I looked at ironforge.pro and noticed the population is already shifting more in Horde's favor

doubt and your joking if you think a good chunk chose horde specifically for racials.

Maybe not the PvE folks, but the PvP folks for sure.

1 Like

Or some neck bearded guy who lives in there moms basement told people WOtF and hardiness and troll racial was superior but when in fact the amount of people complaining how awesome perception in arena is. Maybe 12 years ago people played factions for aesthetic and fantasy but now majority and I mean 75% play for min max culture. Literally no reason what so ever to play alliance… welcome to The Boosted Crusade of World of Hordecraft

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Purely opinion. Unless you want to bring numbers into this… plus why so cynical?

For starters, neck beard has got to be the weakest attempts at an insult. You’re better than that man… racials are barely in favor of the horde. Maybe tell blizzard to allow faction changes and allow dwarves to be shamans now and I might go Alliance. I don’t like Draenei; I’m not changing my class, nor am I abandoning my gold, releveling my professions.

Still doubt a good chunk of them did it only for the racials

There are essentially 4 population groups.

Alliance who chose it because of personal preference. Horde who chose it for personal preference.

Alliance who chose it for practical reasons (queue times). Horde who chose it for practical reasons ( racials, higher pop so easier to get pve/pvp groups and guilds, more 1 sided pvp servers so less being ganked at summoning stone, while farming or questing, etc)

The personal reasons people are probably either going to play their chosen faction or quit.

The problem section is that the practical reasons people on horde side vastly, vastly outnumber the practical reasons people on alliance.

Alliance need more practical reasons to choose it and horde needs less, so that a much closer population balance can be achieved to allieviate the underlying problem.

Best target for those people would be buffing alliance racials. Make escape artist not resist and give it 2 sec immunity, give the 1% hit talent 1% crit damage as well, make stoneform give +10 resil for a few seconds… stuff like that.

Offer free faction transfers for the health of the game.

If the population does not start to balance itself, make an announcement that pvp servers were created to offer a sense of danger from the other faction and that one-sided pvp servers are absolutely unintended.

Set an amount of time after which if the population has not corrected itself to within a 60/40 split, the server will be designated a pve server.

Open a new pvp server in each group that has mandated population balance with no characters able to be created if the population exceeds 60%. offer free transfers to this server for a month or so.

With the change to racials, the people who chose horde for practical reasons will be much more likely to faction change to alliance if it is free.

And I agree I wouldn’t abandon my character either. I never understood why dwarves weren’t the TbC shaman race. The aliens being shamans made no sense to me. I strongly agree that in classic factions where played out of love of that faction, when TBC introduced arena in my opinion that changed. And it doesn’t help that alliance have a stigma of losing BG’s almost to the point it seems blatantly on purpose for the sake of honor/hr.

Sadly, that stigma hasn’t changed as I am on Alliance currently on retail… lose a little over half my games. Probably a 45% win rate.

So basically, me not being able to find a group to do a dg or raid isnt a problem?
funny huh

So it begins, the cries to nerf EMHF.

You’re probably the only one.

Why are you looking at pvp servers when ironforge.pro gets its numbers from PVE logs?

You’re trying really hard and I… find it… adorable? No I’m not complaining about it, anyone who isn’t completely mentally inept knows it’s broken. I stayed Horde… PVP’d and beat booties.

lol you have to be joking if you think a good chunk of horde went there specifically for racials

As far as I know it’s the best we have, and changes in it still reflect changes in the player base.

If you are going to talk about PVP populations, use a pvp population site.

https://drustvar.com/tbc-leaderboard/stats/us/3v3

That seems sbout what it was at the beginning of the expansion.

We should make a shirt enchant for alliance only now. Only alliance get the shirt enchant. Watch things swing around for the fun of it…

Sky is falling, just for the punching bag faction. Everyone on alliance should honestly just reroll horde.

It’s not… but you want it to be to support your narrative.