I keep seeing "Fresh Wrath/TBC Server please"

So are most of the old megaservers from WoW Classic 2019 - going to call that a failure, too?

Anyway, from my point of view, the few months I played on Skyfury (the fresh start Wrath Classic server) was quite possibly the best few months of my Classic experience - at least on par with any given timeframe of the same period in any other version of Classic.

It was absolutely great!

For me, that’s a huge success.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes. Servers that die are a failure. For Blizzard and for us.
There is a clear trend that every fresh server died out around Ulduar. People that join fresh servers just want to play the hype and go to mega servers again. This is nothing new.

OK. I mean, I disagree with your opinion here, but at least I understand what you’re saying. If you’re calling any server that dies a failure, I can see where you’re coming from, and what your measure of success/failure means.

I think that’s a great idea!

I do. People have to pay transfers to enjoy the game and Blizzard has to invest into servers that are dead.

Totally fair, I think.

I did, but shortly after Blizzard offered free transfers, so…

1 Like

Do they give free transfers to mega servers?

Yes, they do.

Interesting. All I see is people complaining not getting free transfers to mega servers.

Well, from Skyfury at least, you could transfer to Whitemane, Faerlina, Bene… etc.

For wrath they did the Fresh launch coinciding with pre-patch.

The result was you had not only the people that wanted to commit to fresh, but also vacationers with no intent to stay but just wanting something to tide them over til launch that was at least a piece of the early overpopulation and then exodus.

People would hate it, but I think if it had any chance at all to work you’d have to delay ‘fresh’ until actual Cata launch.

And tbh, even then I don’t give it great odds of success just with where the community and overall population numbers are.

I’d be pretty surprised if Blizz tried it again at all, and I’d be more surprised if it led to a sustainable server pop.

Sort of missing the whole “no server economy destroyed by botted gold” part, though.

Yep, some people don’t think before they type. :wink:

Personally I don’t feel like losing everything I farmed for since Classic so I’ll pass, but I don’t see why not add a fresh server for those who are interested in it or for those who enjoy the Fresh hype to then transfer to mega server once the hype is over.

1 Like

Cataclysm should only be fresh realms in the first place: A Better Way To Do Cataclysm
(I left the link open this time since a certain “helpful” clown wants to keep posting about it.)

Botts should be a problem independent of which expansion is running on a server.

That’s not what you were talking about; rolling a new character on a server that’s been around since 2019 is going to have a vastly different ingame economy to work with than a brand new server, made much clearer by how much botting has gone on since 2019.

It doesn’t even need to go that far; think about how much stuff like Silver/Gold Rods are going to be selling for on a server where no one’s done a single Wrath daily at 80, much less the millions of gold you’ll see on the bigger servers right now.

1 Like

I’m not against having more servers. I’m just taking into consideration the practical problem of having multiple servers to solve every problem.

So there are people who want era, tbc, wrath, cat and retail servers that just keep going release to release and there are people who want fresh servers for all of those expansions. Others want servers that do not move on to the next one so double that.

Then what happens after a year goes by? Now you have the 1st generation still there, the 2nd genration is now getting “long of tooth”, and someone will be calling for new fresh servers. Next year same thing.

So do the number of servers just keep growing or is there some point when any of those can be deleted?

Sod fresh worked and fresh doesn’t really work when their is a distinct advantage to an older server. You can prob make a ton of gold selling mats on a older server, you can get free carries more frequently. The reason people want fresh tbc is that if blizzard announced a some-changes tbc server it would have to be fresh, unless they had the data.

When there is a choice between fresh and old servers the rational pick is the old servers the money, the stuff, the higher geared players. When fresh is the only option like in som, and sod well it was nice to do, I mean the only other thing that might work for fresh would be if they skipped past mop and went right to legion classic with it dropping as a fresh server.

Yes it did fail, it worked right up until the server opened up so I guess it could work if they just never opened the server.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.