I love Classic TBC

I hate when I see players taking a dump on classic. I understand some of their points with blaming blizzard for a few things but I personally enjoy my time. I’ve had friends call classic “mindless” and I understand the game has been throughly figured out with gameplay and rotations but boy, grinding to that first mount or that green or blue piece of gear really makes you feel like you earned something. I know people always say “make sure you’re having fun while you do it” and I sure am. The in game community hasn’t disappointed me either. I believe I’ve conversed with more people in classic than I ever have in retail. More than once a random has approached me and offered free gear or help or whatever. The only thing I really dislike is the boosting or paying to win type thing. I don’t understand what the point in playing the game is just to have everything gave to you for nothing. If anyone plays on Grobb and wants to level/group I’m on a good bit. Always glad to help. Blood and Thunder!

17 Likes

wow is the best mmo rpg out there. if people invest the time to find a nice guild and actually make friends the experience is extraordinary

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with this! There are those who are absolutely determined to be unhappy with the game and it’s good to see that there are many people who are unphased by all that negativity. Generally speaking, Classic has been a great experience and I’ve been thrilled to be able to play a version of WoW I actually enjoy again.

2 Likes

i too love classic tbc and am angry they are getting rid of it with wrath classic forever.

2 Likes

What do you mean?

All TBC servers will be pushed into WotLKC with no TBC servers remaining. At this time, they’re not planning on a SoM for TBC either so if you truly enjoy TBCC you’d best wring all of the enjoyment you can out of it because once WotLKC launches and assuming they don’t reverse course on that decision, TBCC is gone for good.

Ah, right. I’ve honestly kinda forgotten about it because I’ve mostly been looking forward to Wrath since the moment they announced Classic at BlizzCon 2018. But yeah, I think that’s a horrible decision.

TBC has always been the least popular of the ‘first 3’ among private realm communities, but an audience does exist. By removing TBC from the pool of WoW content officially available, they necessarily guarantee that the community who wants TBC will go back to private realms. It’s kinda funny too, the whole reason why we got Classic in the first place was that there were so many people playing old WoW content on private realms that Activision Blizzard couldn’t possibly ignore the potential revenue it would bring in to give those players a home for a price.

2 Likes

Its ironic when retail players do exactly as you’re saying because that game almost puts me to sleep. If it were not for the laser light show that could blind someone with cataracts it would be the cure for insomnia.

Well its a fair estimation at this point given the present data (thank you WCL) the private servers will be 10x better than ever before.

=)

I’ve had quite the opposite experience.
In Classic, my social element goes as far, “inv”, “ty for inv” and spamming “:LFM…”
Every time I try to make a small talk in TBCC, it’s 9/10 times ignored.

Meanwhile on retail, I’ve had discussions on wedding rings, how to cook steak, house market, family & dog relations, not to mention a number of discussions about 10.0 and other aspects of the game.

In terms of getting Blue & Purple quality items…I see almost no difference between Retail leveling and Classic. 9/10 quests reward greens. Only log chains reward Rare at the end. Leveling dungeons also all drop blues. Only max level dungeons on Mythic0/+ reward Epics…and on TBCC it’s Heroic dungeons.

Getting FULL EPIC set in TBCC from Heroics is not any harder than getting full Epic set on Retail.

This is not about quality of leveling, or comparing the difficulty levels. This is purely about item quality rewards.

APM on retail is 80+ for every class. Some are even nearly 100+, like Rogues and WW monks. Classic APM is what…20? Maybe 45 for a rogue.

I’m not judging by any means, everyone has their own preferences, but on Classic most boss mechanics are rather simple, meanwhile retail mechanics require you to do some Olympic level gymnastics. Of course, again, to each their own.

Same happens on retail. Classic is not special by any means.

I found that Classic community, generally speaking, is a lot more toxic, insane minmaxing attitude…People even check logs for Heroic dungeons and trash clears. As Phase 1 BIS geared, even higher than BIS for P1, I’ve been declined from Ramparts Heroic for not having BT/HJ logs.

If you do, fantastic. That’s all you need!

But if your entire feedback is based of 13 levels of the game, you’re in a rude awakening.

Unfortunate they won’t keep TBC servers when Wrath hit’s, my opinion keep the TBC classic realms and start new fresh Wrath ones when it hits just in case some decide they don’t want to progress into wrath.

WoW is the best MMO even at its worst points, and TBC Classic is one of its worst points.

And still 15X more fun than retail.

3 Likes

uhm no. that would be wod,bfa and shadowlands.

3 Likes

People have different life experiences. So I would say rather than being passive aggressive to each other you both accept that different people like different things (shocker) and do what makes you the happiest.

2 Likes

Sure thing. But OP’s experience seems to be based of 15 levels, while mine of the entirety of classic. Saying that people are nice in Classic almost implying that people on retail aren’t. That’s just not the case.

It’s almost like judging the book by the first 2 pages and not by its entirety.

To answer your question I’m not basing my entire experience from thirteen levels. I appreciate your input. People can have different opinions than your own. If you have such a great experience in retail why do you bother with classic let alone a thread about someone simply saying they enjoy something?

1 Like

There’s no actual reason to pick a fight on your thread where you’re being positive and talking about enjoying the game. It’s great to see you’re having fun.

2 Likes

So why are you posting on a level 13 alt then?

and apparently you can’t handle mine so you are telling me to go to retail…oh man. The irony.

but also

Like I said, you can’t seem to be able to handle my opinion.

Jeez. So dramatic,

Im a vanilla vetran and left in cata because the game became overly socially toxic and a portal for hackers, came back mid legion with the announcement of classic, I played through bfa and p2 of shadowlands. It was a socially barren and never really met anyone. The entire system caters to and encourages solo play so no real push to interact with others. Classic on the other hand has been an amazing social experience and atm I run a guild near 400 members strong and very social. Everyone is different and have different experiences, classic requires social effort greater than most other games whereas retail requires none. Yes you can be social in retail but its not generally one of the reason people play it compared to classic.