I Like SL More Than Legion

Gameplay is a huge thing.

Some players genuinely don’t care much for the gameplay — they’re there for the content. And that’s where Legion excelled.

But for players to whom the gameplay matters… Legion was pretty bad in many ways. The excessive pruning and “make each spec a mini-class” (spec identity over class identity) ruined the classes (especially Hunters, IMO). SL is the first expansion in which we finally regained a few abilities that we lost in Legion.

So it’s really dependent on what matters more to a player. Content or gameplay or lore.

For me, it’s gameplay. So I detested Legion.

And it’s a pity! Because Legion had good content and lore. :confused:

3 Likes

Disagree. Enjoyed Legion a lot more. Being able to wield iconic weapons in the lore of this game was pretty cool. World quests felt more rewarding than the ones in Shadowfail imo. And Legion invasions were a lot of fun. Mostly because even late in the expansion there were still a lot of people out doing them. Wasn’t so much of a raid, or die expansion, or world of instancecraft like SL, or wod.

3 Likes

While I like Legion more than Shadowlands, we all know that TBC was the alpha expansion!

:smiling_imp:

I like to poor cereal into my milk.

You need to have two bowls. One for milk and one for the cereal. That way you can freshly dunk each scoop of cereal in the milk. No soggy cereal (unless that is you thing)

:crazy_face:

Lot of revisionist history about Legion’s early reception here :sleeping:

2 Likes

Can’t say I’m shocked someone who plays a vulpera, have any taste at all. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Legion > SL > BFA > WoD

Legion is only head because they managed to reverse course from all the 7.0 things they did which made the game not fun. 7.1 was a very good patch. 7.2 was mediocre. 7.3 was…fine? I guess.

My mom loves homemade sauerkraut. It is her favorite dish, but just the smell of it makes me nauseous. I am not going to argue with someone about if they should or should not like something, but I am sure not going to agree with you.

I love it too!

Exhibit A of Sylvanas being right.

I had more fun in WoD than SL.

:cookie:

2 Likes

SL is the one of the most casual friendly experiences in years.

Including artifact power or Azeroth power is inherently anti-casual because it requires daily logging on to keep up.

1 Like

There was nothing wrong with WoD. If they hadn’t scrapped the middle tier and included M+ it would have been popular.

2 Likes

That’s an opinion. Even from the start I found it very compelling.

“Casual friendly” means something different to each person who identifies as a “casual”. I have seen way too many posts saying, “It’s really easy to level up a character, put them in transmog, and shelve them for the rest of the expansion. That’s totally casual friendly! If you want to play them at all, you really want each of your alts to be a second main. That’s the wrong way to play the game, you shouldn’t want to play your alts in any way, you meta slaves!”

2 Likes

You must not have been to Revendreth yet :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s not really an opinion. The amount of anger the start of Legion incurred is provable if you go back in time on the forums enough. Later patches smoothed over a lot of issues, but the launch was a mess of maw farms and really bad rng. Also, don’t forget when people realized how alt/casual unfriendly AF weapons were before they started to rain AF power down upon us.

In fact I see a lot of the same issues popping up in SL. History repeats as Blizzard learned nothing.

4 Likes

I also had more fun in WoD, but that’s because I was one of the rare few, who actually loved doing Ashran. I would just play it all day, it was incredibly fun.

2 Likes

Yeah, it really is an opinion. I enjoyed Legion at this point more than I do SL.

1 Like

It truly is. A lot of people found it compelling. Some didn’t, and a lot of those left and didn’t return until BfA, and are now preaching to us that nobody liked Legion in any way, that Legion was horrible, that titanforging and getting legendaries for playing the game was a horrible experience.

Again, an opinion. I and lots of other casuals worked through that and don’t look back trying to pretend that other people shouldn’t feel the way they do.

I remember. Stop telling people what to think. Retconning history is unseemly.