Testing of Same-Faction Battlegrounds Will Continue

They said from the start it was a test and they are looking at the data. That’s enough of a reason for it to be off right now.

Now they are updating people who are concerned saying it is going to be tested again.

The battleground queues are not very long right now so you can still play.

No it doesn’t.
There is no reason they can’t do actual faction balance related options first other than an incompetent or poorly staffed dev team.

Going nuclear and giving the dominate faction everything it wants while watching the other whittle away slowly gives us Shadowlands where the faction balance is 80/20.

I don’t want Shadowlands, I want TBC.

2 Likes

It’s not a personal attack. It’s a complete disconnect. Alliance weren’t concerned that this change would impact their w/l ratio or world deaths while it was being tested. Their concern was actually implementing this with no system in place to prevent or improve decaying faction imbalance. They don’t seem to hear us.

3 Likes

ah well congrats horde. hope you get this so you can finally have fun. you all deserve it

:+1:

1 Like

yeah they’ve been jerking us around from the start, exactly. turn it back on. 64343 alliance raiders, 1245 queueing right now. 1.9% of alliance might get upset if you turn it back on. you can’t collect data if it’s turned off.

1 Like

if the do this. they just make new account to boost. maybe this is the hidden agenda behind the whole thing. they make more money alliance buying the new horde account boost.

Lol
We have interviewed 85% of our pvp player base … and the over-whelming feedback is they love it (and we love them!)
We didn’t bother with requesting feedback from the minority 15% player base… they don’t matter.

1 Like

This change sucks, address the core issue which is faction imbalance. Offer free horde to alli transfers only. Your destroying game immersion and it’s such an easy solution

9 Likes

they could make just as much money if not more by implementing faction transfers. more people would be likely to transfer a character they’ve put time into than they would rerolling from 58. chances are the people running things are just incompetent. history definitely supports that line of reasoning.

Your math is wrong. For every 1x the alliance population in queue, there is 1 BG length for their queue, plus a constant time to find enough players. So if there are 1500 horde players and 1000 alliance players for a 30min BG that’s 15min plus a bit in queue. To reach 1hr there would have to be 3x more horde than alliance.

1 Like

this is awesome i hope all alliance switch horde. horde is the place to be. when enough people swap to horde side their que times will increase. then they will want alliance back but the damage will be done.

1 Like

The pvp player base is such that horde do outnumber alliance significantly. 3:1 feels about right or maybe even slightly lite. Blizzard has made it so.

1 Like

I agree but that’s not on the table and don’t look like it will be.

nah they took the feedback and discarded it because nobody that disagrees with the change can form a coherent argument on why it shouldnt be added. all i see are people complaining that they didnt roll horde essentially or should have just rolled or xferred to a pve server

1 Like

Release the real numbers you cowards

1 Like

Would it be possible to get some actual numbers instead of anecdotes about how “things got better”?

• How many same Faction BGs took place?
  • How many opposite faction BGs took place?
  • What were player trends in server transfers over the data collection period?
5 Likes

the whole test was built to ensure there would be no feedback from alliance. It is, and always has been, one way traffic. The game was originally built for two factions… one only is surviving because Blizzard can’t solve the underlying issues they themselves have created.
You have your problem fixed… enjoy it …

2 Likes

Thanks, we really went after it.

1 Like

squeaky wheel gets the grease… make more threads on alliance faction imbalance

How many times do I have to say it … Blizzard ignore alliance. The horde are their baby.