I love glimmer

I started healing for the first time this tier, and I am in love with the glimmer playstyle. I love being a very mobile melee healer and the high apm style of healing is very very very fun. Do y’all think it will stay this way for next xpack, or even next tier?

6 Likes

Next tier, yes, next xpac, who knows.

I believe blizz has commented on the glimmer playstyle saying that it wasn’t intended to be a build but they like it and want to carry it forward in some form.

basically it’s going to get gutted next expansion so blizz can put their own spin on it.

4 Likes

Blizzard has been toying with both pallies and monks to make a melee damage to heal healer-a melee disc if you will. It is a different healing style which would be good to add to the healing meta and should be popular.

What they need to do is settle on the class and let people gravitate to it that want that playstyle and those who want to be ranged to migrate away.

1 Like

Would be amazing if they make it so that if for example are using Two beacons, Virtue that your beaconed targets refresh the duration.

Might be a bit broken if it was implimented now. but possibly make it easier to maintain your party with glimmer so that you’re focusing more on dpsing. Seeing me doing 25-30k dps is quite impressive.

However, being in a m+ and depending on the party, its around 8-10k dps

2 Likes

Yes blizzard glimmer paladin is so much fun! Please keep it around!

7 Likes

Exactly this. They said the exact same thing about Fistweaving.

Now Fistweaving is useless outside of dungeons unless you outgear the content.

You are a mobile holy pally? Damn It’s like seeing a Unicorn.

1 Like

I really love it. I usually main Disc but the fun Glimmerdin playstyle is really making me reconsider. It’s fast, fun, and kind of reminds me of when the spec had Holy Power.

2 Likes

Glimmer seems to be working well for me in the M+ 10-13 range this season. Does it get problematic for 15-18 range?

Got my 3rd Glimmer trait this week. Gotta say I didn’t like it that much, but I can see why it’s strong. Still sticking to SW + Virtue build though, which I love.

No, Glimmer is the build we always ran in m+ even during uldir/early bod. You’d take SW, CM, holy avenger and DP/Virtue, glimmer is essentially just a big bonus in m+. The only thing that would get problematic in higher keys is low crit.

it is def a fun build… i’ll get hell for this but i wish crusaders might affected judgements as well due to things like sanguine…

Yea, pushing my way into the 15’s and glimmer is still solid. Have more of an issue with people accepting me into groups because I’m not a resto druid than I do actually healing the dungeons.

I just switched to glimmer style and it seems pretty good. But I def need more practice. Is their AOE healing pretty good? This week is quaking. I am a bit nervous with the healing up keep in between mobs while trying to learn.

Yeah aoe healing is good. If you’re pugging you’d probably want to run Beacon of Virtue though as it’ll help make recovering from group wide errors much easier. You don’t really play around glimmer in keys, it’s generally just a bonus since our goal is always to do as little healing and as much dps as possible but if your groups are bad or consist of pugs you can play around it and focus on healing.

Regardless yeah our aoe healing is good. Quaking is an annoying affix regardless of class especially during fortified teeming but beacon of virtue will help you a lot while learning. Just make sure you maximize usage of Crusaders night so you have holy shock available as much as possible, it’s our bread and butter. Higher crit for m+ is also something to work towards, we benefit more from crit in m+ than we do in raids which will help both healing wise and dps wise in higher keys.

1 Like

Glimmer is a lot of fun in Mythic Plus. The extra haste makes the build fast and fluid. If you get a bad tank, be prepared for a rough time though. The spec is very similar to Disc priest in that it shines the better the group is at dealing with mechanics. The main difference is that you will be in melee range which may work out to be an advantage or not depending on the affixes.

I would recommend using your own keys and being very selecting on who you accept into the group. I was able to clear +12 keys and push my IO score to 1K with relative ease.

I don’t expect Blizzard to leave the spec as is in 9.0 since the trait will go away with Azerite gear. They may add a talent that is similar to it but invariably, they will twist it into something that is inferior. The problem with Blizzard Devs is that they just can’t leave well enough alone. So enjoy it while you can.

We don’t really play around Glimmer in M+. Glimmer is crazy strong when you ramp up on 15+ people in a raid, but with a 5 target cap it’s just a bonus to your direct healing.

The same talents that we use for Glimmer are still good choices in M+ (though on some weeks you’ll need to take Virtue for AOE healing) and Holy Shock itself is a very strong heal; but you shouldn’t be trying to roll Glimmer as you would in a raid. Priority healing is key.

1 Like

Well that is depressing. I was hoping never to use BoV again. It is a one trick pony and relies too much on Crit and CD’s to be effective. I would prefer using Glimmer for AoE healing all the time.

I don’t know what you mean by one trick pony. BoV is specifically meant to add an aoe heal into our build, that’s its job. It’s effective without CDs. Honestly if you have a decent group you should run DP anyway, BoV is mainly for pugs and groups that aren’t too good at avoiding damage. It’s also good for bursting.