing happened with the bombers of last boss ML this week. The same thing happened with basic interrupting on last boss in shrine this week. People just don’t care.

The equivalent situation last week in TOS would be 3 people dying at once to lightning swirls on the last boss, which are obvious long telegraphed 1 shot attacks. I never had that happen yet I guarantee if I ran TOS this week it would happen because people simply don’t care.

As a tank I always work around the fire mage. Lower keys doesn’t matter but once you start going higher the timer will be tight so you need to be efficient with the pulls that’s why they complain. I have that WA that shows everyone’s cds. So when combust is ready I do bigger pulls, you don’t want to waste a 2min cd on 1pack doing so just hurts the group, timer and their dps.

As a tank you decide the route so you gotta factor them in.

On another note why are so many hunters dying to volcanic this week?

1 Like

Why are there so many hunters dying to everything when they can ignore most mechanics due to full mobility ? Why are there so many hunters quoting me 100k DPS when they’re lucky to break 70k overall ?

I don’t know but I’ve given up on pug hunters

Back on topic: Got myself a siege 20 key after upgrading my key again. I’ll report back with how many people die on the first round of bombs on first boss because “lulz push week bro screw mechanics”.

I pug the vast majority of my keys and do keys on a daily basis. I only join 20+ keys for the most part, and my experience is the polar opposite of yours. I succeed more then I fail. I playe with complete strangers, usually without voice, and sometimes with language barriers. I take the same approach every week, regardless of affix or dungeon. I also can’t remember the last time I blamed another player for “ruining” a key. It takes 5 guys to time a key. Maybe start taking a look at the common denominator in all of your keys to identify the problem and you might find some more success. Quite frankly, you are always upset, maybe try a different game?