I love glimmer

Ide be ok with it as a new mastery but to prevent making it mandatory just put it in place of holy prism on the talent row since it’s so under utilized as a talent and that is a thuroughput row. Would probably have to buff judgement of light a bit though to keep it competitive.

While Holy Avenger is a nice QOL, without Vision of Perfection it won’t line up with Avenging Wrath in the future and won’t be mandatory going forward.

This would offer two standard talent builds. The third talent in each row can be tweaked to be used in specific scenarios such as beacon of virtue.

Bestow Faith, Judgement of Light, Avenging crusader, and beacon of faith for ranged heals.

Crusaders might, glimmer, sanctified wrath, and divine purpose for melee glimmer healing.

This just requires a fix to glimmer style Mana management, or lack thereof. As well as a lack of reason to utilize all your infusion procs.

I would suggest causing infusion procd heals to apply glimmer and significantly increasing the Mana cost of crusader strike.

I wouldn’t be happy If I had to choose between glimmer and HA. I don’t always use it with wings anyways. It’s a nice cd when wings isnt up for weeks like this one ( bursting).

Yes CS need a mana cost, but thats for next expension. Make it cost the same as CS or HL.

Mastery is honestly one of the better solutions to carrying it forward imo. They can nerf it however they want and we’ll still have it and be able to use it whereas if it’s a talent they may end up nerfing it too much so we’d end up never taking it or it’d be too strong and be the only talent we take on the row it’s available.

I’m always skeptical of abilities we’ve already had being introduced as talents, it usually always ends up either being gutted and never taken again or it’s too good and is the only thing on that row you take.

This would be a perfect time for them to get rid of the mastery we have now for a much more exciting and interesting mastery. Our current mastery is one of the biggest negatives of holy imo, we have no control over fights that force us to be spread and it feels even more useless in dungeons/pvp.

Im not a fan of our mastery either, but making glimmer the mastery would peeve some people, myself included.

I dont think making it a talent is the right idea either.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again: i hate loaner abilities. They did it in Legion and theyre doing it again in BfA. It peeves me off to no end.

I can absolutely agree with your stance on loaner abilities. I hate when an azerite trait or a legendary item completely changes a playstyle, that’s what class deaign is for.

I am in the camp of hoping we get a glimmer option full term in the future though.

When one azerite trait takes hpal from the worst healer to the best, at worst 2nd best, healer in raids it’s a problem. It’s speaks to an underlying problem of the spec.

That it does.

I think its due to how raid damage is dealt and dealt with.

Before glimmer, aoe healing was harder for a paladin. Now? Spread shocks, heal all of them when you shock.

The more i play with it, the better i like it, but it does show an underlying problem with the class.

I was unaware they were that bad before glimmer.

Honestly that’s just the problem that comes with rental gear like artifacts/azerite. Some things will be OP and class-changing while some will remain boring passives. All of it gets removed at the end and it becomes a rinse-and-repeat cycle that we’ve seen going from legion to BfA.

It doesn’t help that the tier practically feels molded around glimmer. Damage happens in intervals on most fights (dread on Za’qul, sparks/deferred sentence on queens court, the aoe on radiance, barrage on sivara, etc) which is exactly what glimmer wants in order to fully shine. Along with visions, were able to use wings and ramp with glimmer for almost every large damage event on every boss, it’s pretty insane.

But yeah, it would be nice if they did away with the rental gear systems and just made some good defining class changes along with a system that’ll actually remain in the game rather than be removed or fully changed/recycled in the next expansion.

1 Like

I actually like our mastery and wouldn’t want them to dump it. It emphasizes our role as melee healers which is part of the RP. Yes, it makes us stronger/weaker during certain encounters but I think that’s okay.

Rather than making it a talent or making it our mastery, I think they should bake Glimmer into the class as a passive. I think they have stumbled their way into making this spec fun again. I don’t want to see them fumble the next iteration.