I love glimmer

It’s always been my thought holy pally should be a “battle cleric”. Melee with lots of passive healing and a few active heals for when the going gets tough but up close in the action not standing back and only casting heal spells. Basically the Shamicar in RIFT. That was an awesome healing class, and fun.

Yeah I know its job. Its just boring to use because it has a 15 second CD and you have to stack crit for the big holy shock and infusion procs. I prefer a build that relies on haste more because it is more fun.

I liked EQ2s inquisitors. Reactive heals, like earth shield, and heals through dps.

Id like a reason to use a 2h.

1 Like

Why would running a lot of haste be bad for Virtue? I mean, crit in general is worth a lot more in M+ than in raids since we love those Infusion procs, but that has nothing to do with BoV.

Well, with BoV you want as many empowered Holy Shocks as possible. If you have a lot of haste then that means less crit. You can still use BoV, it just doesn’t feel as good.

My opinion on BoV and glimmer is that you are missing out on a lot of HS proc if you chose to run BoV. Last time I used BoV was in season 2. I do not miss it one bit and will probably never use it again, regardless the affixes of the week.

You have to know the pulls, damage pattern and have to prepare in advance a bit if you want to run Divine purpose all the time. With wings up or/and holy avenger ( on top of the essence vision of perfection, its really strong aoe healing. Yeah your dps will drop a bit in certain situation but people will live and thats our #1 job after all.

Plus, using DP, your tank get a beacon all the time which means less direct healing on him, which also means more dps. BoV is great sometime yes, but in higher key , tanks are getting clapped real hard and I feel that BoV wouldnt be enough. 15 secs cd lol, tanks can die in like 2secs in weeks like this one. Ran a 18 ml thursday poor tank lol…

Anyways, divine purpose it is for me.

i am kinda upset tbh. i got 3 of this trait but it only heals for very very little amount =( its like dang kinda disappointing lol

As mentioned, Glimmer really isn’t very impressive outside of raids (and even then, it really only becomes OP in Mythic raiding). It’s not a bad trait, but there’s no need to stack 3 x Glimmer for M+.

Where it gets disgustingly powerful is in a raid fight where you pop wings + HA and roll Glimmer on up to say 15 people; at the peak, every Holy Shock you cast can proc for 100k+ in raw Glimmer hits even before vers, wings aura bonus, etc; and you cast HS every two GCDs. That’s how Pallies spike at ridiculous 150k+ HPS near the end of wings while spending pretty much zero mana.

But on max 5 people in a dungeon, it’s not particularly impressive. Sorry to disappoint. :frowning:

If its not that good for m+, why does every top tier h pal running glimmer 3x and nothing else?

He’s completely correct, it isn’t anything special in m+ but the reason people run it is because it’s basically free healing and damage. Holy shock is your bread and butter in m+ for both healing and dps, glimmer adds both free healing and free damage. There’s really no other trait that provides the same free damage -and- healing that glimmer does, however people don’t play around it because you 1. Want to heal as little as possible and getting 5 glimmers on the entire group will take a lot of holy shocks you could’ve used on dps and 2. Five people isn’t a whole lot of glimmer healing going out compared to how it is in raid.

I feel you are contradicting yourself here lol. So no other trait do the same dps/hps, yet its not anything special? On massive aoe damage I’ll try to have 3 glimmer up to try to avoid to rely on FH crit to heal my group ( think tantruun in UR ) Actually I want five up so when tantrum start, I can holy shock once or twice to heal them a bit while I can focus on walking on ticks. If you look at the overall healing at the end of the dungeon, glimmer will be like 4-7% of the healing done, which isnt ** anything special ** but on certain fight its way more than that. Not sure why you guys trying to down play it while its the best trait for h pal in all aspect of the game. 3x glimmer 1x light decree and rest is mostly haste/crit proc. So yes it is great for m+.

Btw im running 17-18-19 keys, I know very well about my spec…

I didn’t say it wasn’t the best trait, it’s obviously strong. It’s not something you really need to play around though, obviously in niche situations or depending on your group you absolutely should but for the majority of the time you really don’t.

That isn’t a contradiction, most of the other traits are fairly weak and a majority of them don’t do both damage and healing whenever we use one of our most used abilities. By anything special I meant related to healing in m+, mainly due to the fact we spend less time healing (usually) than we do dpsing.

I guess what we should probably state is that in most cases it isn’t anything special but in certain situations it can be but overall I think you spend more time not really thinking about it than you do playing around it. My experience is only in 17-19s or so, not really playing the game right now outside of raiding so I could definitely be under exaggerating here.

This is what I don’t understand. If mostly all the h pal are using 3x glimmer, how can it not be special? From my point of view, it means it is, maybe we just don’t share the same definition.

Yeah I think that’s probably the case here. Everyone running it to me doesn’t make it special, it could easily mean all the other options compared to it are just bad which is mostly true for m+.

So I did like 7 keys today and glimmer was doing between 15%-19% of my total healing in each dungeons. Holy shock was obviously #1 hovering between 27%-31%. Glimmer was second only behind HS. I would say that is pretty darn good…

While you right that most other traits arent anything special, what I saw today really make me think its “special”. Im hoping they don’t delete it for next x pac. Make it a baseline talent. That would be awsome to not pray for piece with this particular trait… First two 445 mythic +gear for me had no glimmer and it felt really bad.

Yeah it’ll probably depend on the level of keys your doing. Highest I’ve done this expac was only 19 and with guildies so the healing was minimal. I’ve had to do 40-50k hps total in pugs but with guildies it’s nothing and I only do them when guildies ask now anyway. As I said before there’s also nothing else to really take aside from Indomitable that is super great for m+ so not many comparable choices.

I don’t think it’ll get deleted considering they left it how ridiculously overpowered it is now for raiding. They left it that way because of the playstyle I’d assume and the fact the class was horrible to play before glimmer. I do think if they take it forward it’ll probably be a nerfed version as our mastery or something but I’m not too sure.

It may end up like mistweavers hopefully not :smiley:

After a few days of trying it out for Mythic+ I think it is better than normal style. The top mythic+ scoring H. Paly uses it and says its still the best way to go. But I do agree, talenting into Virtue is good since more AOE healing is needed this week via quaking.

I hope Glimmer of Light becomes a Talent. I have played holy during every expansion from Cata to BFA and this is hands down the most fun I have had playing a Holy Paladin

1 Like

I’d rather see it be our mastery. Making it a talent will most likely put it on a tier that competes with a talent that is already needed for the glimmer build.

1 Like