I keep smashing into trees while trying to fly in the new zone

The new Emerald Dream zone is a crazy mash-up of Val’shara and Ardenweald and the trees have huge branches. Anyone else keep banging into trees?

21 Likes

Time to call in some Goblins, start the pruning.

8 Likes

No.
But, I mean, I AM a Night Elf.

We are :deciduous_tree: dwelling mammals.

5 Likes

Nope, because I’m using normal flight in the Dream, for the most part. Much easier to adjust my direction, and a lot more time available to do so before I slam head-first into a branch.

10 Likes

No, but then I don’t fly with my eyes closed.

2 Likes

I wish the trees would leaf me alone.

10 Likes

Need that areal agility that you’ve honed over the past year of this expansion.

The Superbloom moonkin ability that shoots you into the air, however, will usually smash you through a limb above and leave you there. Wasting the cooldown and leaving you stranded.

The final boss area is especially nasty for this.

4 Likes

There’s a solution to all this . . . growth . . . in the emerald dream

15 Likes

Yes. All day long :rofl: I mean it’s the one thing I hate about this zone and I hate that I hate it. I mean, it’s the Emerald Dream, it’s meant to have lots of trees and green and stuff, but COME ONE NOW :rofl:

With DF, yes, there’s too much in the way that stops me. But I am playing my druid thru the content so I’ve given up on DF and just just my OG flight form. My momentum isn’t stopped with crap in my way – I am happy to have old flying back even if it is slower.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Fire is bad, though. They keep having us put out fires there.

I was flying to a rare last night and smacked into a branch right after hitting Whirling Surge. I think my Whimsydrake may be mad at me now. LOL

6 Likes

I have hit a few trees… especially the big one in the middle

Stop drinking and flying. Its a forest. Physics is a thing

2 Likes

Dont dragon-ride so close to the trees? Or use old-school flying to avoid that problem if you have to fly close (Aviana was in a tree and some of the world-map chests are on a branch that’s below another branch and was hard to land on while at dragon-riding speeds).

Nope I am using old flying so it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Sometimes, but this issue isn’t exclusive to the Emerald Dream. I’ve been running into trees since I first started dragonriding. :sweat_smile: I sometimes lose focus if I’m trying to get somewhere in a rush, or if I’m looking for something.

1 Like

I can’t imagine not using old flying in that space. So much to hit, so many little branches to perch on to get herbs and whatnot. I would not be enjoying myself there nearly as much if I didn’t have flight form.

I just flew oldschool to the catalyst and back. Yes it’s slower, but not so much slower so it still feels worth it to have the additional control. It’s movement, I don’t really want to play a mini-game just to travel.

I do like the slitherdrake and I might use it on occasion in the isles proper. Highly doubt I will use it in the dream.

Old flight is so nice though, I am so glad they didn’t gate the living hell out of it with rep like they wanted to do initially.

My theory is that it would have been stupid to give druids new flight forms . . . that they couldn’t use for a month or more. I mean, it definitely would have been stupid, I just wonder how much it influenced their decision.

2 Likes

That quest line in particular i had to use tbc flying. Just the vigor cost to get up there…. Same with treasures. Only way to get some of them

1 Like