I just hit 50, and I am bummed

I was leveling a fresh warrior through the Chromie Draenor campaign, and having, honestly, the best time I’ve had in WoW in years.

Then I hit 50…

I really don’t know what to say other than I wish this worked differently. Am I alone in this?

37 Likes

No, since prepatch I’ve leveled 3 alts to 50. On my 4th now, really feels dead at level 50

12 Likes

I already had a stable of 20-something at the level cap. Came back for the level squish and pre patch to get some more heritage armors. But yea…this is the problem with tons of expansion systems. Going through it the first time isnt too bad for the first character.

But grinding all the same reps/essences/crap and not just jumping into dungeons/pvp/raids…feels pretty awful.

21 Likes

I’m at crossroads with this character. Just hit 49 earlier today. Not sure if I want to level her to 50 just yet. But, lost a decent bit of motivation at the thought of not progressing anymore. Couldn’t decide so I just logged off.

1 Like

At 50, just work on getting better gear and getting that cloak up. I’m pretty sure the cloak stays with you in SL, but the amulet is disabled in SL zones. I could be wrong, but this is what I heard and read. Plus, better gear will make the experience easier. Also, I heard there will be PVP vendors in SL, so farming honor would also be useful.

1 Like

How else would you want it to work other than no leveling and just go finish stuff up like you can do by locking XP. If it’s to slow down leveling then stay in Classic please…

4 Likes

I have had the same experience with the alt I just leveled to 50 from scratch. I do not really want to do the 50 content again on this new alt, so I am going to wait for the prepatch for the most part (other than grabbing some WQ gear and the low hanging fruit like that) to get the catch-up gear in that phase and call it a day. Level 50 content is super stale and unfun at the moment, no way around that.

I want to stay in that expansion, scaled to my character (which it clearly can do).

5 Likes

Nah. I turned off my EXP when I was less then 5% of level 50 so I could keep questing.

10 Likes

Sounds like the solution is to level more alts.

You found the part of the game you enjoy, so do that part. If you find your new favorite food, you don’t get sad when you finish eating it—you get more of it when you’re hungry again.

I’m not really certain how you construed finding the solution as a problem.

7 Likes

Or they could just let you stay in Chromie Time capped at level 50 with a warning that in order to continue levelling, you must go to the Shadowlands … as soon as it exists …

14 Likes

Are you referring to forced teleport?

Nope I think alot of people are slamming the door on wow atm and may not even return.

Sicne we’re in pre-patch. There isn’t a lot left to do. You can gear through LFR and dungeons. One thing I’ve been doing has been chasing my cloak on my new 50’s. It takes almost as much time as the leveling experience does. lol

1 Like

Blizz needs to add a prepatch gear vendor/content so players can BG and stuff w/o having to raid/mythic+ last expac’s content just so they don’t get stomped in BG’s. Or you know… make the pvp vendor better than ilvl 68.

4 Likes

That’s okay, I have seven accounts, people like me pick up the slack for Blizzard.

3 Likes

Level to 49 on a new alt then turn off XP, problem solved and you can quest through everything at the same level as you.

Wait till you hit my age, 50 is a youngster compared…

Oh wait, you mean level 50.

On that note, I agree that Blizzard could have organised things a whole lot better. I fail to see what benefit there is in using Chromie time. If I wanted to level through an expansion zone previously, I could, when I got the appropriate level. What they should have done was this:

• Offer an expansion as a levelling choice.
  • When you start it, you are presented with a redesigned zone lore questline that covers the story of the expansion zones, which allow you to level up to 50.
  • At 50 you then enter a specially designed event experience allowing you to participate, with a set of NPCs, in a level-specific recreation of the end-of-expansion raid. For Wrath, that would be ICC and the Lich King. For MoP, the fight against Garrosh. And so on.
  • You are then offered the entry quest to either Legion or BfA. If you choose Legion, you can play through that for the story and the artifact, and when you want to, you can then go to BfA for gear to help you get ready for Shadowlands.

Now that would have been fun imo. (I note this isn’t my original idea, it was suggested some time ago by a content creator, I just tinkered with it a bit.)

7 Likes

I’m glad but you might be playing in a empty world soon, so it’s good you and your toons can talk to each other.

no worries shadowlands is out before 2027!