I looked at ironforge.pro and noticed the population is already shifting more in Horde's favor

Everybody knows Horde vs Horde is coming back. For U.S PvP servers Alliance is 38% to the Horde’s 62% right now. Once Horde vs Horde is back it’s going to rapidly get even worse. People are abandoning the Alliance because Horde is the obvious choice now. Is this really what we want for TBCC?

EDIT: All of the numbers have shifted towards Horde in every metric recently. It’s the worst on PvP servers.

45 Likes

Its what blizzard wants and isnt that what is really important here?

Side note… I believe they are sabotaging classic because they can’t fathom the fact that people enjoy a game that is 5+ more yrs out of date than what they have created.

20 Likes

Horde has always been the dominate faction… do we wish it was 50/50? Sure. But at the end of the day, people are going to the faction with friends or that they just like more.

5 Likes

It’s pretty obvious people are abandoning the Alliance because one of Horde’s few drawbacks has been removed from the game. The Alliance is going to die for real.

37 Likes

I’m mostly saddened by all the servers that are turning to HEAVY horde. Then the threads where people are talking about their faction being gone which is basically the death of a community. :frowning:

My server is 61% H 39% A but was 51% H /49% A at the end of Classic and I’m worried about it even.

Then people are like “we don’t care” and I look at it as those people being selfish and unable to see past their own wants.

54 Likes

Yes, a majority of people want to be able to BG without waiting 1.5 hours.

Faction imbalance is a separate issue, and tbh isn’t as important as a majority of the player base sitting in the capital city waiting to play the game.

7 Likes

It’s over dude. When HvH comes back the Alliance is dead.

10 Likes

So dramatic…

4 Likes

Every single alliance will cancel their account and spend another month no life leveling horde characters.

1 Like

I’m being realistic. Look how much the numbers have already shifted. I’m right. Is this the end of my life? No. Is this the end of a faction’s PvP presence in a two faction game? Yes.

7 Likes

Yeah I mean we’ve talked about it. I’ve actually been feeling like playing my horde less because I do not want to be around these terrible types of people (even though my horde friends are still the same and that’s what’s the most important).

Anyway that’s how I feel.

7 Likes

I’m disappointed too. They really just don’t care at all about the things that make this game what it is.

14 Likes

Well, if it happens it happens… you can’t force players to play something they don’t wanna play. Blizzard knows trying to force players to play alliance for ques isn’t going to work… so FvF or Merc mode is the best option. Alliance may not like it and think the sky is falling… but it’s not, everyone will be fine in the end. Everyone wants to play the game, the way they want to play it… not how they’re told to play.

3 Likes

I don’t see things the way you do but I just don’t have the desire to get into another debate.

Then your post was made for no reason, but have a good day none the less…

2 Likes

Faction Imbalance is still a separate issue. The solution clearly isn’t forcing horde to sit in 1.5 hour queues, because that didn’t solve it in the first place, it is just causing people to quit because they can’t play the game.

Faction Imbalanced should be tackled in a win-win scenario. For instance:
Horde Get instant queues.
But Alliance gets more honor per BG. Perhaps some kind of sign up bonus so they can gear mains/alts faster because their faction needs more for the war effort etc.

This is a win-win because it keeps people playing the game.

3 Likes

I didn’t make this post to have the same debate again. I made it because I was shocked to see how much the numbers have already shifted. It wasn’t exactly a planned or focused post. I’m just disappointed.

I too am disappointed… but not for the same reason as you.

They’re not sabotaging it. They’ve NEVER done anything about faction balance. At least nothing that’s worked. And really, that’s something that should have been put in place before August of 2019.

4 Likes

So you’re telling me a vast majority of Alliance are abandoning 2 years of character development so they can…join Horde premades?

2 Likes